25+ Thread

30+ Edition

For the slightly older and more desperate user.

Attached: 30+.jpg (628x363, 45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/NoStupidQuestions/comments/3nna7p/how_do_i_act_more_like_an_adult/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Can you explain this geek subculture thing and why a bunch of people are gonna off themselves?

It's just a theory but if you're still here I'll tell you.

BUmo.

Reposting because I didn't realize the other thread was dead.

I'm 27 and my mom is still pestering me about grandkids. I don't really have any interests in relationships at all (which, honestly, I'm worried about. I should have been interested in dating by now, right?) and my older bro has a girlfriend he lives with but it doesn't seem to deflect it. I've already told her I'm not interested multiple times and it seems like a bad idea to have a kid just to, well, have a kid to please someone, but am I being a shitty son about this?

Attached: fine-jeez-3993_preview.jpg (256x256, 14K)

Hi there, 41-year-old lawyer here.

Children are a huge responsibility. What's selfish is bringing someone into the world when you're not totally prepared to care for them. Trust me, I handle termination-of-parental-rights cases.

Tell your mother you got a vasectomy (doesn't have to be true) and that's the end of the story. She has no right to dictate your life to you like that, and in fact, having kids for someone else's benefit is a horrible idea. She has a right to live her life, she does not have a right to live yours, and if she can't handle that, SHE is the shitty person.

>lawyer
>suggests being dishonest
Wait, the stereotypes about ya'll are true?

Why is this board full of people complaining about how worthless they are without a girlfriend? I'm 27 and single. Sure, I'd like to be in a committed relationship, but there are hardly any women around me I'd be interested in. Only twice in ten years have I desired someone enough to ask her out, one went out with me for a couple months and the other turned me down right away. I feel okay about it. I've seen enough people screw themselves over through bad relationships that I'm not in any rush to lower my standards, and my self worth comes from other things than my relationship status. Is that unusual? Why would it be? It just seems like common sense.

Could be worse. I've got 5 nephews between my two siblings and I'm just over here being single for the past 5 years at 31. My mom bugs me all the time. Frankly it doesn't bother me.
This is shit advice too

All stereotypes are true if you sift through enough representatives of a demographic until you find a match.

I’m here.
Also curious about what you call the “monoculture” (if you were the same poster)

I hope you're not the lawyer retard because that's seriously the weakest argument ever...

It's almost 4am here but I'll post a little on the monoculture thing and post a slightly longer one on what I was talking about in my original post when I wake up.

But basically to me, it feels like to me, thanks to the internet and (ease of) social media all the subcultures and niches that used to exist have all sort of merged into one big monoculture that encompasses everything. Emos, goths, geeks, etc are no longer their own thing.

I'll post more when I wake up.

any advice for a suicidal 20-year-old?

For a KHV like myself (26) I often feel like I've missed out on something in life. I've been on 3 dates in my life, 2 of which were in March.

Getting a girlfriend is external validation (humans are social creatures programmed to respond to this). It's really easy to make friends, hell, most people are at least polite in general -- but an exclusive relationship means that someone on this rock wants to spend their time with you more than anyone else in the world. That's great.

Getting a GF is not something magical that makes all the bad feels in your life go away but it does prove someone actually gives a shit about you in a not 'lying just to be polite' sort of way.

>It's really easy to make friends
WELP time to get the rope!

Im 26 and "retired" from cryptocurrency. Its been almost a year since quitting my last job, and I have no sense of purpose anymore. Most people accept life really is pointless on some level, but they want to distract themselves and be happy for a while because they arent ready to die. Theres nothing wrong with that, just not sure its for me. I cant think of a long-term distraction I would enjoy, I dont want to get older. Its hard to tell other people this kind of stuff because it sounds like edgy kid nonsense, and its frustrating that nowadays I cant be more candid on a website ive browsed for a decade.

life kinda sucks but there's some good moments, pls don't kill yourself
I found 20 to be one of the worst ages to be, your life has gone from comfy to being expected to wageslave in the last few years, but at 20 it's hard getting a high paying or enjoyable job

Like I said, I can see the appeal, and I definitely keep my eyes open for mature women who are like me--have their shit together and know what they're aiming for in life. But I do have close friends who do give a shit about me. Sure, it would be nice to have a kindred spirit I could also have sex with. But my closest friends, whether the guys my age who regularly seek my advice in life or the church grannies who treat me as their own son and load me up with food every weekend, mean so much to me. I'm still working on molding myself into the man I want to be, but that doesn't mean I'm plagued with self-loathing.

