People don't approve of me dating a much younger woman

I've been single most of my life till this year I turned 34 and made improvements in my career and with my body, more built now than I was in my 20s. Women started to give me the light of day but I wasn't interested in what is normally available to me so aimed for the 18-25 age range of women... as a result I managed to get a 18 year old gf, and it's got my friends and mainly family flustered.

It now comes up a lot "user she's 16 years younger than you", "Why can't you just have settled for a mature woman", "This is borderline pedo user" personally I don't see the issue if I can attract a younger girl and she is comfortable with dating me than what's the issue? But lately been wondering how I can calm down the constant remarks from people about the age gap because it's only getting worse. Should I just break off contact for a while with people that have an issue with it or try a different approach?

Attached: wolfer0256.jpg (600x804, 71K)

how the FUCK do you get along with an 18 year old.

Half your age plus 7 my dude, dating an 18 year old in your mid 30's is fucking creep

I'dve gotten obstinate and defensive.
>user she's 16 years younger than you
"Not an argument."
>This is borderline pedo user
"It's either pedo or it's not. Pick one."
>Why can't you just have settled for a mature woman
"If there are supposedly older women who want to date me, then give me their number or go fuck yourself."

We have the same interests, most women my age can't be bothered with a lot of more physical hobbies. Also most women my age have kids, I'm not going to raise another man's child.

Women my age wouldn't date me when we were 18 so I'm just want to experience what I missed out on.

Those are some decent counters, especially the third one.

Everyone is just jealous hahahaha

>Half your age plus 7
What's the origin of this rule?

Attached: DGvVdc6UMAAVUcl.jpg (1536x2048, 432K)

Nobody fucking knows, it's just some arbitrary shorthand that has been repeated since god knows when.

Sounds like bullshit, if Im 4 years old does that mean I can date a 9 year old?

>let me apply it in a way that was obviously never intended and pretend that it disproves it

A 2 year old can date an 8 year old.
Do you understand what this means?

Why do you care so much? You don’t depend on other people’s opinions to live, just tell them whatever, you don’t need to get into an argument or convince them of what you are doing, you are a fucking adult

Sounds like all your friends are jealous you're getting some tight young pussy. They can probably all go fuck themselves. If you're enjoying the relationship then stick with it. Don't let it get to you. There's really nothing wrong with it other than maybe a disparity in maturity level, but that's not something you should up and dump her for unless it really becomes an issue for you

Yes, that somebody is being a smart-ass at one in the morning.

>Those are some decent counters, especially the third one.
Why would you use the third one? It implies you aren't serious with her.

It's no one's business, tell them to fuck off. A bunch of bitter fuckers I'll bet, either women upset that they had to settle with Steve, or men jealous that they're stuck with Pam.

It's just been causing tension lately, mainly with my sister and mother. Mostly the women in my life have an issue with it, I can't bring her over to family events and certain outings without it being brought up constantly.

There isn't any problems with the relationship itself just tensions with other people, I never got anyone this upset in my life. I finally got a gf and people freak out about it.

>Why would you use the third one? It implies you aren't serious with her.
It's more of those women are the same women that never took my seriously all my life so if they wouldn't date me back than why should I date them now? I am dating a girl from another generation but we have a good bit in common at least.

>those haters are just jealous
rite

because if OP fucked with a 16 y/o that'd be cool too. how about a 15 y/o? no, 15 is statutory rape

Irrelevant, OP's girl is 18 thus legal.

There is nothing wrong with it infact it's human nature to be attracted to women in their prime and when you get a woman in her 30s things start to go wrong and you run a greater risk of having offspring with down-syndrome and other issues.

Assuming you want a family...

Attached: 1517354_1517220958578353_607516038_n.jpg (480x480, 44K)

Along the lines of what was saying, the 18 year old undoubtedly has profoundly deficient life experience from yours. Regardless of liking similar entertainment or hobbies, she has taken far fewer risks and had fewer failures and successes than you. She cannot have developed the same quality of perspective on where she wants her life to go that you have for your own life. If you have gone through college or professional training, she certainly hasn't since she is at the age immediately after graduating high school in the United States. For all the shitty stupid mistakes you have made in growing up, she has yet to make maybe one. Consider if you want to ride life with her while she is still growing up. Careful you don't become Daddy, telling her what to do and not make the same mistakes you did.

Don't even entertain the conversation with them. Bring your girlfriend to functions to show you are serious about the relationship and if they not approve just leave. Frankly it sounds a little controlling of them to decide who you can date. Maybe if you brought home a crack smoking prostitute or something

Such an arbitrary metric

Decendants of puritans in America

Whats the point of this post? OPs girl can be tried as an adult. She is capable of making decisions.

