Is This Mental Illness?

>firmly believe I am either dead or the only person alive, and that everything around me is specifically crafted by God (a tall woman) for me
>always feel alone, despite being married, with multiple close friends seen regularly, and great relationship to coworkers due to this
>every action I take furthers me ahead in life, even when I chose to fail. For nearest example, not doing a college assignment would result in the parameters being changed and earning higher marks than the previous assignment was worth, or neglecting a responsibility leads to the entire need to maintain it disappearing.
>Constantly hear or see things that are not there or produced because God has a sense of humor.
>Events and actions of those around me only make sense in the context of a predetermined plot, often allowing me to predict plot beats (the future) before it happens.
>Perpetually feel all feelings at once. Consistently overwhelming sad and brightly happy at the same time.

Attached: brain-bandage-vector-art_k14504589.jpg (170x130, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cotard_delusion
mentalillnesspolicy.org/medical/schizophrenia-delusions.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yeah unfortunately that sounds like schizophrenia bud. I suggest you do some research.

Step in front of a car and see what happens.

It stopped.

Imagine the sort of havoc you could cause, unable to die, everything always benefits you. I'd be walking through war zones and single handedly taking down dictators. It'd be sick desu senpai.

I can harm myself and die (although I don't believe in death), things just tend to always go my way. It's inexplicable and I'm the only one who seems to notice.

I think you could be an idiot since I told you what it is in the first reply.

I've been reading about it since you told me, is there no hope?

If you're dead...how are you posting on Jow Forums?
Real head scratcher there.

Everything I experience only exists as I experience it. This is a hand crafted afterlife.

All of this describes my experience exactly. First of all, check out LessWrong.com regardless of what you’ve heard. Second, probably the closest pathology someone would associate w this clinically is some kind of dissociative or depersonalization disorder; not sure if related but I’m also autistic with ocd type issues and poss some kind of mild bipolar or similar mood disorder. Third, acid will likely make this meta-ing worse if you don’t like doing it. Fourth, imho many of these are innocent symptoms in and of themselves and yr best bet is to talk to people who are also in the mindset of gaming their life and interested in paths through time etc. However I wouldn’t reveal yr worldview to irl ppl much or they might freak out. What do you think of yr wife? Does she know this stuff? Honestly my worldview changed a lot when I met “the only living boy in New York,” my fiance (I’m female). It can be kind of a mindfuck to meet someone on yr level even w a totally diff POV. God I sound like a narcissist but so be it.

(Same user as longwinded empathizer.) Maybe I have a high bar for schiz symptoms bc my partner is, but I wouldn’t freak yrself out too much abt that if yr not functionally impaired or seeing/hearing shit and ESP if yr not late teens early 20s w this stuff newly onsetting.

You sound textbook schizophrenic, ofc no one here is a doctor. Reading your post reminded me of Terry Davis (pic related). He is a schizophrenic programmer who wrote his own operating system to talk to God. However, he is now homeless. So please consult a doctor for treatment in case this progresses and takes ahold of your life as it did his. I am honestly very certain you are schizophrenic, but I have no medical education.

Attached: llY02cp.png (1046x675, 760K)

So kind of like if a tree falls in a forrest. You should really look into philosophy and metaphysics to tie yourself down from these isolated personal thoughts.

There's a very high chance you are schizotypal(partial gene expression)
Schizophrenia is the leading cause of homelessness, occurs in 1-2% of total population regardless of class, race, gender. OP I suggest you look into it. I had schizophrenic symptoms from age 15-19(I'm 22 now) as a result of smoking too much weed. I talked with a psychiatrist and did my best to hide symptoms and got a pass from getting kicked out of school. For your own sake OP, consult a psychiatrist by your own will and you will thank him for it.

I'm definitely schizotypal(bipolar variant) and care a lot about my mental health.