I'll be 28 soon and I have no idea how to fix my life. I have a degree, a stable career, and own a home, so my life looks alright from the outside, but it pretty much ends there. I haven't had any friends since I was in school. I've never known love or intimacy. I feel like I have no agency in my life. Every big choice I've ever made, I did what was expected or logical. I feel like I haven't actually done anything of my own accord. I'm saving money but not for any particular reason or purpose. And this loneliness hurts so much... I'm stressed out and tired all the time. I've tried changing my diet, being more active, etc, but I can't lose weight. Sometime I wonder if I am really a person in the same way everyone else is, or if I am something less. I have no idea how to change any of it, if it should be changed, or even if it can be changed.

i had this thing where i wanted to go out quietly, and that no one would care because i really wasn't important to them anyway. so i wanted to dial down all my friendships, talk to people less and less, and then do myself in one day. but the fact is, they do care, and i knew it deep down inside, so i forestalled things by visiting friends i'd fallen out of contact with and bringing myself back into their lives. it helped.

also don't look into methods. just don't, it's not healthy.

So start choosing to do things you haven't done before. Take vacations and roadtrips, go to events in your city. Meet people, they don't have to be friends yet, but get yourself out there.

>I feel like I have no agency in my life. Every big choice I've ever made, I did what was expected or logical. I feel like I haven't actually done anything of my own accord. I'm saving money but not for any particular reason or purpose.

this may be a dumb theory, but I think intelligent, logical people could be transplanted into any society and reach the same level of status they had before if it didnt require extreme luck to get there. Crazy risks are mitigated by the person managing the risk, and it has worked out well for others with your description.

>And this loneliness hurts so much...
iktf

> I'm stressed out and tired all the time. I've tried changing my diet, being more active, etc, but I can't lose weight. Sometime I wonder if I am really a person in the same way everyone else is, or if I am something less. I have no idea how to change any of it, if it should be changed, or even if it can be changed.

Isnt that a symptom of feeling a lack of direction in life? When I had purpose and something I really wanted, those things all fell into place. even the weight issue which was a side goal. Heck, gaming addicts get really skinny through intermittent fasting because they cant bear to be away from gaming for more than 1 meal/day. phentermine and stimulants helps this area too if youre a junkie.

Soon to be 28 here.
That feel when I'm possibly doomed to a life of scraping by with minimum wage.
I'm a turdworlder that just recently migrated to a first world country, and I dropped everything back home to take a risk of a better life in the west. This includes my bachelor's degree; I only needed 6 units of credit to finish it but I didn't because the visa couldn't be extended and i had to leave then and there.
So here I am, just recently found out that my education is worth jack shit here, and you don't even get a clean slate. I would gladly go through highschool again and start all over but they won't let me. I tried applying as an adult student but they say i don't meet their admission requirements. Should I just save money (currently employed), finish the degree I left, then come back?
I'm thinking of doing a trade as a last resort, but I really want to get into a university. Any suggestions what I should do?
Also I have no connections, no friends, and no family here.

thanks for sharing some perspective of what its like to want to go out completely quiet.

>just go talk to her bro.

easier said, but how do you do it? do you organize online first? do you start meeting strangers when youre there? driving home from a concert you attended yourself while meeting no new potential friends seems depressing.

>Should I just save money (currently employed), finish the degree I left, then come back?
That might be a good idea. If there's any way to transfer your credits internationally that would work too.

I'll definitely complete it, just a matter of when
As for transferring credits i don't know desu. I'm afraid I won't make the cut or something. Back home I got into the best uni and in the program of my choice, microbiology, but i wasted time playing vidya, getting drunk, and partying at times - I wasn't the best student.

Find a community center and look at the schedule for an interesting event or two. Then just show up. Hang out near the back if you want, but don't avoid people. Ask whoever's nearby a couple of questions. If a conversation doesn't start naturally, try again with someone else. If the first event is a dud, try another one somewhere else.

Ask people about themselves. Honestly listen to what they have to say. Let them do most of the talking, but make sure you provide something of value to the conversation too—there's a giving and a taking component to interaction.

Yeah well better sooner than later. For two reasons: it gets harder to get back into the school groove later, and the income you're missing out on gets multiplied every year you wait.

