Anxiety Thread

Dealt with it all my life. If you need advice, hit me with your problems. If you just wanna vent about your anxiety, feel free.

Attached: BB725251-1C3D-4807-BA12-A76130CCA832.jpg (720x540, 75K)

I have problems connecting with people socially. I'm not bitter, I'm just not like how I see people on snapchat and Instagram making funny videos. I can't really dance, and I dont listen to mainstream music.

This gives me massive anxiety whenever I'm around other people during social events because I don't really have much to connect with. I can be at a party in Isla Vista, or at a social lunch, or at a club, but I still end up becoming distanced.

I'm also physically awkward. The complete opposite of grace. Like I will spin around to grab something and do another 360 among things like that.

What the hell man

I compete in something that I think I am actually the best in the world in. I win pretty much every game I play unless it’s a tournament game, because I will be riddled with anxiety and make a lethal mistake. And the only reason I have so much anxiety is because I am afraid to make a mistake. And then that anxiety ends up causing the mistake. What do you suggest I do?

How can I accept that most things that are part of everyday life (social stuff, chores, job) will continue feeling like a struggle for a very long time if not for ever.

I have trouble gauging whether people actually don't like me or if I'm just fixating on small occurences and giving them too much meaning. what do?

I've dealt with it all my life also and it's gone away almost completely but lately it come back. What do I do to get back on track?.

I used to feel the same way when I would compete in amateur mma.

If you feel anxious, you probably haven't practiced enough. You may be naturally talented, but having the skill and composure to execute under pressure is definitely something that needs to be worked on.

You should practice enough that even without talent you should hold up. Become almost indifferent.

You can practice by first doing whatever it is you do around other people, during parties, etc. It may seem weird, but doing that drunk or high will help as well as make it humorous.

Obvi dont get hammered during a comp/event

performance anxiety is tough and probably the only case I'd recommend meds

My chest area feels tight all the time because of anxiety, what do?

It’s not that I don’t have enough talent or I’m not good enough, it’s just that when I play a game I’m thinking about what I’m gonna do and why it’s the best choice and then I win, but in a tournament my heart starts racing and all I can think is “holy shit it’s really here right now is the tournament I’m gonna fuck up here we go I hope I don’t fuck up oh my god holy shit”

Look up deep breathing exercises. At some point you will learn to ignore it and become desensitized to it, anxiety’s weakness is not paying attention. Anxiety shows you an image of the world crashing around you but your strength lies in having the ability to not pay attention to it while remembering that it’s still there

I got anxiety about my approaching exams.
It's so bad that for my mock exams i had to leave because i felt nauseous

Everyone is awkward. People who aren’t awkward are robots and probably sociopaths. Everyone has weird habits and ways of doing things; anxiety is closely related to OCD and even has some traits of the disorder. Basically everyone has weird tendencies and you shouldn’t feel bad about it.

First step is recognizing what you have (anxiety) and being self-aware. I’ve become so in tune that I can tell when I’m going to have an anxiety attack a few days before it happens. The biggest trigger (sorry) for my anxiety is the unknown and change...newsflash, life has a lot of that. Roll with the punches. Bask in the good times and get through the bad times and come out stronger than you were before. It might not get easier, but it does get more manageable.

Test anxiety sucks, I can relate. I have a math final tomorrow and I’ve already puked twice. You just have to keep yourself calm (lots of breathing, remembering that most of the people around you just want to get it over and done with and leave) and that people usually don’t pay attention as intensely as you think they do. Breathing is so essential when you have anxiety it isn’t even funny. Breathe in for 6 seconds, hold for 5, exhale for 7. My tried and true, every single time.

Anxiety does that - it rollercoasters up and down, I know mine does. Basically you just have to ride it out. Take it easy and go on with your life in the most minimal way possible and keep yourself happy. Anxiety is a bitch but you aren’t it’s bitch.