Wheres you address tough guy ? Lets see if your claim holds any water after I beat you the fuck up

Attached: 1525129092876.jpg (1154x1097, 179K)

I'm going to describe a person who is my friend
>she is 26
>she is short
>she had a cyst on her scalp that looked like a big tumor
>she believed that it was a microphone from the FBI or NSA that were tracking her thoughts
>She believed that her father and mother were both murdered ( they were) as a conspiracy to keep her in the dark
>she believes that her genetic lineage is sacred and valuable and that many many people are watching her/ surveillaing her because of this
>she believes that she is one piece of the puzzle and that her partner is being decided right now, and will be put into her life so that she will make 'the perfect child' (his DNA and her DNA)
>She can take something very innocuous that you said and think that you're 'in on it' because she things you're trying to dog whistle to her about it.

Now this person is clearly has paranoid delusion or some other manner of psychosis, I bring it up because
>Events and actions of those around me only make sense in the context of a predetermined plot, often allowing me to predict plot beats (the future) before it happens.
is exactly how she would describe it. I very calmly and rationally explain things to her, however the plot and immense nature of the set of events that she's crafted makes this an impossibility. There are too many moving parts, it's all related, nobody can see the signs but her. There are too many coincidences to be explained by her being crazy in her opinion. But the evidence that she has is things like
>who told you about the chapstick
wat
>chapstick, earlier this month you said you got special chapstick for me
wat
>who told you about the chapstick

obviously chapstick was related to something else in her mind, and it triggered her because she thought I had knowledge that I didn't and that I was making fun, or poking at the fact that I knew with the chapstick.

Here you go, buddy.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cotard_delusion

Im not part of your afterlife, buddy

>Schizophrenia ... occurs in 1-2% of total population regardless of class, race, gender.

Well, it's more prevalent in men than in women. Men also develop it earlier in life, when they still develop social skills, which leads to a worse outcome. We hear a lot about schizophrenic moms, but less about dads, because men with this illness have bigger problems forming families. Not to mention families with "schizophrenia" genes tend to be poorer, even if only one has a full blown mental illness, all the rest may be "weird". And unfortunately creativity doesn't accompany schizophrenia all the time.

OP your symptoms sound harmless right now, but the issue is that if they get worse then you could become homeless and lose everything. That's what happened to my brother. You seem cognizant enough that you can still seek treatment, and I suggest you tell a good doctor what you told us.

Sounds like solipsism

It's called narcissism. You're a full-blown narcissist.

sounds like some kind of schizo disorder

Thank you all for the replies, I understand this is not natural at all. I'm asleep in a planetarium and will respond to everyone if the thread is still active in about 2 to 3 hours.

The world ended and the chosen were Raptured in 1936-1949. This is purgatory filled with lost souls.

OP I'm diagnosed schizo affective and your symptoms are way worse than mine. You're much closer to being a full blown schizophrenic than I am with these delusions and hallucinations of yours. I would not be surprised if this was actually schizophrenia although i'm no doctor.

Please read this mentalillnesspolicy.org/medical/schizophrenia-delusions.html Your idea of being the only person alive is classified as a delusion.

See a psychiatrist as soon as possible. Now i'll give you a very special tip. The road to getting on a good antipsychotic that works can be a long one. You most likely will not find the dose combination that works at first. These drugs can have bad side effects so what you want to do is ask your psychiatrist to get a genetic test done to determine the best medication that matches with your genetics. I did this and now my medication works much better than any we ever tired before. No bad uncomfortable side effects.

The medication might take weeks before it starts working. So don't try to get off of it until you've given it a real chance. And always, make sure that that no matter what, you do not stop adjusting the dose and medication until you find something with no side effects that works great for you. You don't have to choose to be a victim of a medication that makes you feel uncomfortable. There will probably be an alternative to that medication that will work for you.

Here. I just want to make sure i'm clear here. You do not adjust the dose and medication by yourself. You and your doctor work together and your doctor changes the dose or medication depending on how well you tell them you're doing . I know that sounds like an obvious statement but I know people who try to alter medication themselves. Don't do that

Can this be done without medication?

true if big