6 credits is so close that you really have no excuse. You don't have to be a genius or a super motivated worker to pass 6 credits.

I'm 28. I met this girl a few months ago. She has a boyfriend who she hates but he pays for everything.
At first we were all over eachother but since then we've kind of backed off.
She's planning to leave her boyfriend but she wants to buy a house, so her reasoning is that she's gonna stay with him for the next 6 months until she has a decent amount of money saved up and she can leave.
Thing is, she's been with this guy for 5 years and she's said she was going to break up with him multiple times before and she didn't.
I think I'm wasting my time hanging around her, but I really like her and I honestly think we could have a future together. I just feel like an idiot sometimes and if I sink a bunch of time into this for nothing I'll feel like a real dipshit.
Thank you for reading my blog.

>Thing is, she's been with this guy for 5 years and she's said she was going to break up with him multiple times before and she didn't.
Sounds like you know the answer already.

If she'll cheat for you, she'll "cheat" for him

I'm the same age, bud. We both know that women our age are fucking always taken for. Fucking women. Never single for a week since 15.

But mate, you can't do it. You think you're on a fucking elevator "Next floor: Your Girlfriend"
Nah

She cheat for you, she cheat for the next guy too

Be her friend, make subtle moves and don't be to keen on anyone else but don't shut yourself off from the world, keep persisting with her but also keep up with your own life. When she sees your relationship bond as stronger than with his, she'll slowly come to your side. That's when you pounce.

This is not necessarily true. Lots of people find their life partners/happiness while in dead relationships, no one outside the threesome really gets it.

Lots do, but the odds are against you. Better not to take that chance. Plus cheaters are scum, and you don't want to be scum, do you?

Aye, ok
Maybe you're right.
She will be loyal after her cock carousel

She will be become so ugly when she loves you that she won't ever want to judge how outsiders want her.
Because of course, women don't care how they appear

I'm 29, and married to the most perfect man I've ever met. I was a depressed degenerate up until I was like 27.

Two things:

Change your habits. Regardless of if you realize it or not, things you are doing are adding to your shitty overall feeling. Get up and move, eat something naturally green. Surround yourself with people doing well in ways you would like to replicate. If you're a shut in, read positive literature, it can be self help books or just some uplifting fiction.

Don't give up. I know that everything I just said is so much easier said than done. It is so so so hard to get up when the bell jar is about to drop. Caring for your body when you dont care when you live or die doesnt even make sense. But it will yall. Controlling your body helps you build control over your mind. Taking care of your body just feels good and will affect your mood in ways you dont even realize yet. Things just get better. I dont even mean physical looks, just brain and gut health. Our animalistic bodies crave action. Just keep trying, and if/when you fail, deal with it. Learn and keep moving. You can change. You can do it. It will be worth it.

If I leave so soon I'm afraid won't be able to come back. I think its best to wait until I become a citizen or permanent resident or some shit just to be safe

For

Citizenship will take years. Not sure how long it takes to get residency. So look into transferring credits then. But you need to finish that degree ASAP.

I'm just past 35, I have a job that I seems to be working out so far, full custody of my kids, and I'm taking college classes to get my degree which will take like 6 more years. By the way, any young anons reading this, stay in school

My problem is that I really just want to be a creative person/artist/thinker. I'm taking singing lesson and have a small amount of musical talent. But I feel like I'm kinda over the hill, and that I don't quite have the cajones to just go balls to the wall with this thing. I've been told as much in the past, which just made me doubt myself more. I don't understand how artists just put all their stuff out there thinking it's awesome. Everything I write sucks, or at least 99.999% of it does. Why would I put that out there?

Anyway, I'm sure I need to set aside time to do this stuff, if it's important to me. Maybe I'm just venting. idk

Attached: 1519659795720.jpg (898x820, 118K)

sometimes I also wonder how I even got this far. How can a person with no direction or social connections have a stable career and home? I don't even know how it happened.

in my mind every time I think of a place I want to see or something like that I immediately think "I don't have a reason to go there or do that" as if it were some compulsion telling me I can't do things without a reason. The thought of taking unpaid leave or a long break between jobs just doesn't register. I know people do those things all the time, but I can't imagine myself doing without a reason, and I don't have a reason.

not that user but I've tried getting into hobbies, only to have communities around those hobbies totally dry up and vanish.

is 29 too late to change career?

