I'm a 26 year old fattie femanon. Is there a point for me to even try to lose weight, get in shape and improve my looks?

I'm a 26 year old fattie femanon. Is there a point for me to even try to lose weight, get in shape and improve my looks?

Attached: crying-lady.jpg (1600x1066, 109K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tdeecalculator.net/
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.myfitnesspal.android
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Without more details how can we know how to advise you. Fattie... by what standard? How much do you weigh, height, body shape?

Let's start there.

Only if you yourself want to.

Being the kind of person you want to be is basically all there is in life. On the upside, that also helps with attracting the people you want in your life, because they'd be attracted to the person you want to be.

If you are a lazy, boring and psychotic piece of fat, you'll also only attract people that are interested in those qualities. I doubt you're interested in those.

do you like black men?

5'5 and 250lbs body type pic rel

I want to but a part of me says there is no point. And I see anons saying on Jow Forums that at this point I should just kill myself because I will never look like a normal human being

Attached: tumblr_lkfr6fx4uZ1qbia75.jpg (500x375, 49K)

Health benefits, sex benefits, being able to outrun home invaders and zombies, self esteem benefits, etc.
You dont have to be thin to be happy but its the same as saying you dont have to be rich to be happy.
Some people can only be happy if they are thin because they put priority on things that are only available to thin people.

Do keto. It sucks but I can’t eat ice cream and Doritos and Taco Bell and be who I want to be.

There is no point. In fact, there's no point in anything. Unless you want it.

It's gonna be a tough battle. There's always gonna be self-doubt and laziness. That's what usually stops you from doing what you feel like is the right thing.

You look like a human being already. But being fat comes with health and more importantly hygiene issues. Don't want those? Gotta lose weight.

I recommend going to Jow Forums and taking a look at their sticky. You don't have to dramatically change your life overnight. Start with little things in your daily routine. Try to find food that's good to eat instead of the unhealthy stuff, consider your eating habits (eat until you are sated, not until you can't eat anymore). For workout I recommend swimming, it's a good sport, trains your whole body, and it'll be easy on your joints who are probably a bit overwhelmed by your weight.

Don't think about other shallow people judging you - there's nothing more impressive than a non-fit person trying to get fit.

Again, it'll be a battle. We on the internet can give you bows, arrows, swords - in the form of information. You need to embrace them and have the will to wield them, for as long as it takes, and fight your way to the person you want to be. It gets easier with time. But you have to stick with it.

There's a lot of information that can help you.

If you are unhappy, resignation means stagnation - means prolonged unhappiness. Sometimes accepting factors that make you unhappy is necessary because you can't change them. But weight/fitness? That's something that's in your control. Acknowledge that, then it'll be easier to start working on it.

You owe it only to yourself.

Your never going to be thin with that body type but that doesn't mean you can be kinda hot with right diet and exercise.

You need to target losing an achievable amount of weight. Say 20lb. Then let that stabilise by maintaining a healthy eating pattern. Then Los the next 20 and so on.

It's going to take one to two years to lose weight, retrain your eating and lifestyle patterns.

Nah.

tdeecalculator.net/
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.myfitnesspal.android

Attached: stop fat.png (948x1328, 100K)

Fix it now while your body can still do it. The benefits are not only being attractive and active. Imagine being 50yo 250lb, and 50yo 150lb. Which would you rather be?

It's tough, but you won't enjoy the full benefit immediately, you'll enjoy it for the rest of your life.

Also always keep in mind that you didn't get to this size in three months, so don't expect to fix it in that time either.

Fuck you, OP.

You know damn well that you have like 60 years of life left in you, and how important it is to lose weight. You just want Jow Forums to give you a boost or a peptalk.

Well lemme tell you something, faggot, if you need a group of random virgins to motivate you, then you won't last 2 days in the gym.

I went from 240 lbs to 140.
I have some loose skin, but I look good and I feel a thousand times better.

How tall are you ?

A little over 5'7".

I'm a guy, 30yo. Weighted 225lb in december, and I'm sitting at 200lb now, which is ok since I'm 6'2

I have much better stamina, higher sex drive, can pump gf for longer, stopped snoring, back pains are gone, and feel much better about my looks

And that's from measly 25lb, 10% my weight. I can only imagine what cutting 40-50% in those situations feel like.

Why don’t you just lose the weight?

I don’t understand why you wouldn’t

I've heard there are people that eat very little and gain a lot of weight really fast, is that true? I never really had a problem eating stuff but I try not to abuse my privilege as it is but I'm curious.

For me it was mostly... life being less annoying.
Travelling, hiking, walking, working, doing chores. Everything is a lot less painful. I'm full of energy, shit doesn't tire me as much, my body stopped hurting as much.

