Hey Jow Forums, is it odd to have your friend give a guy you like your number?

Hey Jow Forums, is it odd to have your friend give a guy you like your number?

Giving it to him myself isn't an option, just thinking about it makes me want to vomit.

That, or I could slide a note under this office door.(I wouldn't want someone else to see it first though which could be a possibility)

Thoughts?

Attached: 1333360092887.jpg (170x152, 30K)

>I could slide a note under this office door
why don't you try clicking your tongue in a dead african language to give him your number, or blink 5 times in a row, he'll understand.

If you're afraid of even giving the number, how the fuck are you going to take the next step like I dunno...texting/calling back.

Texting/calling back would be easy, it is initiating it that is difficult.

No I don’t think it’s odd. I think the guy will be happy to have gotten it even if he doesn’t like you back. He isn’t thinking “hey what a weird girl” he’s thinking “oh this girl likes me, maybe I will text her”

Give the guy the number yourself, it is an intimidating gesture but there's no other way to get over anxieties like this.

men who want relationships

========================
---------AUTISM WALL--------------
========================

women who want relationships

>That, or I could slide a note under this office door.(I wouldn't want someone else to see it first though which could be a possibility)
This is the creepiest thing ever. He'd never text you or think it was some kind of scam.

Do you even know this guy?

Yeah, he's my college professor. I've never spoken to him but he'd recognize me, I always sit in the very front. I'm graduating in four days so I wanted to give him my number.

God fucking dammit seriously?

Don't do it. If you want to talk to the guy, send him an e-mail. You aren't getting with him. At all. Just move the fuck on, especially given that you're graduating.

You aren't in love with the guy, you're just scared of entering the adult world and gravitating towards a figure of your college life in a subconscious attempt to cling to that youthful period that is now over.

Millennial dating in a nutshell

College has taken me a while. I'm turning 26, and This is the only class I've taken with him, he isn't a figure of my college life. I've had a job since I was 18, I pay rent, etc, etc. I wouldn't really say I'm "entering the adult world". I didn't say I loved him, but I do have a huge crush. I never find people attractive, so I really want to give him my number.

>excuses for why you're a special snowflake
Nothing you've said changes my analysis. You're afraid of being an adult and want to cling to this period of your life. So what if you've had a job and paid rent? You're still a child in college. Grow the fuck up and move on with your life.

By the way, if I were your professor I'd block your number if you were too much of a pussy to give it to me directly. You being too chickenshit to talk to him says you're up to no good.

If you need to correspond with your former professors, you do it via e-mail or you call his office number. This is how I correspond with my former professors. What you're doing is just... ugh.

It would be fine if he wasn't your College professor.

I think your reaching a bit user.

Yes, old school way

>your
I think you might want to put off the degree a little longer user.

Why would you block someone's number if they don't have your number...are you perhaps retarded?

I don't really know what you define as "no good", but yeah I want to date my professor.

The only thing that changes after I get my degree is the higher paying job I have lined up. Pretty much everything else stays the same. You sound like you're projecting, leaving college must have been really tough for you.

>Why would you block someone's number if they don't have your number
Because creeps like you find that shit out and start texting.
>I want to date my professor
Grow the fuck up.

What idiot has their cell phone number online for everyone to see?

If my professor rejected me, I'd leave him alone.

Why is it always immature brats that constantly tell people to grow up?

Ive got mine on a public facebook page.

Congrats. I hope you enjoy all those calls from stalkers that I'm sure you get all the time.

Got to agree with the user saying 'if you can't bring yourself to give him your number, how are you going to answer the phone when he calls?'

Like, what are you going to say when he calls and asks 'So, lol, why did you get your friend to give me your number?'

Although that aside, college professors often end up in relationships with either colleagues or former students. It's not that weird, but the usual rules of relationships apply.

Like, if he's pushing 40 the age difference will be a problem.

If you're into him, but he barely knows you, then you should probably build up a face-to-face rapport first.

It would be a little weird if a girl came up and gave me her friend's number, but it wouldn't really be a problem. I don't think anyone in real life (i.e. not overthinking relationships on Jow Forums) would care too much.

Thanks for the advice user.
I think he knows I like him. No one attends class so it's about just 15 of us. I moved from the very back to the very front and started dressing different. It's probably written all over my face that I like him.

It is optional to pick up your final, and that's when I'm going to talk to him/decide on a way to give him my number. I just don't want him to think I'm doing it for a better grade or something.(I have an A in the class so far but the final is 40% of the grade, and that isn't graded yet)

If he calls I'm honestly not stressing the interaction. I also think it would be obvious why I gave him my number. For some reason initiating it is just the hardest part for me.

Shit thats screencap worthy

I wouldn't have a friend give him your number because it's likely going to be in his mind that someone is laying some sort of a trap for him. It's inappropriate and sometimes outright not allowed for a professor to have relationships with his students.

If I were him, I would think that some kind of student or colleague was setting me up to get me fired. If it were a student, I probably wouldn't do anything about it, but I'd at least believe it was their interest.