Whats the point of antidepresant if it has more side efects than alcohol?

whats the point of antidepresant if it has more side efects than alcohol?

Attached: 1402723941442s.jpg (241x250, 13K)

bump

Big pharma can't make money off of you if you're just an alcoholic.

While I agree with your point self medication isn't good either. If you are depressed you need to talk to someone and change your life.

Pills aren’t a solution, they're a trap

This
They want you to pay for both therapy and pills.
Ironically you probably just need sunshine, exercise and dietary improvements

>Ironically you probably just need sunshine, exercise and dietary improvements
This is massively important

but OP, don't underestimate how helpful talking about your problems are.

I think counselling is better than therapy personally because you get to unload all of your problems to someone who listens and is confidential.
Its also way cheaper, and often free

Oh yes, therapy is a gooder although it can be a numbers game to find the right one. My first therapist just said "sounds like depression" and sent me back to school to fail all the same.
Another on the other hand drew attention to some previously unexplored points and revealed a lot to me. I'm unironically doing better for that.

That being said it was covered, I can't imagine how the costs can rack up otherwise.

For me it made the suicidal thoughts go away for the most part. Life is still torment but the medicines help me cope

ADs get you to a stable point so you can make positive changes in your life to resolve the depression source so you can get off the medications.

This. The point is to help you build up a track record of successful life events rather than being reclusive and wallowing in depression.

It’s kind of like the guy who takes sleeping pills to go to sleep, but then goes and plays video games all night and frustratedly wonders why he didn’t fall asleep. You’ve gotta try to sleep. And with antidepressants you’ve gotta try to be better.

>Ironically you probably just need sunshine, exercise and dietary improvements
I'm frequently outside enjoying the sun, I exercise at least 3 hours a day and am aware of what I eat every day to retain my current perfect weight. I've been going to a specialized psychologist for a year now and even they now just start to think I would be better off taking pills.

got prescribed zoloft 50mg, at 25 it was OK and tolerable, felt weird for 3 days, threw off my work, and at 50mg i've become an alcoholic and my dick doesn't work properly. going to taper off to 37.5mg then 25mg. no i'm not going to "wait it out" if my dick doesn't work.

They act continuously, there is no ups and downs with SSRIs. It's just a constant push really, personally I'm glad to be off them. Anyway, they're not for everyone, but that doesn't mean they are for no one. When people simply can't improve from sunshine, exercise and dietary improvements as others have mentioned, then you turn to antidepressants. Recreational drugs and alcohol are problematic band aids. Also ignore the "muh big pharma" morons who think they have the world figured out.

I have no way to prove this other than my own experiences but I dont think people that can be cured with sunshine and exercise were really depressed. Or perhaps Im only thinking of more extreme versions of depression.

Yes lack of vitamin D will make you feel bad. Yes exercise will release chemicals into your brain that should make you feel better.

none of that worked for me though. Everything was always merely a distraction and it doesnt take long to get back into autpilot and you start thinking. Or when you go to bed or to the bathroom, or something reminds you of something and triggers the negative thought cycles.

Honestly life is just shit. You have to intentionally delude yourself to believe otherwise.
If youre realist youre often seen as a pessimist. If you take an objective look at this world and life then I see no argument that can validate suffering through it and even worse bringing another living being into it.

Attached: 1515648114763.png (1500x1100, 800K)

At one time in my life I was like on 5 different medicines for insomnia and bipolar and they all just fucked me up even more beyond belief, it wasn’t untill I started taking lithium is when I started to actually feel good. To make the story short I took lithium for a couple of years while doing therapy at the same time and felt I was at point where I didn’t need it anymore so I just stopped with it because I felt at that time it was only making me feel worse and now I feel much more happy and content with my life being off medicine but everyone is different so make sure you knoe how’ll you’ll react of you go off your meds do talk with your doctor first.

Is that why the Nirvana song is called lithium? A lot of people thought Kurt was bipolar.

It's honestly all a scam. I'm coming off antidepressants right now and I zaps I've been experiencing are unbearable at times.

Are you going cold turkey or are you weaning off because you're supposed to do the latter.

SSI and SSDIs I think theyre called become the new mode of your mind like the fats in your stomach and body become the way your body shapes and keeps itself warm and comfy. This includes that people shape the outcomes by making your operant conditioning the norm to which you relate your treatment. This is why they make several attempts at using the right one in order to make sure that you have the opportunity for yourself how you want to reply to people while on your medication. This is why drug dealers make people uncomfortable around their users but also fail to relate to them on a person to person level once they have them in as friend and not just user. They become a way for them to gain credibility when all theyre doing is selling you drugs and making sure youre uncomfortable making problems for yourself but cant find a solution for you yourself to apply on your own.

>Posts a wall of text generalizing SSRIs
>Can't even spell it right

You are right....

I took 4 different types on SSRIs and each one worked only to stop working after awhile. Prozac lasted the longest but even then I relapsed. Now I'm not on any and I feel there are times where I'm normal and other times when I want to kill myself. Being off has been better for me than on a drug, however I still have that thought where I wished I had the courage to kill myself all those years ago. I envy those who were able to beat depression

Medication should be seen as a supplement in a treatment plan, not THE treatment. Therapy is a must for most people these kind of issues, however not everyone needs it, like people with seasonal depression. As its not caused by a emotional dysfunction, but a physical reaction to your environment. So examine yourself to see if you need therapy, which the answer is probably yes, or whether or not its something like SDD.

Next, correcting your diet and other habits helps your overall mood and energy in general. If you look at it as an opportunity to better yourself everyday it makes getting up easier. Also not having to deal with the effects of shitty diet just makes you feel better overall.

You shoulnd'y just stick to one pill in the beginning, especially if the side effects are troublesome to you. Some pills work for some and not for others. So try out a few and see what works best before just settling down with one that solves one problem, but starts another.