23 female, never ever had a relationship

Hey, is this weird?

I never ever bothered to make an effort to pursue a relationship. I don't think I look bad. I've always been one of those workaholics for work and school. Never had a group of friends either. Mostly just indulged in hobbies like reading,watching animu, drawing,playing music,gym etc. Never had a guy approach me. Maybe because I kind don't stand much idk

But now school is ending and I kinda feel lonely. I just don't have friends to go out and meet people like me (I have had 1 friend all my life but never saw this as a problem). Where do I find guys that aren't shallow with relationships and want an average nerdy qt gf? I felt like tinder was a bunch of guywhores because they all wanted sex and I've never had sex and it feels uncomfortable to do it with a stranger you've only met like thrice in your life.

Should I date older men? Get friends? Keep looking on tinder? Should I feel weird because I'm 23 and never had a relationship before? Where should I look for a nice husbando that's as nerdy and antisocial as me?

Attached: IMG-20180510-WA0001.jpg (540x540, 29K)

It's not unusual anymore but gigachads would probably think it were strange
Getting friends is the only real option as this point, I'd recommend local game/comic/card shops

Try other dating sites like pof or match, nerdy guys are unlikely to make an approach even if you go outside as above suggested
You could try approach them though..

Ayyyy guurl.

Ok, nice. Will try this but I freeze whenever I go outside. Like I stutter and spill spaghetti in general

So i have to be aggressive. Alright, I will consider this too

Ayyy boi

I'll also try to improve myself. Maybe even lose weight and learn waifu skills.

What kind of hobbies do you have?

Shop guys will bond with anyone if you show even a casual interest in their hobby and will be happy to have a woman there, don't worry about it too much

Be my gf

Making music/learning piano (i suck at composing though I do want to indulge in it and make better 8-bit tunes)
Drawing and illustrating (also suck at this one ehehehehe)
Gym
Take a walk with my dog
Read
Meditate and be alone in general
Animu (but only good-fine tier. Like made in abyss or yuasa)
Work? School?
Netflix and series - good movies that aren't cliche or have good characters
Crypto

Most of these are not hobbies you can make with groups,are they?
Also, I have extreme fear of social situations. But I better just do it even though the times I've tried I failed miserably.

What is a shop guy?

Find cons or meetups that relate to your interests, just remember nerdy guys are probably more scared of you than you are of them. Or try an actual dating site or app, tinder's just a meat market.

Crypto gf
Neeeed

guys who hang out in the aforementioned game/comic/card shops as a hobby. think mtg players or whatever

P H O E N I X
H
O
E
N
I
X

Nerdy guys in my area seem pretty chad like though.

Y-you t-too user

Thanks for answering I will consider this. I just want a qt chubby nerdy bf who will be my husbando and cook protein cookies together

You seem pretty typical and basic but more wholesome than a lot of girls. You can easily find friends in groups for your hobbies. Try to do that a bit before looking for a bf - having a network of people will increase your chances of finding someone.

To find guys who aren't shallow, don't go around looking for relationships in an obvious fashion. Look for guys who you'd like to be friends with, have good values and interests that match up with yours etc, and actually get to know them before jumping into a relationship. Older men and tinder are a bad idea. And don't feel bad about being 23, if anything it shows that you have self-control and other things in your life.

Is it bad to be typical and basic? What should I do to be more interesting? Although I'm not one to care about other people think about my tastes. You think I should change something or add something up?

Lulz what continent/area are you in?
Stinky linky?

You listed the same things as before. For the most part these are fairly isolatory activities. You could start looking for groups in town for each one though. Maybe take up yoga. First meet other females, then use them to network to find males that may have similar interest. That way you find someone who isn't huntimg for a companion but works a s a match.

What state do you live in?

What did you go to school for?

>Where do I find guys that aren't shallow with relationships and want an average nerdy qt gf?

If you had excluded the “nerdy”, I’d say in the real world. Playing tennis. Through parties from work friends. Join a political party. Be a communicator. etc.

But generally, if you are introvert, don’t go out and don’t get invited to parties / festivities and you don’t have any social hobbies, it is tough.

Here is how I met my last 2 gfs (in the last 5 years) - A. through work, we were on the same deal and I just asked her on the phone how her day was and we chatted in the evening, then texted and met up a few days later, B. I met my last gf via a friend. She tagged along to a lunch and we started talking and hit it off.

GOD DAMN IT.

You're a man. I don't buy it. Stop.

Kek, not on link but I have my meme bag.

I don't live in america, and I haven't graduated yet. This will be my last year though so I'm thinking ahead

I'm not a man user. I wish I were a gay man though

I have a super hard time making friends but I will take a note and write "need more friends and social skills, be more aggressive, make the effort. Also. Shock therapy." Thank you user

>Is it bad to be typical and basic?
No, because most guys are typical and basic. You shouldn't "do" anything that you don't like just to be more interesting - not saying that self-improvement is bad but you're right to not care about what others think of your tastes. You have plenty in common with the sort of guys you are interested in.

