Got a dui. Totaled my car. Broke my ankle?

Got a dui. Totaled my car. Broke my ankle?

My friend is in mental hospital so i cant get his help. How do i tell my parents so they can help me without just bailing me out?

Attached: 814nI9an5uL._SY355_.jpg (355x355, 13K)

how can they help without bailing you out? what kind of help are you looking for?

what is the mental hospital? what country are you in?

Hey Mom and Dad, I really screwed up. I made a bad decision. To keep this from getting worse, I need a lawyer. Please help me and I'll pay your ass back.

This.
Or you can accept your punishment and shower in this shitstorm so that maybe next team you don't do something so irresponsibly fucking stupid.

>bailing you out of a DUI

Boy, you're so fucked and you don't even know it yet.

Im already bailed out and have a court date.

See what this guy wrote:

Attached: 88A455F2-8B8B-4366-8477-3E66F2F8D5F9.gif (432x222, 931K)

Do you need a lawyer for a first tume dui?

>have a court date

What I said still stands. Chances are you're fucked.

DUIs are both expensive and time-consuming. If you are charged, you will have to pay the state a shitload of money for the court fees and then for the alcohol awareness class. Your state may also force you to install a breathalyzer into your vehicle for a first offense, which you will also have to pay for. The DUI itself will stay on your record for a decade, during which no business outside of manual labor will hire you. Your insurance premiums will be sky high during the duration as well. Get a good lawyer but don't be optimistic. Most people don't get out of DUI charges because they're drunk driving scum and because it's a huge source of income for the state.

It’s a good idea. The plea offer can be a little better once you get a lawyer, plus if there are 4th or 5th amendment issues with your case, a lawyer is gonna be needed to find them and to negotiate them into a better plea deal.

Just wanted to add that you should look up the DUI laws in your state so you know what's coming. Getting a DUI is no joke.

It’s bad but it could be lots worse. That there was an accident makes it pretty bad though, especially if OP caused any property damage to anything other than his own car.

But yeah, it’s gonna be expensive.

If it makes you feel any better I got a DUI fucking totalled my car into a guardrail and my attorney got it dropped. Just don't let the pigs take advantage of you.

This. Sometimes weird shit happens. Only a lawyer that does DUI law and works in the area (i.e., knows the prosecutors, knows the judges, and knows the cops that typically testify) can make it happen

>The DUI itself will stay on your record for a decade, during which no business outside of manual labor will hire you. Your insurance premiums will be sky high during the duration as well.

The DUI will stay on your record FOREVER. I know I have one that I got 30 years ago. Businesses will hire you but it will probably take 5 years before anyone will let you drive.

You don't really need a lawyer unless there is some circumstance that will get you out of this. If there isn't call up the states attorney. Tell them that you are interested in pleading no contest and would like to make a deal with them. See what they tell you. Don't admit to anything and don't sign anything until you are sure you want to do it. You will need to look up the penalties in your state and see what the states atty is proposing in the context of that.

If this all too hard or too scary be prepared to pay 5,000 ~ 10,000 for a lawyer

You just need to sit in that cell and think about what a retard you've been. The next time you drive drunk, take your car off of a cliff.

>sit in that cell
You know he’s been bailed already right? And that on a first offense with no bystander/passenger injury or police chase, he’s not going to be incarcerated, right? They just want money,

Ugh hope the dui lawyers are cheap

I had people in one of my DUI classes saying they paid less than a grand for a lawyer. I paid 2,500

All these people shitting on drunk drivers lol. So many people do it. That doesn't make it right but it's ridiculous the amount of people that do it. You need to realize there's a difference between being drunk and being shit faced oh shit I shouldn't be driving. A lot of people get popped for DUI and are driving better than sober people. Come fight me faggots.

Yeah, you gotta shop around. There's a ton of variability in price. Because it's such a cutthroat business, though, you can probably get free consults.