How do you get your girlfriend to play video games with you?

How do you get your girlfriend to play video games with you?

Attached: 1501542370671.jpg (800x1200, 79K)

You pick the right girlfriend.

ask her

>People who won't even pick up a controller to humor you for a moment.
I don't even like to have friends like this. I send them a ten minute long YouTube video and they won't even check it out for me. Friendship dead.

Manipulate her. Jk. If you wanna get your girlfriend to play video games with you, simply ask her. If she likes/loves you enough, and she knows that you love video games, she should be more than happy to play with you.

i wouldn't even do that for my mom.

I play left 4 dead or Mario kart with my gf every night

I wouldn't watch a 10 minute long youtube video either.

this is the only real response. not everyone is going to be interested in your merits, even if you were able to force them
t. learned it the hard way

Real answer you pick a cooperative game like cuphead and you play it until you can beat every boss with your eyes closed and then you play it together and you pull all the work while she mashes the buttons and you try to make her feel like she is doing something
If you really want someone to play a game with you who isnt really into games that's all you can hope for

Participate in her hobbies if/when she asks you to. Fair is fair.

This.

I generally prefer to watch videos that are 3 minutes or less. As much as I hate Buzzfeed, their cooking videos are straight to the point, unlike the countless other cooking videos that take 18 minutes to explain a similar recipe.

this or play super easy games like stardew valley or portal or castle crashers. it's the only way i can play with him without him getting impatient because i'm so bad at games or me getting bored. consider board games if you like those - not the retarded ones like monopoly, but still easy. like lords of waterdeep

You don't want that. My ex does nothing but study and play damn games all day. No time ever for me.

Like fuck I don't know anything about her really because instead of talking about normal shit she only wants to play autistic grind fest.

go complain about your shitty relationship in your own post.

Multiplayer games should come with different difficult settings for every player, it would be so much easier if you could have the bad player get twice as many lives or do twice as much damage or something

Play a kind of game she enjoys? I finally got my girlfriend to play with me by getting her a puzzle game. Now we snuggle up together on the couch, and help each other figure out solutions.

Totally depends on her personality.

If she's super girly and you think she would prefer something (mostly) non-combative and non-competitive there's a lot to choose from. Good examples are simulators like roller coaster tycoon, harvest moon, subnautica, animal crossing...almost anything made by nintendo. There's a lot to choose from, really. Personally I think Stardew Valley would be the best choice for this category but that's just me.

Or an rpg like Breath of The Wind could be a really good start for her if she likes fantasy. However maybe the difficulty would be offputting.

If she's more of a history buff I'd expose her to historical games.
If she likes sci-fi or horror, try something from those genres.

Don't just expect her to pick up whatever you happen to like. Try to match something with her interests and go from there. If she begins to develop a taste for the medium then maybe you could persuade her to try something you're more interested in.

There are lots of genres. I'd start with Mario Kart. The latest entry has auto-pilot features and it could be a good start for her. One very important thing, though. You have to let her win, but don't let her notice. Then, keep playing gradually better. She'll become addicted (maybe). If it doesn't work just try another game.

I had this dilemma for awhile... she'd do it for me, and occasionally get into a game for a bit, was never really that into it. It turned out, though, that we're both really into board games. Especially legacy style games.. so it just took finding a different hobby we both enjoy.

They're shit at vidya, why would you subject yourself to that?

Tell her she won't like them and shouldn't bother.

Our society is fucking decaying.

>I wouldn't even do that for my mom.
Would you on Mother's Day?

I only have one friend that is good at vidya, and it's because he played a challenging series for an ungodly amount of hours just like me.

fucking this, hot damn! also fucking checked. but for real that idea is golden. could even call it girlfriend mode. i'd play the fuck outta that.

On Mother's Day, would you kiss your mom with the same lips that you kiss a whore's anus?

Exactly, that just means there's an even wider gulf between you and any female.
>people should be rewarded for being shit players
Stay away from my vidya, commies

thats a loaded question

Start with more story oriented games, and use it as an excuse to cuddle. Sort of like an interactive movie. Play a few games like this, and you'll get a feel for what they like, and you can move onto games that incorporate those things.

IE, my girlfriend really likes games where you collect shit, and have to search for treasures. So for example if your girlfriend liked the movie tomb raider or something, you could ask if she wanted to play the game with you. Eventually she's going to develop a curiosity about being able to do it herself, and that's how you get her into it.

I like The Wolf Among Us. It's excellent, and pretty short.

Flower is good too. It tells a story by using music and color.