I didn't mean it as an insult at all, in fact girls with your interests (typical but nerdy) have really no issue finding guys. Just be careful about making sure to get to know a guy and his values before you get too involved.

Can't say I've heard that before. Why do you figure that?

I want to be a gay man because I like people with penises and not the other way around.

And I have a hard time making friends because I spill my spaghetti out of fear of people not liking me (although I don't really care? As in, I won't change what I think it's right about me) it's a stupid fear. Also, I don't like myself much so I assume people don't like me either. because I wish I worked harder or were more talented than I am when I'm not really anything big. But I know that's ok too. I just feel I'm kinda bland and boring and people will see me as that when In reality I don't want to change my ways. I like to make efforts though and I like working hard though.

I just have a huge fear of people. At the same time,I like myself but am jus not there yet

>I have a super hard time making friends but I will take a note and write "need more friends and social skills, be more aggressive, make the effort. Also. Shock therapy."

I am not sure I said any of this, but yes, if you really did all that you would meet tons of people.

I just said that you’ll meet people you can enter a relationship with in social settings. Around here there are meetups and talks for people interested in certain areas. Of course it is easier to go there with a friend than alone, but you really can go alone as well and then meet people.

It’s like if you are looking for a tennis partner because you really want to play tennis, you need to either say so directly on an online platform for sports... or talk to people who like tennis too. My last tennis partners came from work (my boss), from a colleague (her husband) and from just asking online who wants to play. It sounds cheesy, but romantic relationships don’t really start in that much different ways.

Ok. I'll put myself out there. I'll feel vulnerable as fuck though so I have to feel better about myself first right?. Thank you user you helped me do a catharsis. I think I might have deeper problems than I though and I should work on those and let relationships come with natural effort so to speak.

I appreciate the help. I just want to finish school first I guess.

Thanks a bunch

>how to cure the spaghetti
The post

Wow, that's a kickback. Reminds me of how I used to think as a kid.

Well, just remember that it's normal to fall a few times when learning something new. Like or dislike isn't really a metric that can be gauged on achievements or interests alone, a lot of that just comes down to compatibility, and thinking in the same way that other people do. It's good to continually strive to better yourself, but sometimes it's best to just let other people make their own judgement about you instead of judging yourself. You may be surprised by the way the people around you perceive you.

Yeah you are right. Thanks a bunch for answering.

I have to fight this fear I have with people and be braver. Stop judging myself and others so harshly.
I just hope someone finds my spaghetti poop as endearing kek. That would make things a lot easier

>I just want to finish school first I guess.

I said the same thing at uni. It still doesn’t hurt to do 1 or 2 social events a week. I am not talking about necessarily college parties. At Cambridge, we had tons of talks on various topics and events - for instance the engineering departmemt hosted entrepreneurship talks and they had a mixer after that where you could talk to all kinds of people. Doesn’t mean you’ll find a relationship there, but you damn well meet tons of people.

1 to 2 times a week?! Jesus christ. I was thinking like once every three weeks.

That kinda depresses me.

I guess I should put a lot more effort than I initially though. Wow.

Maybe it's a "getting used to it" kinda feeling.

Every day untik you like it

Playing batmington once a week with a fee people or going to a talk on whatever thing you are interested in, isn’t exactly too much for a week. It is like you go to the talk in the evening of Tuesday and play Badmington on Thursday. I didn’t suggest you do 14hours of rave partying on Tuesday and 5 hours of speed dating on Friday.

just be my internet ldr gf easy fix

You answer your own question already though with this >I never ever bothered to make an effort to pursue a relationship.

You could be nerd, you could be chad, you could be ugly and deformed, you could be beautiful and talented, but if you don't put the effort then you'll receive nothing.
Learned that hard way from years of self involuntary or whatever it is isolation here.

>Should I date older men?
If that's your cup of tea, or one caught your fancy by any means go for it

>Get friends?
Only if you willing to work for it, don't be like people who have lots of acquaintances, but never share anything deep/intimate enough with others.

>Keep looking on tinder?
Yes, Tinder might not have a good rep for healthy relationship nowadays, but at least it'll get you moving. Thread really carefully though.

>Should I feel weird because I'm 23 and never had a relationship before?
Yes, but no use crying over spilled milk, go do something to fix whatever you feel weird about.

>Where should I look for a nice husbando that's as nerdy and antisocial as me?
Jow Forums, but stop and think for a bit here, you're failing in getting and put work into relationship for 23 years and feeling weird for yourself, do you really want another person who's also a failure like you to be your S.O.?