I mean like a major change. Right now i teach languages. Honestly there isn't much to it and I'd rather a job i can really sink my teeth into (i thought about the shipping industry) but it seems impossible to get into unless i started at like 18.

I don't really have much relevent experience either. 18-23 i was in the army as a rifleman, later intel. 23~27 i earned my masters, and started teaching about a year and a bit ago and im just really not into it.

It isn't too late. Having a masters opens a lot of doors, and a year's experience in a respected but not relevant field lends more credibility than no experience.

You don't need a reason to check out new things. Wanting to see it is enough.

Hobby communities dry up for everybody. What do you think other people do when that happens? We find another community to fulfill ourselves.

I'm on a similar path but completely inversed. In periodical bursts I let people know how I really think. The raw, unfiltered, hate filled opinion. Very few can tolerate it.

Attached: 1525228201192.jpg (538x670, 78K)

You can get a job in logistics

I don't have a bad situation compared to most here but here goes.

>27 currently
>Went to 1 year community college at 19 to get general ed courses finished and think about what I wanted as a career
>Ended up taking 4 whole years off doing nothing and some part time jobs before parents forced me to finish college because they said its the only way up in life
>Get a degree in political science and pre-law, get told by everyone online that I was tricked into a meme liberal arts degree without much job application
>Decide I dont want to risk diving into law school because the concept of being a lawyer isnt actually glamourous
>Now being told by almost everyone (besides parents) to join the Air Force as an officer due to the degree so I can get tons of real world experience, discipline and financial help so I can actually do what I like doing which would be advocacy, lobbying and writing reports

Should I take the dive? It sounds like my only choice to get out of my small town.

Attached: 648746764768.png (358x373, 188K)

I'm awake now.

It'll sound a little Jow Forums but I'm not.

Ok, it's basically an extension of a theory I laid out in another thread which was about lowering standards/homely gfs and an user mentioned
>tfw no nerdy gf
and it occured to me that (and it's a pretty REEEEEEEEE thought) geeky/nerdy girls (who aren't super ugly) are now out of reach since 2008 when the normies flooded into geekdom. 2 reasons why this is:

1.Geeky/Dorky girls are generally into cosplay and cosplay throughout years has improved a lot to the point where facial hygiene, make-up and beauty tips have become part of it, so autist geek girls have learnt how to take care of themselves aesthetically. So we have the ugly duckling situation.

2.The influx of normies into geekdom have lowered your value as a geek. With the internet, wikipedia and youtube...there are no longer any "fake" geeks and all that geek knowledge and "experience" you have has been made redundant. So you're basically in the same playing field in the geek world as you are in the regular world.

My extension to this is that older social outcasts have been locked out of geekdom entirely since it's no longer their niche, i.e. the early/core millennials who didn't get into fandom before the mainstream/monoculture swallowed them up and are now longer a part of anything since other subcultures and niches have been absorbed as well.

So now there's a bunch of socially orphaned "old" losers with no social safety net, no romantic experiences, who may or may not have jobs, without anywhere to belong and with age starting to play against them.

The flipside is that now the coming generations will have fewer social outcasts since literally everything is now catered for.

We got unlucky.

I welcome any replies or retorts to this. God knows I need some interaction.

Attached: 1525012615331.jpg (780x960, 66K)

It’s because society portrays a successful man as one who has had many experiences with women.

You could have an awesome career, be Jow Forums and good looking, and have a lot of money. But if people find out you never have sex they will think “wow he’s so weird” “what’s wrong with him” “loser”

Are you here to ruin the thread?

No, I’m just explaining why this is a common topic

will lonely girls in her 30s be interested in lonely guys, or they just want someone that will fix up their lives?

depends on the girl.
i'm much more cautious with women now. lots of them are looking for surrogate fathers or someone to take care of them. i avoid those.

there are others though, that are looking for companionship. you just gotta be smart about weeding out the low-test girls

>You could have an awesome career, be Jow Forums and good looking, and have a lot of money.
>no romantic experiences.

Do you understand how unlikely that combination is? Do you understand that a man is not an island and that everything has an effect on everything? Nothing exists in isolation.

>Do you understand that a man is not an island and that everything has an effect on everything? Nothing exists in isolation.
Fuck off, Parliament.

>Do you understand how unlikely that combination is?

