Windows?

basically the equivalent of writing "i can turn a computer on"

>kickin'
Really?

>physics bachelors to some monkey engineer
>gpa below 3.75
>doesnt even know how to use windows operating system
>studying in one shithole to move to another
Senpai I think the layout is pretty slick and I might take bits and pieces of it but I would not want to be in your shoes. Good luck on where ever you are headed though you will be fine

Attached: 1523467498303.jpg (1010x897, 68K)

>kickin'
into the trash it goes

>boasting about speed of developing
just says to me you've only worked on smaller projects or didn't give a fuck about reliability

>created a framework
why did you waste time on that, aren't there plenty of frameworks out there you could've used?

What are Bigtable and Colossus? Your stint at google is worthless unless you explain what you did. Every work experience line needs to show how you added value to the company.

Lots of little things wrong with this.
Take your GPA out of your education. Cum Laude is already good enough and a 3.5 only detracts from the Cum Laude as it allows you to be easily compared with people with higher grades
You worked at google for 8 but you only have a blurb of what you did there.
You need to have more information about what your responsibilities were and what you actually did while at the company.
How much money were you responsible for and quantify all the of the equipment to show exactly what you worked on.
You also need certifications in your education block.
>a team
How many were in your team?
>wrote a C program to solve
Created a program in C that solved

Overall your CV is pretty bad from a work experience point of view.
There isn't any directly stated scale which is important for a CV.
It's extremely vague on the cause and effect relation of what you did and the effect of what you did.

Your resume writing skills is apparently good enough for MS, Shaw, and Google.

Why the fuck are you asking people who probably don't even know what D. E. Shaw is for advice again?

It doesnt really come alive, keep in mind that at these big companies the resumes get read by a computer AND usually an HR person, WHO is not familiar with the technical nature of the job and they are often females.

You need to hit the keywords, and then write about it in a way any person would say, "wow this guys probably helpful".

e.g.
>systems intern, instead of"designed and created a wiki.... in three weeks"

Say (if true)
>After soliciting feedback from team members on what would make their job easier, i determined documentation for existing processes was lacking so i created a wiki that increased collaboration across the organization and filled knowledge gaps.

trash

/thread

Education should go at the end once you've got a good bit of experience. Detail what you did more.

/gd/ is way better for this. They have a CV thread up most of the time.

>All this negative feedback

Good lord I hope my CV never gets found on this site.

>he went to IIT
Couldn’t manage Urbana, eh?

As far as the formatting goes, this is pretty low-tier. You have excessive whitespace in a lot of places, which means you are missing a lot of opportunities to communicate information. The amount of space between bullets is like 2-3x what it should be.
I’d organize my skills by types and relevance rather than pure alphabetical (i.e., MySQL and PostgreSQL should be side by side).
I also see you’ve got a project in there from when you were in high school, over 10 years ago. It’s probably not relevant unless you were published.
Your Google work should be a lot more prominent, since it’s the lion’s share of your actual career.

Lol, oh god. Would not hire you. I get so many resumes like this.

>claims to know LaTeX
>has a resume formatted like this
I mean, I get that you know the language, but my god you know nothing about document design, do you?

You need to highlight as much as possible what you've actually done. You have a single bulletpoint 8 years at google. What the fuck? A copy of your job description is better than nothing but you should be firing off years worth of bullets on projects and day to day responsibilities.

This. The CV is entirely focused on shit from the ancient past. I’m guessing this is what OP used to land the Google job and simply never updated it.

We are using the same latex template user.