How to deal with misophonia? Dinners are literal hell for me if I’m stuck sitting next to a lip-smacker...

How to deal with misophonia? Dinners are literal hell for me if I’m stuck sitting next to a lip-smacker. Every time I try to ask politely for them to chew with their mouth closed they laugh in my face and make sure to chew even louder for the rest of the meal, all while lecturing me on how I need to stop being so easily annoyed

Yesterday I vomited all over the floor due to having to listen to my sister eating Cheetos in the room next to me. It’s getting worse and worse as the days go on. Anyone have experience with this?

Attached: 3943F6DB-D762-419D-B848-4041BEC5D9EB.jpg (600x900, 115K)

Go see a therapist. That’s really abnormal.

Earphones.

Ya, i just eat alone.
I tend to get really angry, in that moment all i can think about is stabbing the person to death. Usually i go and breathe in a bathroom.

Should also mention that I’m [spoiler]18[/spoiler] living at home so this is mostly family dinner situations. Bringing ear phones to the dinner table would be extremely rude, and they’d probably just call me a pussy if I asked for a therapist

My fiancee has this, though she's never vomitted. The only thing we've seen work is her just getting away from it. I don't remember if therapy can do anything about it, but she's already seeing someone for a bunch of other stuff and this is pretty much low priority at the moment for her.

Why are you asking your parents?

Also if you have this you probably have other shit wrong with you.

Misophonia isn't a real thing, as in not officially recognized as a medical disorder. It was proposed to be one, back in fucking 2000, but that never happened, because it's bs

>If you have this you probably have other shit wrong with you

Not gonna deny that I’m beyond fucked up, but most of my other autistic shit I can manage well enough so that I can be a somewhat friendly and polite person to those around me.

Just looking for ways to manage this stuff in particular because I’ve yet to find a solution.

Thank you. Someone not retarded and a sense for reality.

Earplugs work for me.
You can get them cheap at the pharmacy. Get the rubbery-type, not the sponges. Those last longer.

I enjoy annoying people like you. It brings me such great pleasure watching you get mad and/or sick over something so benign. Such a delicate little flower, aren't you?

not op, but it's not hard to stop smacking your lips like an american retard

i just eat alone OP
my dad used to PISS ME THE FUCK OFF and ruin my day with his chewing

I highly doubt your coping strategies for the rest of your shit are effective at all.

You’re not gonna find anything that helps on here. Go see someone.

I'm going to smack them extra loud now. As loud and as annoyingly as I can. I have no problems chewing without smacking my lips but man it's nice to annoy faggots like you

>You’re not gonna find anything that helps on here. Go see someone

This should be an Jow Forums board banner

What a spiteful and pitiful creature you are, I will pray for you

That sentence also translates to "None of us have the knowledge and expertise to effectively help you with your problem. You should find a professional who does, because you would get real advice with merit behind it, instead of people just spouting stuff off."

There are some things that Jow Forums is not qualified to handle.

What a pathetic limpwristed faggot you are. I will produce enough testosterone for both of us for you.

Yup. Jow Forums isn’t for this kind of shit.

While misophonia doesn’t exist, people who complain about this stuff tend to also have obsessive-compulsive disorder.

And since OP admitted he probably has other issues too, it seems likely

Ignore the retards itt, practice meditation and mindfulness. Learn to accept things you can’t control and you’ll find life a lot easier. And don’t feed any other habits of OCD you might have.

t. reforming superautist.

I take perverse pleasure in making people with OCD as upset as possible. If I figure out what pushes your buttons I make sure to exploit them to the fullest.

ok