This is more common than you think. Maybe he has had a romantic experience in the past, but not many

>Maybe he has had a romantic experience in the past, but not many
There's a big difference between zero and one.

not really. A 35 year old man of the same circumstances as mentioned before would still be looked at just the same if he only had 1 romance when he was 26 years old and nothing since.

>This is more common than you think
It's not really.

Many high-payings careers require a decent level of social networking and being Jow Forums and good-looking (which both require upkeep by the way) usually attracts people.

I know a guy at work, he’s 32, very successful, Jow Forums, dresses well, overall just seems like a really solid man. He gets along with everyone, good personality.

One time, our company hosted a night out for everyone. We all went to a bar and had drinks and food. Just a casual night. This guy was talking to a few co-workers and this really really good looking girl came up and started talking to him. I remember seeing him just looking at her and had a shy grin on his face. He didn’t say much and the girl had this confused look and walked off. A few other co-workers saw that and the next day asked him what happened. He was just very quiet and seemed shy about it (which is a complete reversal of his personality). Someone asked him the last time he got laid. He said 9 years. EVERYONE gasped. Which I could see clearly bothered him. He explained he focused his entire twenties on building himself up. Getting in shape and taking care of his studies and career. People still give him shit about this now. Basically he’s an autist with women

>I know a guy
Cool, but he's one of the few like that.

>EVERYONE gasped.
Know why? Cos it *is* surprising. They didn't know, they assumed he's get laid, at least every now and again. Because he is the exception.

>which is a complete reversal of his personality
I'm almost certain that you've only seen this guy with dudes.

>Cool, but he's one of the few like that.

There are plenty more. Think about it, imagine a guy who’s Jow Forums, successful, and good looking BUT an introvert. How’s he suppose to meet women if he likes staying at home? Just because someone has their life together doesn’t mean they are automatically outgoing and meeting all sorts of people.

>I'm almost certain that you've only seen this guy with dudes

No, we have female co-workers and they all get along

having a degree, even a meme degree, is better than not having one. but if it's not a sure career you'll need to put in some work to use it to pivot into a real career.

i wouldn't do law school either. too expensive and there's kind of a glut of law school grads right now.

air force is one of those ways to pivot from a meme degree. just remember it isn't effortless. you'll no longer be free. most people i know who joined the military got disillusioned pretty quickly and couldn't wait to get out. that said if you can stick with it the benefits like health care and the gi bill are great.

>Think about it, imagine a guy who’s Jow Forums, successful, and good looking BUT an introvert.

I am thinking about it but being Jow Forums, successful and good-looking require *some* level of extroversion and motivation, especially careers. Maybe he wasn't always good-looking, Jow Forums and loaded the entire time till he got his dream job and decided to work on himself.

I'm not denying that there some people who have everything and still fall short on the relationship front but your friend is an exception (and that's if he was good-looking, Jow Forums and loaded before).

>but being Jow Forums, successful and good-looking require *some* level of extroversion and motivation, especially careers.

That’s not true. Just because someone is an introvert doesn’t mean that they are scared to speak with other humans. He’s professional and takes his job seriously. He was quiet when he first started working here. But after a bit he warmed up and opened a bit with his co-workers since he seems them at work everyday. But when he’s off, he stays to himself. He goes to the gym, and takes his dog out hiking on trails. He doesn’t go to bars and clubs. He doesn’t like those places. And, him being at 32, those are the only places you can meet women at his age

I'm almost like him, so I can relate. 32, PhD, good-looking, sociable, some good careers options. The last relationship - when i was 19, not single dating since then. It's just I though it's better to invest into my future, work my ass off hard. And right now I have plenty of free time and money to do anything, but I just don't know what to do besides working, which started to bore me. I'm not shy with girls, I'm just indifferent and sometimes callous and I see no way to change that. There's indeed a right time for every thing in life.

But it doesn't not make him the exception.

What is so wrong with the proposition that being Jow Forums, successful and good-looking typically resulting from social networking, belonging, encouragement or whatever you want to call it?

I mean, fuck, the vast majority of these older anons are neither Jow Forums, successful, good-looking, socially connected or in a stable career or just have one of the preceding.

Is it really too much to take that your early social upbringing can have that much of an impact of the course of your life?

Women are different, not every women can be found in bars or nightclubs, some gather in life drawing classes or theaters. But as I witnessed people like me and the guy you described are actively avoiding possible relationships. I guess if you live alone for years, having no soulmate for one reason or another, no matter how lonely you may feel, it becomes your second nature. And people tend to preserve their status quo, even if it's harmful, especially when they're not teenagers anymore.