>gamer girls

It's so strange to me that people would date a girl that plays video games. That's an enormous turnoff for me. I only play video games maybe once every 3 days so maybe that's why it's strange.

pfffft nigger please. it's rewarding bf for letting gf drag his gameplay down for the sake of getting to spend time together.
>fighting off the baddies while simultaneously guarding the health patch long enough for your gf to drag her limping out-of-ammo-again-already arse over to it so you don't have to restart level 3 at the beginning yet again
plus can you even imagine the supply of salt that naming such retard-tier handicaps "girlfriend mode" would produce?? gahh because i can't. i just literally can't even.

>gf thinks she's ready for high rank missions
>triple carts over and over to elder dragons
>tell her to get good and she cries

Yeah, this is so fun...

quit your autism its called a learning curve for a reason.

ill turn this shit into a spider thread

>knowingly plays in retard mode
>thinks not dying there means high rank readiness
>cries upon hearing the obvious stated
what are you even doing dating that?

calling it gf mode would filter out the babbies for you super quick anyway. and it's only selectable in offline co-op arcade shit when player 1 selects expert mode.

What if your girl is better at video games than you? And she won't play with you cause of that.

[spoiler]git gud[/spoiler]

>gamer girls
>actually being good at games

Hahahahaha, nice one!

I found the game From Dust to be very effective in this regard.

Why would you need to unless video games is all you are.

Introduce her to some MMO

I first talked to my now wife because I saw her playing Fire Emblem Awakening on Classic Lunatic on a break at work without dlc to grind out levels and money. I could barely make it through Hard on Casual. Having a gamer lover is a mixed bag- on one hand most of our arguments and debates get solved via competitive gaming. Who's doing dishes this week? Pokemon battle decides. Trash can overflowing? Loser of Tekken takes it out. Which family are we visiting for Christmas? Whoever clears a fresh run of a Tales of X game fastest picks. One wants to fuck but the other isn't feeling up to it? Smash Bros victor chooses the compromise. On the other hand, she has a tendency to forget about everything but whatever she's playing. She recently bought a few rpgs off the ps4 golden week sale and binges them from the moment she gets home from work until I find her passed out in the game room so I save her game and carry her to the bedroom at 3am. I know she's got new toy syndrome and that I do the same thing to an extent but it's scary to see someone I care about so engrossed in something that they forget to even eat.

If you are wanting to play competitive games, it is true that they are shit at them. It is only worth playing video games with your gf if they are non-competitive games. Playing non-competitive games is also the only way I have encountered gamer girls who weren't incredibly cringy and obviously only there for attention from omega males

My girlfriend likes to play World of Warcraft and Heroes of Might and Magic 3 with me so I think you should try it out

Heroes is such a great game. Have you tried using it as a gateway of getting her into warhammer 40k/fb?

>What if your girl is better at video games than you?
You need to get your testosterone levels checked. And hers, but for the opposite problem.
>non-competitive games
Ew.
But you're right--the highest K/D of a "gamer girl" I ever saw was 1.6 on BF3. And she never gave out health or revives despite spamming assault.

I learned the hard way never play Mario party with gf

>She recently bought a few rpgs off the ps4 golden week sale and binges them from the moment she gets home from work until I find her passed out in the game room so I save her game and carry her to the bedroom at 3am. I know she's got new toy syndrome and that I do the same thing to an extent but it's scary to see someone I care about so engrossed in something that they forget to even eat.
Fuck you, you lucky fucking fuck. Id kill to have someone like that who would turn off the lights and throw a blanket over me when she finds me passed out in my chair with Battletech running at 3:30AM.

Get her some cutesy shit. Or if she’s already cool you wouldn’t have to ask ;)

Asked her if she wanted to play Divinity Original Sin Co-op and she did.
We ended up beating both games and now game frequently together.
She does not play vidya without me though.
Currently doing a playthrough of L4D2 with her on expert

I fit that believe it or not , 24 year old female and have played vidya my entire life. Damn good at it too

buy human fall flat, best 2 player game

Most girls are perma-bad and have no desire to git gud
I've had luck getting mine to play Cuphead and The Sims on console as well as some timeless handhelds like Pokemon or Zelda but she might play like an hour in a week if at all. She enjoys them but nowhere on the same level as some of her other interests and I suspect she's more interested in the stories as she'll ask about games when she catches me playing them. I suggest sharing productive hobbies with your partner so they don't think you waste all this time for digital victories.

>Asked her if she wanted to play Divinity Original Sin Co-op and she did.

Attached: manofculture.jpg (1024x576, 51K)

Post K/D of your top game

I’m on mobile at work you fuck

And who takes pics of their shit all the time. Play the damn game

pleb

It depends on the game. My gf loves to play mario kart with me (sometimes she gets close to beating me!) but im not going to ask her to play a game like Rainbow Six Siege. Light co-op games like mario and sonic mania are the way to go.