Sex feels better. And I'm happy to be hot enough for my hot boyfriend. He started dating me when I was 220 lbs so it's not like he started dating me for my looks (and he could probably get cuter girls regardless) but it feels good that I'm finally proud of the way I look and I feel like I deserve to be showed off.

It took me a year and half to lose all the weight but I always felt like it was worth it.

There's some variation in metabolisms between people, but in general two people of the same gender, height and weight who have a similar lifestyle will need similar amounts of calories.

Being fat is a mindset. Eating garbage and too much of it is habit forming. It's an addiction like any other. Me on the other hand, I'm 6'4" and have been 180 for years. I want to gain weight, but I never can. My stomach gets upset when I eat too much.

You're coming from a bit of a different prospective.
A 5'4 girl to stay her weight will have to eat 1400-1500 kcal/day, while you can afford eating 2400.
You could have 2 meals at McDonalds a day without gaining weight, if a girl ate as much as you did she'd be gaining 2 pounds a week.

Not saying you're wrong, but understand that you're not sacrificing much to stay 180 lbs.

Yeah, I realize that. But, I just don't get hungry. I have to always force myself to eat. I've gone 24 hours without any food and only get somewhat light headed. I guess I just don't understand why someone couldn't just stop eating and lose weight.

>I just don't get hungry. I have to always force myself to eat.
That's just as abnormal as overeating

I'm the girl who lost 100 lbs.
Food for me was like a safety blanket. I felt sad, I ate, I felt better. I had to solve a lot of internal issues to stop emotionally eating.

Now I have other ways to deal with stress and I also don't get as hungry, I do intermittent fasting and never get hungry even if I go 1-2 days without eating.
But yeah, I get ya. It's just hard to control your urges unless you force yourself to get used to it.

I know. I've been the same weight for a few years now. I'm pretty young so I don't to be static at 180 for my life, I'm pretty skinny.
I get that, I guess I have other things I do for stress relief. It's really my sensitivity that prevents me from eating. I'll binge on candy the feel so awful I won't eat much the next day. I'm glad you could work out your problem though.

That's what make people fat in the US. The idea that 2000kcal of mcdonalds equals 2000kcal of plain sauceless lettuce. It isn't, the body is much more complex thah that.

>Is there a point for me to even try to lose weight, get in shape
Other than avoiding a life time of entirely preventable health concerns such as t2 diabetes, you'll also have more energy, less depression, greater overall health, and a longer life. Physical fitness has also been proven experimentally (aka, the most accurate kind of research) to reduce the severity of depression, reduce the likelihood of depressive moods, increase recovery time from injuries, and essentially make every aspect of your physical health better.
Something a lot of people never think about either is that it is significantly harder to perform surgery on someone who is very overweight. If you get in an accident and need life-saving surgery, it's simply that much harder to actually perform the operation, and your recovering time is typically 30% longer.
Yes. You should try to lose weight and improve your physical conditioning. Even if you don't wind up improve my looks
That's entirely up to you whether or not your interested in that. Do you want to feel better about how you look, or are you interested in attracting people? You've gotta decide what value this has to you.

This is absolute pseudo-science bullshit, I'm sorry to say. The 2000 calorie a day diet is based on a life of physical/manual labor or regular physical activity. The average person does not get enough physical activity to not gain weight on a 2000 calorie/day diet, even if they are a 6'6" man. Most athletes aren't eating that much food, unless they are trying to gain muscle. Professional body builders frequently get by on 3-4000 calories/day, and you're talking about someone who spends 4-5 hours in a gym working their ass off every single day.

The average adult male does not need 14-1500 calories/day. Stop eating so much, etc.

>The average adult male does not need 14-1500 calories/day. Stop eating so much, etc.
What?

The average adult male does not need 1400 to 1500 calories a day in order to maintain his weight. The 2000 calories/day diet is based on the idea of a certain level of physical activity that most people simply do not achieve in a day. You should not be eating this much food unless you are physically active, and quite so at that.

For instance, I'm 5'8" (173cm) and 165lb (75kg) at about 18% body-fat. I am moderately active (I stock heavy items and exercise 4-5 times a week), and I maintain my weight with an average caloric intake of 1,600 calories/day.

Unless you work heavy manual labor or are an athlete, you are more than likely eating too much if you are basing your caloric intake around 2,000 calories/day. This is doubly-true if you are a woman, since you are likely to not have the same muscle mass as a man of the same fitness level.

True. Especially for women. I've seen too many people not change their diet and become fat as adults once their energy requirements go down.