Marriage failure in the future due to you being a grey wrinkly skeleton or even dead in a short time. You're old, dude. Find someone your age who won't leave you for someone with a future.

Yes actually I'm considering having kids before I hit 40, it was a consideration in dating a younger woman but I'm giving it 3 to 4 years before even considering marriage. So far it's been going well be we've only been dating for 4 months so we'll see.

That's a good point, I've had a lot more experiences than her, mainly bad ones but the good thing about that is I can give her advice but not try to restrict what she can do. She's getting ready for college, and wants to go into nursing. I'm a pilot which presents two different worlds of experiences compared to what she will experience.

American are like MUH 18!!!! But then they fap on reddit to girls that just turned 18 on gonewild
I would say OP should just keep going, he seems to have not experienced a lot of relationships, so a little variety doesn’t hurt

Very true, young women are more fertile and the chances of them having issues are far less.

But we all know that user isn't dating her for reproductive reasons, he's dating her because mentally he is a child and dating anybody older would highlight how mentally stunted and immature he is.

I'm all for dating younger women, but an 18 year old is nowhere near developed mentally and will change so much over the next seven years. In every single case where I've seen older men date younger women, it has been great until the older guy reaches 40, at which point the woman is financially independent, still very young, and wants to enjoy some younger, now relatively successful guy with a hotter body who people don't comment on.

They choose older guys because the average 18 year old man is immature. Obviously this doesn't last for long and by that time, her current older partner is looking older and is now in a different stage of life.

Regardless of how Jow Forums tries to convince themselves that the average young girl wants to fuck older men, it's only true while they can get something. Most people, especially when they fully mature, want people their own age.

OP - your family are being very judgmental about your situation but it is for a genuine reason. The only thing you can do is try and involve her as much as possible to show you're serious about her and ignore the comment. If she's not your average basic 18 year old she might convince them she's good for you.

>he's dating her because mentally he is a child and dating anybody older would highlight how mentally stunted and immature he is.
fucking lmao

You have to be 18 to post here, kiddo.

Found the jealous bitter virgin teenager.

If you're 34 and are consistently attracted to teenagers then there is something wrong with you. Either you're a mental child who can't or won't get with a mature adult your age or you're a kind of predator who enjoys women who can be easily manipulated. You two are at completely different developmental stages in your life. Without knowing anything about you I'd definitely just assume there was something wrong with you. Additionally, if you showed up to my house to pick up my 18 year old daughter for a date I'd break your knees.

Because only someone under 18 would mention the obvious fact her growing up and realizing she wants to be with someone who won't die 20 years before she does is a possibility?

Cool story bro.

>Half your age plus 7 my dude,
Applies to underage dude.

creep shit, dude. in the end you can do what you want but being regarded as a total creep is just the price of dating an 18 year old.

Actually, because it's the minimum age, no. The minimum age for an 8 year old is 11, so they can't date the 2 year old.

In reality it actually works out from 14 onwards.

please just stop caring.

do you make each other happy?
thats all that matters

Happiness is all that matters? What are you 12?

Attached: 1484285909713.gif (414x382, 3.07M)

Because only someone under 18 would think 34 is old and wrinkly and gray haired.

it's probably what OPs 18 year old girlfriend will say to him.

He's talking about in the future you fucking imbecile.

He said "in a short time" you underaged imbecile.

Fuck them user.
We live in a world where average and below average men struggle to get laid in their teens and twenties.

There's nothing wrong in making up for lost time.

Yep, do what you want user.

I've been in two relationships with an age gap. Telling friends and family is always.. well... something...

Most people are wired and not open minded.

Good for you OP, don't worry about all these jealous haters.

it's fine, stop giving a fuck, if you are happy, you are happy, who gives a shit about what others think, its your life.

>He said "in a short time" you underaged imbecile.
Holy shit. Yes, short for her, not for him. She's going to age a few years and still be a young woman while he's going to be an older man. Also, any period of time forward is in the future you fucking blockhead. Use your head, kid.

When she is 40, meaning way past having children, he will be 56. Most likely still no gray hair or wrinkles. Why are you underageds always so negative and dumb?

>Calling people underaged while not understanding the concept of time

Attached: 1482980190961.gif (490x275, 2.27M)

All men are ephebophilies. Genetics is a bitch.

Tell them to stay jelly. She isn't going to become a wholly different person at 20 or 25 or even 30. Women mature quicker than men it's just the nature of fucking nature.

