How do I move to the US?

I have a Canadian and Swiss passport. How do I move to the US?

Attached: USA.png (1280x674, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/3-zQ4h6HOSQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Marry someone. Apply to university and get a student visa. Get a job offer and get a work visa through them. Be "super highly qualified" like a doctor or engineer and get one of those H1-B visas (although I think they go to Pajeets and Chinks).

You should think that one... Try Canada first, visit the US.

Wait until 2020 when we have a non-xenophobic president well known for fucking illegal aliens.

Want to marry me? Paper marriage, pre nup on both sides, divorce after a couple years.

Fuck off, we're full

Marriage actually still involves a naturalization process. Marriages for the sole purpose of naturalization are considered fraudulent and will result in prosecution and deportation.

Only if the person getting in is white

Do I get to consummate the marriage? m or f?

Then lose some weight, you tubby bastards.

>Apply to university and get a student visa
Waste of money, he'll still have to get a job and H-1B visa after he finishes studying, so he may as well get his degree in Switzerland where he doesn't have to pay 50k in college tuition.
>Get a job offer and get a work visa through them
He still has to get a H-1B visa if he wants permanent residency. Though I guess an easier visa is a stepping stone if your intent is to marry a US citizen and get in that way.
>(although I think they go to Pajeets and Chinks)
Correct, indian firms hoard H-1B visas and only sponsor indians who'll work for low wages.

Marriage, L-1B or H-1B visa. Those are your only realistic options if you want to reside in the US long term. To get a H-1B visa you have to find a company to sponsor you (a lengthy and costly process for them) and even if you get sponsored there's less than a 30% chance you'll actually get a visa because H-1Bs are limited to 90'000 or so per year. Getting a L-1B requires you to have worked for an international company with US offices for at least one year and then get transferred to one of their US branches. The company still has to sponsor you if you want permanent residency in the US.

Good luck OP, immigration to the USA is harder than to any other country on the planet.

Unrelated. You write 90'000 with an apostrophe. Was that a typo or does that is done in your language/culture? I found it interesting when I discovered that other countries use commas instead of periods for their decimals. I'm just wondering if this is one of those situations?

Interesting that you came to Jow Forums for legal advice.

You may want to re-think that choice.

As someone who just completed this process, do not do a fraudulent marriage. My wife and I were lucky, but we know one legitimate marriage that has been in immigration limbo for 2 years and most likely the husband is getting deported.

Not really. It's just a thing I do because I think it looks better than using a comma, period or space.

>ignoring punctuation rules because you feel like it

Attached: 7nhd3Z5.png (785x757, 123K)

>but we know one legitimate marriage that has been in immigration limbo for 2 years and most likely the husband is getting deported
What did they do that captured the government's attention? Marry too quickly after meeting?

Pretty sure he entered the country illegally and did shit all at his interview. They have actually been together 8 years and married for 4. Meanwhile my wife and I have been married 6 months and met almost 2 years ago, she was on a student visa, and we flew through the process. Interview was 15 minutes. Another couple waited a year, but pretty sure they fucked up the interview as well.

>he entered the country illegally
I sure hope anons one here looking to immigrate aren't that stupid.

What was the interview like?

> choosing the US over Europe
Nigga what are you doing?

Ours was pretty easy, but we were joking, and had recently had a positive pregnancy test, so it was just the formal questions of employment and criminal background. Some do go into graphic detail of sexual encounters, and a basic "Newlywed Game" of matching answers. We watched some YouTube videos and were scared shitless before, but if you act natural and actually have a history, it isn't so bad
youtu.be/3-zQ4h6HOSQ

Wages are shit in Europe and Canada. Though I'm not sure if that applies to OP with his Swiss citizenship.

Unrelated to OP but what's the naturalization process for marriage? My boyfriend's american wants us to get married and move in with him.

Pay an $1800 total processing fee, get a medical checkup from a doctor specializing in immigration, file a pretty good size packet along with required evidence, ie marriage license, birth certificates, proof of cohabitation, etc. Send that to the nearest USCIS facility and wait for a biometric screening, wait some more for an interview.

>he fell for the ameritards meme
Ou boy.

This has been the same even before President Trump came into office.

Almost forgot, you also have to prove that your spouse (the American) can support both of you with their income. No more freeloaders allowed.

I'm American, and I've lived on both coasts and the Southwest. The only city I particularly like is New Orleans, though I do like the little desert towns in Arizona and New Mexico.

To be frank, a lot of Europe is just fun. And beautiful.

Americans are stupider and more emotionally imbalanced than Europeans. Slightly smaller dicks also.

statistics show