How do you recover after giving everything up for someone who never loved you as much as you loved them?

How do you recover after giving everything up for someone who never loved you as much as you loved them?

I've been unhappy for 2.5 years, giving all my energy to my now ex-bf. No matter how hard I tried, no matter how much I beg for him to love me back, he always treated me like I was pathetic waste of space.

I was 23 when I met him and gave him everything. I was saving my virginity and I gave it to him because I believed he was the one. Even when he treated me like slime, I never stopped loving him and I've never felt that way to someone. I must have oneitis. How do I cure it?

sorry about the pic I didn't have anything else saved on this computer

Attached: WoWScrnShot_032618_224646.jpg (1920x1080, 290K)

Call up Chad and his buddies to give you the time of your life that your ex never could.

How did you meet and what does he do that you didn't like?

Just to illustrate, I would tell him his treatment of me was pushing me to suicide and his responses were usually something like
>you're not being serious
>you're not suicidal, you're just manipulative
>you're acting like a child
>you're just fucked up because of your past

I always felt so unloved and could never convince him to stop.

>losing over 2 years of life over someone who treated you like human waste

You need some self-esteem and logical thinking skills asap

I've answered this question five times today. Read the fucking catalog.

So I can feel even more unloved by strangers who just want to use me... no thanks.

you stop thinking about it when possible.

you start a new 'chapter' in life.
>learn a new hobby
>go back to church
>call your family
>new man will be found somewhere in between there and all else will eventually fade into a series of blurs like it never occured.

Based on having this discussion with countless friends and strangers a rough estimate would be about 18 months. Which, will be the point where you will have days where you do not think about him at all and you will have a whole new set of problems to worry about ;)

Oh he's actually right. Get help for your borderline personality. He doesn't give you what you need so you threaten suicide. Nobody wants to deal with that and you don't even have the empathy to tell WHY that's so stressful. You literally pushed him away with your antics because you didn't realize he cared and now you act like you care so much. Grow up. Learn to grow thick skin. Get over the virginity thing it's a myth from a book where they stone rape victims.

You sound like a discord friend of mine and seem to share any annoying habit of hers.

It's not about that. It's about making your boyfriend into the beta that he is. They might not love you but you can sure love him ;)

Just forget I asked anything...

>How do you recover after giving everything up for someone who never loved you as much as you loved them?

You just go through the motions of your life until it gets better. Also, you could focus on what an asshole your bf was and how he fucked you over and get yourself ANGRY at him. Seeing his faults would help you to be glad that you got rid of him.

>Just to illustrate, I would tell him his treatment of me was pushing me to suicide and his responses were usually something like
>>you're not being serious

This guy was a dick and you are really better off without him. A guy should be sympathetic to his girlfriend and try to help her out. Not kick her when she's down. There have to be better guys out there, and if there aren't then you might want to get a dog. Actually, maybe you should get a dog anyway.

Post your dog so i can tell if it's you or not

Please let me help you

I'm afraid that people will just try to take advantage of my now broken self esteem.

I don't want to be angry, anger is poison and I'm trying to take responsibility for my emotions. But maybe acknowledging his faults can help.

You remind me of my discord friend xcept they said they would kys if they broke up.

I'm more likely to kill myself if I stayed with him. I left so I could live. Thank you though.

It get better, user. All feelings end without maintenance, even the bad ones. Distract yourself until it disappears or think about it until I wears out.

>telling someone that their treatment of you would push you to suicide is very manipulative
here is just a heads up that that's not a normal thing to tells someone and is abusive in and of itself
>it's time to focus on yourself
putting your life and soul into one person is a mistake, and a lesson that some of us have to learn the hard way. you should never have to beg for someone's love and if it gets to that point anyway why would you want it? you put your time and your energy into someone who wasn't worth it, and now you take this experience and vow not to repeat it in the future.
get a hobby, learn something new, meet new people, and move on. this is your only option if you want to get yourself out of this hole