Gaslighting

How can you convince a gaslighter to get help and realize how damaging their behavior is?

This person is not a narc or a sociopath so it must be learned behavior.

They once admitted they realized they were acting abusive... but then backpedaled after a year or so and started telling me I was the gas-lighter instead.

Is there any hope to change this person who could otherwise be a very good person if they would stop gaslighting?

Attached: 7fbcbf5cad26da8b41dfeb03b47d1683.jpg (220x300, 12K)

It depends on the appeal they derive from it.

I think they do it to avoid guilt because they don't realize that taking responsibility is a good thing. I think they feel threatened by the thought of admitting they did something hurtful.

>they don't realize that taking responsibility is a good thing
What naive fantasy world do you live in? People are garbage.

Says the most garbage poster on this board.

>t. assmad

"Gaslighting" doesn't fucking exist you god damn schizo
It's like "gangstalking". Something fucking made up by crazy people

>I think we live on a flat Earth
>No you're wrong
>OMG I'm being gaslighted

You are hilarious

Then it sounds like leaving them out to hang is best.
They need therapy, not attention

Billy Joel said it best "We didn't start the fire"

"Some of us just want to watch snivilized High society Burn"

What the fuck is gaslighting and why can't you just tell them to stop?

this

Literally asking a gaslighter to stop will just activate more gaslighting.

Just google the term.

Oh look its that skinny twink faggot.

Please explain gaslighting. Why do I get the feeling that you don’t even know ehat it means.

You're a big guy

>gaslighting
What word will be ruined from overuse next?

Ghosting if it isn't already
Once a word completes a news cycle it's pretty much over

We need examples to know how to help you!

Like if they do something hurtful they will tell me my memory is wrong, or blame shift by saying "you're not actually upset with me, you're upset with someone else".

Or if I say "you are doing something that hurts me" they will say "how can you say that, I don't hit you or do X, therefore I'm not hurting you". Or if I say I feel like you're gaslighting me, they will say "no you are the one that is twisting things".

A gaslighter is a person that intentionally put the blame on their fuck ups on others or manipulating others to think that their SO are the weaker link in a relationship.
In other words, a gaslighter is a manipulative and abusive cunt.

Lol I'm a gaslighter I guess
Doesn't matter, I know what's better for her more than she does

I think this person does it subconsciously, not on purpose

Gaslighting is the act of attempting to make someone else doubt their own sanity.

Not being kind of a prick and a habitual lier.

Stop diluting the word.

The only thing you can do is exit the relationship. And it's perfectly fine to tell the person why.

Strictly speaking it's the act of lying to someone about small shit to make them doubt their own sanity/memory.

People use it loosely about anything from being a manipulative cunt to just disagreeing on something. (And like anything abuse related, abusers often pretend to be the victim.)