>She isn't going to become a wholly different person at 20 or 25 or even 30
A teenager isn't going to become a different person at 25 or 30? Have you ever met a teenager who became an adult before? How old are you? What life experience are you basing this off of?

She's gonna grow up and you're done your growing up (or should be; you're on to learning as you go by now).

Do what you want but don't be shocked when this backfires.

Honestly user if you like her then don't let anyone's opinion get to you. I'm in the same boat as you to a certain extent, i'm 19 1/2 dating a girl that's almost 16, i was fat and depressed in high school and never experienced dating someone inexperienced. I didn't want to date anyone else my age because they're all mostly either thot's that got the daylight's fucked out of them late in high school or uninteresting females. Carry on user, you're doing just fine.

I was born in 1989. People don't change, high school lasts forever.
Good luck with your life anonymous but ironically you're the naive one.

Why constantly create larp threads like this when you could actually try talking to women instead?

knee-jerk response:
nah fuck that OP do what you want

rational response:
nah fuck that OP do what you want

unless you're a famous person it doesn't matter. we're all gonna die and be forgotten one day anyway just do it.

OP this world doesn't care about us.

it doesnt CARE. we could be .2 cm away from winning a gold medal, have just lost our mother to cancer, had just gotten over all sorts of mental abuse and it wil STILL make us suffer.

be a selfish cunt goddamit. you only live once.

im 26 and theres lots of hot 18 year old guys at my job i'd bang if they asked i dont give a fuck.

>>let me apply it in a way that was obviously never intended

As opposed to your shitty way of applying it that it's straight out astrology-tier borderline retarded? Go fuck yourself, you mongoloid.

You should marry her. Dont let her on the cock carousel

Is she a virgin OP?

>Mostly the women in my life have an issue with it
Yes, ingroup rivalry is stronger in women, that's why they see her as competition. If you can have a younger women. Why shouldn't their husbands? Letting men pick up younger and more fertile women leaves women which whored aound til 30 alone and desperate for sperm. For the same reason most matue women will tell younger ones to dress more modest.

lmao
he's fucking a 18 year old and you're not
you're the creep

everyone is jealous of you
even the girls

>woman at 18
>virgin
Good one.

>the intended use case is now "retarded"
That's like saying it's retarded to drive cars on the road.

How did you meet her OP?

I'm 31 and want this.

If they think you're a ""pedo"" because of some arbitrary rule that makes absolutely no logical sense, then screw them.

Anyone who wants to say some dumb shit about people dating people who are "half their age" listen up.
They are at the legal age to decide whether or not they want to have sex.
They are not raping them, they are not taking advantage of them.
If a genius can date a dullard who lived a boring, sheltered life not learning too much, then OP can date an 18 year old.

Its either pedo or its not. Also, if they think its pedo its a little too goddamn late isn't it?

God, I hate this half-your-age argument so fucking much.
When people try to call things creepy just because they can. Do they even realize what they're fucking perpetuating when they say shit like that?

Attached: rage red.png (300x309, 13K)

>be 24yo incel loser
>decide its time i improve myself im tired of see my life wasting away
>go to college, hit the gym, get a job, save for plastic surgery
>took me 10 years but i finally got to be a fine man with a stable, high paying job, nice body, decent face, decide i wanna hit the dating scene again
>find a very nice girl, she is preety, smart, really likes me, loves spending time with me
>later find out she happens to be 18. a little young, but not so bad. she is cool and a consenting adult
>get ostracized everywhere and taken for a pedo

wew

>he's dating her because mentally he is a child and dating anybody older would highlight how mentally stunted and immature he is
These women didn't take care of themselves over the years, I worked hard to get where I am today, what's wrong with not wanting used goods when I haven't been used myself? Maintained looking young, and built wealth for myself, just getting the pay off now.

I'm a well off creep than and I don't look like a creep so it kinda balances out.

Well there was a 11 year difference between my mom and dad, they did eventually get divorced but for other reasons mainly him going to prison. They were together for 32 years I say it can work if you put the work in.

She is the sister of one of the flight attendants I work with, talked to her through FB originally. It helps that I don't look my age people mistake me for 25 all the time, guess staying in shape helps with that and building up wealth will definitely help I think chicks would rather have a wealthy older attractive man than a broke young attractive guy.

Kinda my case... but I wasn't a "INCEL" I mean I fucked throughout my 20s but did I sleep with lots of women? No. I mainly slept with girls from other countries, and what not I couldn't really attract a 8+ chick that was white plenty of Asians were easy. I joined the military at 20 to help me become a pilot and got out at 28, got my bachelors while in which took forever and started working on getting flight hours to work for an Airline. It took a while and a lot of bullshit to go through but made it in the end.

