How the fuck do I answer "What is your biggest weakness?" in job interviews?????

How the fuck do I answer "What is your biggest weakness?" in job interviews?????

Attached: 15534536485689.jpg (637x921, 56K)

Google it

dont give me that bullshit user, help me out over here

im just too not gay

I always say
> I dont ask for help until Im overwhelmed.

I think the most used answer is " sometimes I get so wrapped up in making sure something is done right that it takes me a little longer to finish a task" employers eat that up because quality > quantity

Say a legitimate weakness, but top it off with how you solve it.

Ex: I'm lazy sometimes, but how I combat this is I try to finish the hard work first so I don't have to use as much energy in doing easy tasks. Or some bs like that.

Also saying " I find myself unmotivated when unproperly challenged" I think is comenly used.

Or maybe " I'm a stickler for punctuality, and have trouble dealing with people who don't take this serious " . I got a hundred of these if you want

Not OP but keep going

Seriously, did they not teach you this in school. You just give them a weakness that's actually a strength.

Weakness: I'm too organized or I overwork myself.

so fake and cliche

" cleanliness is a major issue I can't stand to see a mess and will not stop thinking about it until it's taken care of"
" I think I try to be too polite to customers and their happiness may cause me to delay interaction with others until I can resolve the first issue"
" When I see a problem that I can take care of I am not happy untill it's resolved"
See what I'm doing here ? You just take strengths and tweek them a little bit so in the end your actually selling yourself through a fualt. They love that kind of bullshit

"I dunno, I haven't found one yet."

" honesty is very important to me, if I saw someone stealing I would have to stop what I was doing to report to my supervisor" ( that one's weak I know)

" I feel I am overly concerned about safety and follow guidelines to the letter, this may result in things taking more time or suggestions to co-workers if I see something unsafe " ( they love that one )

Basically they just want you to make an effort and not be the dumbass that says they have no weaknesses.

Tell them your a frequent poster on Jow Forums and this may have some effect on interactions with certain minorities and genders

Or go check out trainspotting the job interview chapter

>Say a legitimate weakness
This. Interviewers want you to be able to break out of self-promotion for a second, reflect honestly on yourself and deliver an honest answer. They are not so stupid that you can fast-talk around the question.

Top kek. My ex said something like this in an interview. She didn’t get the job. Her friends in the business college gave her shit for years.

Say a weakness that's really a strength in disguise

>I work too hard and can be overly thorough on projects

This is as bad as saying you have no weaknesses, if not worse. It makes you sound duplicatous and like you’re someone who will blame others for his mistakes.

You sound like someone who has never had a job before. This exactly the answer someone hiring somebody wants.

No one is thinking what you're implying at all. The "what is your weakness question" is a test to see if you're an idiot who is going to give an honest weakness or if you're going to cease the opportunity to turn the question on it's head.

>Sometimes I keep a legitimate concern to myself rather than talk to someone because I don't want to bother my coworkers or managers. However, I've learned that it's important to have clear communication with my coworkers, so everyone is on the same page and we talk through any issues.

It really isn't. It's a question to see if you're aware of your flaws and know how to manage them. It's not an opportunity to humblebrag.

A job scouter told me once that a good answer to this is "Well, I had a weakness of ((__)) but then I did ((_)) to solve it."

E.g: I used to not pay attention to detail, but when I got a job as a cashier, I had to pay attention to detail because it meant giving the right change back etc.

Ignore the bullshit 'give a strength in disguise' answer.

This is a question done by shit interviewers, but the best way to work around it is to give a genuine weakness, and then talk about how you're working on it.

For example don't just be like "I'm really shit at focusing for a long time". Instead, you go "I struggle to focus for long periods of time, so I've been working on this using pomodoro techniques to train myself to be more productive around my attention span issues and improve on them".

I've interviewed people for my company and been interviewed a load of times, this is the right answer 95% of the time.

Hahaha you have never hired anybody before dude. Or if you have, you were never trained. You have no clue what you’re talking about.

something funny like "I am terrible at spelling because of spell checker"

"I'm a workaholic. If there's work to be done, I want to get it done yesterday so it's done."

>how to bomb an interview, the post

FAKE
and GAY

Attached: 91493E64-82AB-4D32-8A2D-0F958421094F.gif (325x244, 1.84M)

I'm constantly worried if I'm doing a good job

>I have trouble regulating my emotions and sometimes I get excessively aggressive.

“I give in to the desires of my female colleagues in hopes of obtaining sexual favors.”

“I steal random things like extra pens when i have the opportunity.”

“I fold under preassure of intense social situations.”

“Im really not that reliable and I tend to pass my work to others when possible.”

Hows that for starters?

what the fuck, this is literally me at work

Attached: 1488151628668.png (601x508, 127K)

I know... you also keep your shirts on the right side of the closet.

Don't lie, just dress up the truth. You don't want your new employer to expect you to do something you can't do right away.

>How the fuck do I answer "What is your biggest weakness?" in job interviews?????

I always say I tend to get a little overinvolved in my work at times and maybe am a little unpleasant with people who are lazy . But it's true.

This is specific to the field I work in (software development) but what I say is that I'm very oriented towards making tools vs making projects, so if I'm working on a project and there's some part of it that could be made easier/automated then I really want to spend time making a system for it which could take time out from other things. Basically I don't like to hack in a solution that only works once for a particular project. I dunno if that's a great answer but it's true in my case.

give a small but legitimate weakness (none of the bullshit "I work too hard") and then explain how you overcome it.
EG: "I can be disorganized but I make sure to keep a calendar of deadlines so I stay on track"

I think my answer to that is legit (while being quite honest).

I say that I'm too much of a perfectionist, which might seem cliche, but I go further by describing how that has slowed my progress in time sensitive projects, and talk about the steps that I took to remedy it. That answer is true, has a good side (I want to do quality work), has a negative side (I am too stubborn to ask for help), and has a solution with anecdotes that I can describe to the interviewer. This answers the question while demonstrating I have a clear understanding of my big weaknesses as a worker and it demonstrates that I'm somebody that's introspective enough to try to overcome it.