>But as I witnessed people like me and the guy you described are actively avoiding possible relationships
DING DING DING

They're paid to win the case for their client, not serve actual truth and justice.

Is it worth trying to go to therapy and go on meds again? I can't really think or explain myself clearly but I've become very hopeless and unmotivated. Afraid to leave my apartment and barely eat, suicidal. I've been to a mental hospital twice but I had bad experiences with doctors and drugs. I'm afraid of going through all of that again and failing. Also afraid of long term effects of drugs. Actively getting a firearm as a hobby and I think I have enough willpower not to use it.

Idk why you guys made a 25+ thread when most of you are still bitching about the same things the 20 year olds are bitching about, "wahh I have no gf" already makes up like half the threads here. This thread is fucking pointless and you guys are still fucked up the same way you were fucked up a decade ago

for me at leas, career networking is not like social networking. I hace a lot of peers I respect and would trust with a professional reference, and would do the same if they asked, but I don't talk about my life or hobbies with them, and they don't talk about their life or hobbies with me

>tfw you traded away your youth and chances at love and happiness for a six figure salary and wish you could go back and choose differently

I'm kind of in the same boat but I'm a legit impostor in my industry who's extremely unmotivated so I know this ride won't last forever.

Yeah but there's no recourse at 30.

the trouble with the industry I'm in is the imposters are usually better at office politics and management can't always tell the difference, so even for people who work hard and consistently meet deadlines worry they get canned. I work with people who literally brag about how lazy they are

>better at office politics
High school exists at that level?

Any of you guys start a real career after age 30? I'm not talking about switching careers, I mean starting from literally nothing, as in I'm 30 and in the same position as most people who just finished high school. I wont go into the details of how this happened, just that I am finally starting to get my life sorted out. All I've really got going for me is that I'm reasonably intelligent and can learn quickly, am somewhat skilled with handyman work, and am willing to work hard.

Attached: workerpepe.jpg (509x499, 43K)

aaayy i'm lost as fuck too

Yes. I became a civil engineer at 37. But I had 7~ 8 years of varied construction experience, 15 years of experience in managing small business, and I had worked as a technician in structural engineering for a few years.

Bump for this.

I completed my bachelors in 2012 and have been working labour since then. (Currently sorting mail at postal plant.) My parents want me to get a white collar office-type job but idk if anyone would hire me for a position like that since i have no financial or customer service experience. Also, add to the mix that my parents are trying to get me married and stuff, just makes things more stressful.

It never ends

>Currently sorting mail at postal plant.

Is that a gubmint job? If I could get one of those I'd keep it, I know a guy who works as a janitor at a hospital (which is pretty much a gubmint job) and I'd be happy with his salary and benefits.

I don't think I would like office work. Honestly I just want to drive a garbage truck or something, I'm not that ambitious at this point, I just want to make enough to live modestly but comfortably.

Your girlfriend is being a terrible person to be dating you while she's with a BF. And you're being a terrible person to be dating her while knowing shes dating somebody else.

What you need to do is stop dating her because she might cheat on you in the future without you knowing. You can't trust her. She cheated on this guy with you. Won't treat you any differently. Tell her boyfriend that she is doing this to expose her so he can get out of that shitty relationship with her and then you leave her. She needs to learn that she can't do this. That there are consequences for doing this.

anons

i've always felt insecure about whether I act as an 'adult' should or not. I worry that because I grew up with only a father that my sense of womenliness especialy has been compromised because I never had a female role model. I'm about to be in my mid twenties and I still feel like this. like I am always the 'different' one or the 'odd' one because of things that I do wrong socially. another reason that may be contributing to people's perception of me not acting how i should is my terrible social anxiety. not only that but i never had discipline growing up. i was a quiet kid so its not like i was going to be wild anyway, but i do wish sometimes that my dad would have been harder on me. he gave me everything and never asked me to work at all. i feel bad even saying that anonymously because i think he did all he could. I am not talking badly about him, I just feel that could be a reason why I am how I am.

im thinking about befriending lots of 'womanly' girls so i can copy their mannersisms for awhile. I don't want to be immature or socially stunted or whatever term it may be that applies to me. I do very much want to change.

to improve i've been trying to look up ways to be positive and have a good attitude at all times, and i've also been looking into ways to be rational rather than emotional when solving day to day problems i feel like that is a good start. I am not sure how many other people feel this way.