Ever heard of peak performance? Sports psychiatrists will help train atheletes to control their mental state to achieve this. Basically it is having a really zen moment when competing and realizing your strengths and what you’ve done correctly thus far instead of focusing so much on possible mistakes. Channel your anxiety into passion for what you do. You’re obviously very skilled at it, so from the outside looking in, you have nothing to worry about. Everyone has and will make mistakes.

You’re probably just overthinking things. Anxiety makes you more receptive to everything so picking up on body language or something that someone said usually means nothing. Reoccurring incidences are worth looking at, though

If you have social anxiety here are a few things that helped me get over mine:
>get a job, being forced to talk to people in a setting with a script (taking an order) makes it a lot easier to talk to people outside of work, as strangers seem less like foreign creatures and more like people similar to yourself
>realize that nobody cares about what you're doing as much as you do. unless you're creating a scene or look particularly weird, nobody pays you any attention. think about how little you care about what others are doing in public or at the gym and realize the feeling is mutual
>realize this is a part of you that you'll always have. everyone has anxiety to an extent, so don't expect to be able to be free of it forever, but realize with practice and persistence you'll be able to lessen the weight this carries in your daily life
I've come a long way but still stumble every now and then when it comes to even getting myself to leave the house, but remember to celebrate every small victory and be patient with yourself.

How do I stop being so anxious and stop looking for advice to start living life for myself? I tend to overprepapre and read every single article and I’m addicted to self-help books. I want that to change.

>My tried and true, every single time.
>I've already puked twice
Hmm
Thanks though. I haven't puked yet and i don't want to

Perfect example user, I agree completely. Forcing myself to have a social job (I work with kids) has really helped. Everyone is socially awkward, hell some of the parents are more awkward than I am.
Also important: people do NOT give a shit about what you’re doing. Unless you’re doing something akin to tourette’s no one will notice your head being down or your hands wringing together.
Good shit, user. Thank you.

I meant more of when I’m in the situation and can’t leave the class to throw up. If I’m at home I’ll throw up because...well I feel better and it’s not good to fight that urge, your body is telling you this for a reason, especially in my case this morning when it bypasses the nausea stage and I almost threw up on myself. Nausea can be handled with deep breathing was what I was referencing mostly

Stop looking for it and do it. Throw yourself into it with caution. Eddie Murphy once said “my advice is to not take anyone’s advice” and I kind of live by that. Getting help sometimes is fine, but if you’re reliant on it, you’ll be using crutches when you can walk perfectly fine by yourself. Don’t doubt yourself

Thanks, I’ll look into that more

And again it's psychology that makes us feel more awkward than we really are. It shouldn't be called a 'disorder', it's NORMAL.

They make money toying with our mental health and making us feel worse

Attached: 1525645046756.jpg (600x818, 75K)

Sounds serious, have you tried asking Google? That's what OP does anyways.

>that's what OP does anyways
aren't you a ray of sunshine?

I start new job soon at fully automated warehouse, no warehouse or machine op exp (that's what my position will be). I have being so nervous and anxious I can't sleep and get very sick. When I start at work I am afraid I will be so nervous I shake and mind blanks, meaning I don't retaining information well.

Also I am scared I have been extremely sluggish and lethargic since I started eating healthy almost 3 weeks ago, and I'm gonna have to get used to 10hr shifts when I've been working mostly 5-7hr most of the past 6 years. I need energy

Attached: 20838132_110120949696919_555800129953595392_n.jpg (640x640, 68K)

Depression is making me pretty much useless and as a result I have anxiety. It is affecting my sleep and I can't get more than 6 hours of it. I'm getting more and more anxious every day

I just feel like shit and I’m not looking forward to working tomorrow man. Someone end my life

I was looking to see gunshot wounds happening irl (didn't get any high res videos, so dont bother this way) and most of what came up was suicide by cop.

it's very easy to have someone end your life. police officers are trained to neutralize people who even look like they're initiating an attack.

so its not really a funny offhand expression imo

Please dont do that to the cop...they have to live with a life on their conscience