Sup Jow Forums , got a question about what exactly Dell can do to punish me if I pull some scumbag shit. 9...

sup Jow Forums , got a question about what exactly Dell can do to punish me if I pull some scumbag shit. 9.9/10 I would never do this, but dealing with these streetshitters has pushed me over the edge, far and away the worst customer service / corporate interaction I have ever experienced or even witnessed.

Anyway, long story short, I have a "replacement" laptop they sent because they originally sent me a broken potato. What consequences could I face if I keep the original one with the defect and the replacement? Might be worth noting that I never agreed to even receive the 2nd one, pajiit's dumbass just sent it before I ever confirmed.

Attached: 100128.jpg (432x648, 370K)

I mean, probably nothing, maybe itll be sent to collections, or maybe pajeet will lose his job
But what do you stand to gain from this? Are you justified? Did they do something to you?

oh yes bruh, the incompetence they displayed bouncing me back and forth for weeks from non speaking tech illiterate techs. The "remote access assistance" nigger actually crashed my whole OS, they still failed to resolve my issue, refused to refund, I actually have a page and a half letter detailing the whole experience. Ideally I would sell the 2nd lappy (strip the ram and ssd) and get a decent monitor, I feel I'm owed that at least. after all the shit they put me through.

also, they're both refurbs FWIW

bump pwz

bump

bamp

Did they tell you you have to send the old one back? Or what would happen if you didn't?

Just keep it, say it got lost in the mail or some bs

yeah they told me to send it back and keep a confirmation label for when it was mailed. They havent said what'll happen if I dont tho. Suppose I could just say I lost the sheet.

Stop doing any dealings with Dell is my advice. Back when I was a kid and didn't know how to build my own comps, mom would always buy Dell because they're cheap, and those fuckers always broke too quick. Awful company in general. Get something nice that you researched on Amazon and buy a protection plan. Amazon is super easy when it comes to returns, billionaire benzos has enough money to not care about stupid shit like returns hurting profits

The worst I can imagine is they'll send you a bill for it or something. Probably nothing will happen. Maybe you'll have to pay for it. I don't understand why you'd want to keep a broken laptop. I'd probably just send it back and keep the working replacement.

Honestly you just sound bitter about the whole customer service thing. Sometimes you can get a company to make concessions if you talk to someone higher up and explain the unacceptable service, but I don't know who you would even contact about that. I don't know Dell's specific policies.

>What consequences could I face if I keep the original one with the defect and the replacement? Might be worth noting that I never agreed to even receive the 2nd one, pajiit's dumbass just sent it before I ever confirmed.

Theoretically, they could take you to court and make you hand over the second computer. You wouldn't be committing a crime by keeping it, but you wouldn't be legally entitled to keep it, so they could take you to court in a civil lawsuit and force you to give it back. You wouldn't be convicted of any crime because you didn't engage in any criminal conduct to get it. I suppose they could also get the judge to award them attorney's fees, and file a judgement against you for the amount of the attorney's fees. Probably on the order of $1000 ~ $2000. But I'm not sure they could collect on that since there's no record of any agreement on why they sent it to you. You could just say they agreed to send you a new one and never said anything about sending the old one back or something.

Having said all that, please keep the fucker. I am writing this on a Dell, that I got fucked over on numerous times. I finally just had to bite the bullet and replace the HD on my own, and the sound never has worked right on this piece of shit. I'm pretty sure it's a design flaw with this model that they just said ignored.

If you keep it it would make me happy to know that somebody, somewhere, is screwing these cocksuckers back.

Be assured. They will produce some kind of record as to why it was sent if they sue.

>Be assured. They will produce some kind of record as to why it was sent if they sue.

Sure they will. Why can't user dispute it? At any rate it's just conversion. user's committed no crime. All he has to do is give it back if the court tells him. That's assuming they go through the trouble of suing. There are a lot of problems with proof here. It's not worth the company's time or effort.

yeah, the laptop was only about 950$, was wondering if they'd head to court for that.

>yeah, the laptop was only about 950$, was wondering if they'd head to court for that.

I seriously doubt it. But I can't emphasize enough that if they take you to court you can't be charged with a crime because you didn't do anything wrong. That's why it would be a civil action for conversion, basically getting hold of someone's property without them getting paid what they want for it, but you not stealing it.

Problem is they have difficulties even proving that. A bunch of Indian fuckups on another continent could have agreed to anything. You just say they agreed to send you a new one and never said anything about sending back the old one.

But they can't charge the card again I made the original purchase on can they?

>But they can't charge the card again I made the original purchase on can they?

No. Not without your authorization. THAT would be criminal. Check periodically to make sure they don't do it anyway. If they do immediately call the credit card company and tell them that you didn't authorize it and to remove it.

good to know, thanks Jow Forumsocate

Depends where you are, check laws but if I remember right when someone sends you something unsolicited you don't have to return or pay. You'd have to check any agreements you made too.

>pajiit's dumbass sent it before I ever confirmed [so im good to steal the replacement]
I think this is wishful thinking, and there will be some kind of consequence.

is most likely not a banker

I mean, I appreciate your Robin Hood antics. I've been in your shoes before.

I'm okay with bullshit dell consequences. I just don't want 950$ to vanish from my account suddenly. (and as far as collections my credit is like 500 anyway) they can ban me from purchases for life, idgaf.

how long do you reckon I wait until I could sell the bitch and get a monitor?