I feel this person on reddit is also extremely similar to me:
reddit.com/r/NoStupidQuestions/comments/3nna7p/how_do_i_act_more_like_an_adult/

I can see what you're describing, but it goes both ways. normie girls are also forced into geek subculture and true nerdy girls are also facing competition.

however, not all is lost, we just have to adapt. here's how I play the social game:

- get into a group (if anyone wants, I can describe how this happens)
- wait for a while till I get established and comfortable in the group
- a normie enters. they make attempts to fit in and display geek behaviors, but it shows that they're trying too hard.

eventually, these normie scum will attempt to subtly one-up me or other members of the group, this is just what these faggots do, and i'm counting
on them to do that. like, they'll make this snarling face when I talk about something geeky i'm excited about, expecting me to explain myself.

I used to back off whenever this happened before, but i've discovered that it is far better to actually bully them into place with some "you're in the wrong neighborhood pal" tactics
exactly like they would do. and brother, it ACTUALLY works! in time, other members of the group learn this trick too and use it against new normie faggots.

I've been using this tactic for the last 2 years and it never backfired on me. fuck me if I ever let a normie shit in my neighborhood!

disclaimer: still no gf

>normie girls are also forced into geek subculture and true nerdy girls are also facing competition.
>we just have to adapt

I think you missed the overall arching point of my post, but judging by your post I suspect you are relatively young and you don't get it.

Which is a good thing which means you still have time to become part of society and not become a waste like us.

>I'm about to be in my mid twenties

I'm not sure if I'm qualified to answer this since I'm not a chick and don't have female friends (or any friends for that matter) but I feel that girls are expected to be a little on the passive side, so social anxiety shouldn't be as much of a hindrance.

>I think you missed the overall arching point of my post, but judging by your post I suspect you are relatively young and you don't get it.

son, i'm 35. what i've described is taken from my day to day interactions, mostly at work. and don't get me started on the older women crowd (over 30).
you think us men have it bad? these women are the reason psychologists can make an honest living.

>im thinking about befriending lots of 'womanly' girls so i can copy their mannersisms for awhile. I don't want to be immature or socially stunted or whatever term it may be that applies to me. I do very much want to change.

OK, well you could do that. They used to send girls to finishing schools so they could learn to be ladies. But you know what? Most girls who grow up around brothers or fathers only have an advantage over other girls - because they understand men better. Sounds like you have an OK relationship with your father. So that's even better.

>to improve i've been trying to look up ways to be positive and have a good attitude at all times, and i've also been looking into ways to be rational rather than emotional when solving day to day problems i feel like that is a good start. I am not sure how many other people feel this way.

This is a good idea, but one of the first things you should realize about most women is that they are noted for being emotional. You maybe didn't realize that because you were raised by your father.

It's a good idea to try to be more rational. Just realize that as a woman, you've got hormones and instincts that sort of drive you in the other direction. So don't expect to become Ms. Logical. Guy don't really want Ms. Logical anyway.

>what i've described is taken from my day to day interactions, mostly at work. and don't get me started on the older women crowd (over 30).
you think us men have it bad?
Well, you've concentrated on the wrong part of my post then.

The gist of my post is that there are no longer any "fake" geeks, we older anons are out of the game (unless you've already integrated yourself into a fandom or something).

40 year old children with masters degrees are very common in the white collar workplace

the truth is there is no secret checklist to being an adult, and that most people will feel just as awkward as you do... or at least that's what I tell myself

Jow Forums incarnate

Bump.

>A NEET at 27 years old and now trying to become a trap

I've officially lost control of my life, but at least the diet and exercising's been helping me feel better. I'm not touching HRT though.

>now trying to become a trap
You know, I don't know if anyone on Jow Forums will admit it, but this trap shit is almost entirely Jow Forums's fault to the point where another word was re-purposed for transvestite and in the last 5-6 years has entered mainstream internet lexicon.

She'll cheat on you too eventually once she loses interest. Long term relationships are not effortless/purely natural, humans have to work with eachother to make anything long term last worth a shit. She won't do that.

trying is better than nothing.
The sooner you start the faster you'll be done with it.

I work for an interpretation company and I can't tell you how many foreign doctors and educated people we have on staff. Those credentials very rarely cross over from what I've seen in the US.