>get ostracized everywhere and taken for a pedo
The funny thing is yeah, I was already being questioned constantly by my family and friends as to why I didn't have a gf for several years. Finally get one and their not very happy about it. She's least an 8 in most people's eyes, in good shape to.

They're right, it is borderline pedo. The human brain is still developing important structures- having to do with personality, planning ahead, decision making, etc - well into your mid 20s. You specifically looking for 25+ is no coincidence,you're literally targeting kids with underdeveloped brains that don't have the same cognitive development or capacity that you should have as a 33 year old. An 18 year old is still a developing kid as far as the brain goes, you targeting them is like someone targeting retards because they're an easy target that doesn't know any better. You should be ashamed and disgusted with yourself, but you're probably too developmentally challenged yourself to realize it

>arbitrary rule that makes no sense.
No, it makes sense, and if anything should be more restrictive. The human brain isn't fully developed until around 25.

There's plenty of older women who work hard and still look great at an older age. Youre probably just not as attractive as you think, and not good enough to pull decent women your own age. You're a failure in your own league, so you instead choose to prey on those who are still developing and don't have the same cognitive capacity as a full grown adult. You're a sick deluded fuck who will blame everyone but himself for his own failings

If I'm developmentally challenged than I've done pretty well despite that. This girl doesn't act 18, she is very introverted doesn't like to party and shit but is very active and I can actually have discussions with her. I wasn't targeting all young women, good bit of them I wouldn't date, now fuck in general is a different but I want someone young for various reasons mainly because what was being offered to me around my age group wasn't appealing. To many are divorcees, overweight, and probably wouldn't give me the full experience a girl with no kids and is in shape would give me.

The women that took care of themselves around my age are still married and probably will stay that way for a while, divorcees seem to let themselves go.

No there isn't user, I tried a good few talking to women around my age in my 30s, I wasn't happy with what was out there. The ones I found attractive in all aspects were married.

Attached: 1521135829628.jpg (500x400, 51K)

>You should be ashamed and disgusted with yourself, but you're probably too developmentally challenged yourself to realize

this is your brain on 21st century feminist propaganda

And your post is 100% an off topic troll attempt

Lmao why do you care.

You got prime time pussy, enjoy it while you can.

>And your post is 100% an off topic troll attempt
Not even.

>borderline pedo
No such thing
>they're children
Children can't own guns and enlist in the army
>There's plenty of older women who work hard and still look great at an older age
Lmao no and if there are they're married and nobody likes a cheater

Biological peak for women is 18-23
Stay toasty

men get jelly, women get flustered because youth is their coin

a true friend may comment and banter on it but let you be in the end, I think your real problem may be in the family side but you can manage it

Praying on girls that are still mentally and physically growing is not the answer. You can try to justify it will all the excuses you want, but the fact is these girls you're dating are still developing and not adults themselves. They don't have the same physical structures in their brain as you do, you have an advantage over them by default of your age. They don't have the capacity to reason why dating an old guy is a bad idea, physical structures in the brain are not fully developed. And frankly sane people who are 25+ usually get annoyed by people under 25 for this exact reason.

Why would anyone ever date a girl over 25 regardless of how old they are lmao, if you wouldn't buy spoiled milk then why would you date an old hag

Why dont youjust not give a fuck what they think? Its your life.

OP. When I was 18 I dated a 30 year old guy.
I was a very introverted girl, head on my shoulders, had to go through a lot (not "abusive daddy", more in the "I had cancer as a child" spectrum of life), much more mature than my peers, really great family. I am pretty smart. Back then I was the best of my class, had an amazing scholarship, on my way to medical school, doing ballet semi professionally.

I loved being with him because he was a lot like me mentally and we had a lot of fun together. I was better developed than my peers, I had a lot more life experience and I didn't fit with them because to me they were so inexperienced and fucking dumb compared to me. He made me feel adult and I made him feel young.

I still would never advise any girl that young to date a man that old, tho. Because despite how much I loved dating him, it fucked me over so much.
We weren't in the same stage in life. I was about to go to college, starting my own life, just about to make my first decisions on my own. And despite the fact that he never did anything to force me, he influenced me heavily. And he shouldn't have, a guy my age wouldn't have, because we would have been in the same place in life. He wouldn't have had any "power " on me to influence my decision, he wouldn't have known better.
Also with an age difference that big you're not giving her a chance to live her youth because you're not young anymore. And you can't be young when you're 34, even if you want to so much.
It sucks that you never got to live your teen love, but you're not having your teen love now. You're fucking a 18 year old when you're 34.

