I think I'm infatuated?

I've been talking to a good friend over Discord for a while now, and it's really enjoyable for me. Like, really enjoyable. We snapchat frequently and have good conversations, and he's just generally a great person to have a chill chat with. The only problem is that he's naturally a distant person, prefers to be approached for conversation than the opposite, and so am I. Starting conversations is very daunting to me, due to my insecurity that I might be bugging the individual. Recently I've been going through a lot, and talking with him helps me distract myself from those problems.

He makes time for me to talk with him and I'm very appreciative of the time he spends with me, but I'm afraid that he's sometimes not very honest. I'd ask him if he would be free later on in the day, and he'd reply saying he's unsure, but that he'd keep me posted, but he never does. He never messages me saying that he's too busy for a call, so I end up waiting around for nothing. Am I being too imposing and clingy, or am I over-thinking things?

I have no intention of going into a more intimate relationship with him, because I'm already in a relationship of my own. I'm 100% satisfied with our relationship being strictly only friendship.

I'm also an aspie, so I don't know if I'm missing some sort of social cue, because no one tells me directly that I'm being too over-bearing and annoying, probably in case it'd hurt my feelings or something.

Attached: rei.jpg (640x480, 43K)

>I want to have my cake and eat it too
fuck you
There's literally no reason a guy will spend so much time on a girl if he wasn't romantically interested.
Sure you connect and all, but he is literally cucking himself for no good reason.
Hope he finds a good woman and stays away from selfish harpies like you.

That wouldn't make sense in his case considering he's been aware of my relationship since the very beginning? Haven't you ever heard of a normal, healthy, non-sexual relationship between a male and a female before?

This isn't even about the matter of my friendship with him, it's about whether I tend to be over-bearing when it comes to people I have a genuine fondness over.

literally what the fuck is wrong with females

my guess is that he realized he realized he's being used as an emotional tampon and wants to move on with his life.
If you want to enjoy yourself and get distracted by those problem of yours, go to your boyfriend you dumb cunt.

I shouldn't have mentioned my relationship. I just want to know if I'm doing something wrong when it comes to general friendships, jeeze.

My boyfriend is my problem.

>dating an asshole
>better no break up with him and instead tease other guys on the internet crying about how much of an asshole he is teehee
kys

I'm not dating an asshole, I'm the asshole. I'm dealing with emotional problems, or more lack of emotions in general. I'm pretty sure I'm not even my Discord buddie's type, he already has a crush on a girl that used to be in our friend group.

Kek, you're the reason I don't feel guilty about beating women.

Damn, you must troll libtard women epic style, too.

boo hoo poor you
you should be thankful he even bothers to spend time with someone like you in the first place.
You are not entitled to his time, specially if you have a bf already.

I already stated that I was deeply thankful for the time he was spending with me in my original post. I'm not looking for a stupid pity party, I just want to know if I'm too imposing when it comes to general friendships, that's all.

you have nothing to offer to him. He will talk if he wants to.
If he doesn't, mind your own business.

So if I'm not a ''boyfriend-free girl'', it's illegal for me to have a normal friendship with a male?

Pretty much.
If you aren't enjoying the time you spend with your bf, you should reconsider your life choices.

For the record, a guy shouldn't be talking to other girls if he has a gf either.

It's just a certain time period in the year that I'm just not feeling the best when it comes to my relationship, but I won't get into it.

Also, my boyfriend has healthy friendships with other women as well. Not everyone wants to fuck each other based on what genitals a person has, dude. It's more complicated than that.

You said in the title that you think you're infatuated with him, which translates to: I want to fuck him eventually. Now it turns out you are in a relationship and string him along because your boyfriend doesn't cover your emotional needs - so you use this guy as your emotional tampon and a crutch, and still have the audacity to complain he isn't devoted to you totally. Bitch.

OP that person is obviously a bit too shy to tell you but maybe there really is something. Nonetheless seems to me like a timewaste to keep bugging someone to talk to you. Cut off and see if they approach you first, too.

stop trolling you fucktard

I meant infatuation in the context of obsession, not romance. With me being a spreg, it happens a lot with friendships. I just wanted to know if I was being obsessive, because I can never tell until that person eventually stops talking to me entirely, rather than telling me up front that I was being overbearing.

My boyfriend does cover my emotional needs, my problem is the fact that I have barely any emotional needs at all in the first place, I basically feel like a robot 75% of the time. I never tell my Discord friend any of my problems, because I don't feel the need to. We just have normal conversations about life and about our interests, etc. I would be directly telling him all this if he really was my emotional tampon.

Thanks, I cut off conversation with him for a couple of days a week ago as well, he didn't approach me after 3 or 4 days, so I texted him again because I missed having our nice conversations with him, and he seemed okay with it. Should I just give him space for a few days every now-and-then, just so I'm not constantly bombarding him with my company?

Btw, what do you mean exactly by ''something''?

It sounds to me like you're very clingy. Maybe it's just me, but I don't like to be bugged constantly, ESPECIALLY by platonic friends. It's ok if it's my partner, family member or best mate. Just a suggestion: maybe try spending more time with your bf, talk with him and what not instead of bothering another guy all the time?

Yeah, you're right. I'll give my friendship with my Discord friend a break for a while.

>e'd reply saying he's unsure, but that he'd keep me posted, but he never does. He never messages me saying that he's too busy for a call, so I end up waiting around for nothing
Uh maybe because when work runs late and you're still cranking you can't really stop to keep people posted