Yes and no.
Eating just junk food will destroy your body because the calorie density of junk food is way too high to make you feel full all day while also eating little enough calories. And the hormone reactions of very highly caloric food will fuck up your metabolism, you don't get enough vitamins and nutrients, it has excess salt, your diet is not balanced. I agree with that.
But 2000 kcal are 2000 kcal, and you'll get fat by eating them if you need just 1400.
You can get fat by eating healthy foods, if you eat enough of them. And you can stay thin by eating moderate amounts of McDonalds.

>The average person does not get enough physical activity to not gain weight on a 2000 calorie/day diet, even if they are a 6'6" man.
Heh. No, not really. A 6'4"/180 lbs man BMR (basal metabolic rate) is estimated around 1950 kcal. He can definitely afford to eat around 2000 kcal/day even if he's highly sedentary.

I don't think everyone should base their caloric intake around 2000 kcal/day, but a woman who does light exercise and is 5'4 can afford eating about 1600 kcal/day without gaining weight. Someone who is more sedentary should go for 1500.

>Heh. No, not really.
Yes, absolutely really. I am basing this on nearly a decade of experience needing to be engaged in physical activity and the concepts behind nutrition an end exercise. I also read research on the subject quite frequently. BMR calculators are incredibly inaccurate, as the results they put out are generally based on arbitrary targets for caloric intake, such as the 2,000 calorie/day diet.

Again, actual athletes frequently do not consume much more than 2,000 calories a day. Professional body builders using steroids who are adding multiple kilograms of muscle mass in a few weeks are eating 3,000 to 4,000, with only the most extreme cases going beyond that. Your average person whose normal physical activity consists of walking from their car to a chair or couch to sit in for hours at a time does not need this much food.

I am a man who moderately exercises that maintains my weight at the same level of caloric intake you are suggesting a woman with "light" exercise should be eating. My wife exercises with me, and she gains weight when she eats the same amount as me, despite the fact that we both some combination of calisthenics, HIIT exercises, and running 4-5 times a week and we both work.
I have 4 very good friends who are all near 6'4"/195cm, and the only one of them that isn't quite overweight/obese is the one who consistently eats less than 2,000 calories a day and is also physically active.

Our concept of how much we should be eating are hold-overs, generally from 40ish years ago, that were based on very weak science that was typically survey-analysis based and not experimental. The most recent experimental research shows quite clearly that we are all simply eating far too much.

You got two choices
>Keep being fat and miserable and wallow in self pity
>Do the work that is needed to lose the weight and maybe become happy

Losing weight isn't about running 5k a day, it's about what you eat. To put it this way: 30 minutes of high intensity exercise is about 150 grams of chocolate worth of calories

The absolutely easiest way is cutting carbs as much as possible. No potatoes, no rice, no pasta and absolutely no sugar. For example don't fucking buy ready made pasta sauces as they often have a fuckload of carbs (sugar) in them despite being "healthy". Make your own instead.

For every meal think that 2/3 of your plate should be vegetables/greens/salads.

op here
How much should I eat in this event? All online calculators suggest 1500 to 1800 kcals a day with a goal to lose 2 lbs a week? I don't know how to find it out if online sources are wrong

BMR calculators are based on scientific studies that compare lab results and try to find an algorithm.
Of course the best way to know your actual needs is to go in a lab and test it out, but in general as a rough estimation it's alright. They're not 100% correct, you'll need to adjust it, but it's usually a pretty good starting point to get a rough idea of how much you should be eating.

I've been maintaining my weight for years doing moderate exercise (45 minutes swimming, 4 times a week) and eating roughly 1600 kcal/day (and around 1800 kcal/day during the week end).

Again, I'm not arguing everyone needs to eat 2000 kcal/day. And as you age you need less and less. But a 20 year old man who is 6'4", 180 lbs and does moderate physical activity can afford eating 2000 kcal without getting obese, he can probably afford eating more than that.
As you age of course you need to lower that, if you don't exercise of course you need to lower that.

Health. No matter what we say though, unless you're sincere in your desire for change you won't accomplish shit. This is why only people that "hit rock bottom" are the only ones that ever genuinely make effort to change. Because education is shit and most people are as fake as a blowup dolls sex life, people don't know how to be entirely honest with themselves about who and what they are, or about what they want to do.

This question is for you and you alone to answer to yourself:
"Do I really want to change?"
Don't spend even one second thinking, blurt out the first thing that pops in to your head. Whatever the answer is, do that and don't let anything interfere with it. Stop being bitch to the ego that has been arbitrarily driven in to you through circumstance and random happenstance in life. Learn to listen to yourself (the little voice in the back of your head that calls you on your bullshit) honestly and without judgement. You'll be a lot happier when you stop being fake. Congratulations, you now have an insight in to the thought processes of a straight gangsta zen master. Make your life less shit or be happy rolling around in shit as you see fit, nobody but you can make you happy.