Make your choices, do what you want, I know this post is not going to make you change your mind. I don't think you're a pedo, but I think you're praying on her. It's unfair to her and it's good that women in your life are trying to push you away from her.

Hmm, how did you meet that girl?

If you are both fine with YOUR relationship, who are we to pass judgement?
Enjoy it while it lasts my friend.

But that's the thing man, there's a pretty big gap between 18 and 30+ - at least 12 years worth of it, in fact.

No one is saying that you have to date a woman who is [(Your Age) - 1], but it would be a lot less disturbing to people if you were dating a girl/woman who at least has some kind of an idea about a career or the kind of life she wants to lead that isn't being influenced by a man 16 years her senior.

It's not the number that people are upset about, it's what that number represents. At 18, she hasn't:

A. Gone to college
B. Started any kind of career
C. Lived on her own and learned about the world on her own

Just imagine yourself at 18 vs yourself at 34 - just how different are you now from back then? You're not anywhere close to being equals on any level and it's very hard to imagine any real reason why you're with her other than the fact than to dominate and enjoy a virginal barely-legal high school student.

I mean, she's technically an adult and consenting so that's fine but there are many things which are "technically" OK that are still very questionable.

For example, if you dated someone who was like... 24 then people would probably just shrug it off. Sure, she's still 10 years younger than you but she's had a job for a few years at least and probably has a car and has had to deal with life as an adult on her own for a little while. She's had time to form her own opinions based on her own experiences with friends, family, coworkers, etc.

See reply to

This is actually a fantastic reply, but I can completely understand the negative response all the sensible replies are getting.

Think about it...

This website is full of people just like OP, who for whatever reason missed out on normal teenage experiences. They convince themselves that this was due to their lack of confidence, parents, appearance or focusing on their career, or some other reason and have this vague hope that they can do what OP has done. Fuck an 18 year old girl who is easily impressed, probably a bit naive and has absolutely nothing to compare him to, and make up for lost time.

If all the experienced people on this site are suggesting it's a bad idea to date somebody that young, of course they're going to get defensive. It's their only plan to finally catch up and achieve what everybody else has done with very little effort. If they're told that it isn't likely to work out due to the very sensible reasons given in this thread, you're taking away that last chance to be normal. Without finding an inexperienced and easily led young partner who has the same naive, inexperienced mentality as they do, they're just going to end up miserable and alone in their thirties.

Shouldn't care what society thinks or what people his age thinks. From how it sounds they didn't give him any thought back than, why should he accept them now when they didn't accept him back than?

Good for you, OP.

I'm 30 and I'd love a chance to do what you're doing. It's not like she's your slave. She can break up with you any time. Have fun and don't let these women here make you feel bad. Adv is full of women.

I dated a 16 year old shortly when I was 22 and broke up because I thought she was 18. Years later I dated her again when she was 20.

31 and fwb with a 19 y/o from uni. keep up the good work lad :~)

Hey user. I'm in a similar boat right now that you were in. Care to tell me what happened in the end between you and your ex?

We're just saying most of us have been there and done that and that we know exactly one flavour of person-- one-- that dates, and justifies dating teens. They're not flattering and not many people want them around
It's because they act, think and speak like teens, full of errant passion and misguided energy and fervor for things that don't produce what we would call 'gainful yields'

Further to the problem is if I suggested to OP that he wants a sexually compatible partner who shares some interests and holds some of their own, a partner who inspires him to grow and learn just as he's inspired to appreciate himself and the smaller things in life, a partner who sees him through his worst but does not coddle it, a partner who pushes him to his best but never takes credit for it...

I'm not sure he'd say "well no I don't want that" and I'm especially not sure why he'd figure to find that in a teen.

We started arguing more and more because we wanted different things. I gave up on some life changing opportunities because he thought it'd benefit us as a couple and I didn't want to let him down, I ended up resenting him and it ended up being a poor choice for me. My 20s should have been about growing up as an individual, but instead he made them about growing with him as a couple because he already grew up as an individual and was where he wanted to be. He didn't give me space to do my thing, make my mistake, experience my stuff.
At the end my parents talked some sense in me and told me I was wasting my late teens being in a relationship with a grown man. To help him have his youth back, I was wasting mine.
They never forbid me to see him or anything, they just suggested to break up when I was clearly unhappy but kept fighting for him. It was my first "serious" relationship, too, so it meant a lot to me.

Don't take any mind to what they think. It's your relationship with her. I'm 25 and would date an 18 year old if we were compatible, but I don't believe there is any 18 year old that is mature enough or smart enough to date. Could be wrong. how long have you two been dating?