I don't consider myself a failure user.

But thanks for your advice

I was in the same boat as you, but male, never felt that uncomfortable being single until I met someone who completely resonated with me. I think the best bet if you haven't met someone who you felt a massive affinity for is just keep putting yourself in social situations.

In my case, I went back to college at 24 years old (not intending to look for a partner) where I met my now wife, but work, clubs, hobbies, the internet whatever are all places to meet people, not just for dating. My number one advice for you is not to force things and not to project what you want to see onto the people you meet - I have a feeling that you probably don't do this anyway, but I feel this is what a lot of people who end up getting disappointed by their relationships end up doing. Settling for someone who doesn't really get you just seems tragic to me.

So no, you shouldn't feel weird. Different maybe but not weird. As long as you stay social, open your heart and be receptive to the qualities that you admire the most in people and have the courage to pursue those that embody them (even if only to keep them in your life as friends) you simply won't be able to avoid intimacy.

BOSTON
O
S
T
O
N

COLOGNE
O
L
O
G
N
E

>is this weird
for a woman yeah.
>Where do I find guys that aren't shallow with relationships and want an average nerdy qt gf?
online dating or meetups.
>I felt like tinder was a bunch of guywhores because they all wanted sex
there are a lot of men on tinder who want a relationship, don't believe the "men are pigs who only want one thing" BS that women tell themselves as an excuse to be single.
>Should I date older men?
sure
>Get friends?
yes, regardless of dating you should also look for friends.
>Where should I look for a nice husbando that's as nerdy and antisocial as me?
Jow Forums. If you're not fat then I'll date you.
or just go to online dating, tinder, meetup.com, etc.

>Like I stutter and spill spaghetti in general
guys aren't very judgmental about that.
>I'll also try to improve myself. Maybe even lose weight and learn waifu skills
Definitely get . Or at least not fat. And get some interesting hobbies so you have something to talk about with both friends and bfs

Not OP but is a 22 yo mentally unstable but NICE person fine too? I look average (ugly face, okay body) auch NRW

Herzlichst,

kik?

No.
Give me your email

>posting your email on a public anonymous macedonian doorknocking forum

yeah no, nice try tho

>this swarm of thirsty betas
Guys...

Don't ruin it.
She is one of us and we all want to get out.
I know women aren't real but let me just have this one.

>acting surprised

Throw away your presumptions about online dating, or at least proceed cautiously.

The best advice I can give you is to hold your self esteem high and never settle. Fuck boys only react to the attention you give them. A man will treat you with respect and plan dates. If anybody offers you a first date of drinks/ low effort, than decline. It's best when a man plans a date that doesn't imply sex. And will respect your boundaries.

You will only find people that respect you and share values if you filter for those things and are not afraid of rejection/rejecting people.

>MIA
what a pleb

>not creating a burner email so you can begin chatting with her
I did this and talked to a qt on Jow Forums before.
I mean she ended up ghosting me but it was fun while it lasted.

>If anybody offers you a first date of drinks/ low effort, than decline
kek at this sperg larping as a Le Gentleman. Drinks for a first date are common and normie and don'e "imply sex." Especially for online dating drinks is great for a first date.
If she wants something else then she can plan a better first date but women declining dates because of dumb shit like that is how they end up single at the wall.

>
Then enjoy your normie dates. Are you trying to date normies or someone your going to be compatible with.

enjoy being a forevoralone autist

>yuasa
>crypto
Pretty rad, girl. There's a shortage of girls like you.

I meet too many females, who are:
- just regular students and have no hobbies apart from having good grades and Netflix
- anime fans, but they just watch what comes around; not interested in who made the anime, just passively watching (no different than binging Netflix)
- if they're really interesting, they're probably already taken

>- if they're really interesting, they're probably already taken
this is a shit perspective, feelings are not a market. each person is a unique soul waiting for its bonding bond

>shortage of girls who like anime

and thank god for that

Attached: 1380487191363.jpg (366x329, 13K)

I don't know. All my relationships happened because I found some random girl on the internet, we happened to like similar things, we talked a lot and it basically worked out. I couldn't be with anyone I wouldn't have things to talk about. Also, I'm not the "flirty" type.

I used anime as an example, because the OP mentioned some nice things. If you wanna talk about cooking, photography, collecting stuff, retrofuturism, sci-fi, vidya, guns, /mu/core music, computers, linguistics and some arts I'm fine 'cause would know at least something about it anyway.

K C M O
C
M
O

>I don't think I look bad
Im sorry but were gonna need a photo, people describing beauty are almost always extremely subjective.
But sadly there is such a thing as objective beauty because its based on evolution, not culture on opinion. Thats why you need someone whos neutral to you to tell you the truth.

And for girls, sadly looks matter a lot.