What do Jow Forums

what do Jow Forums

should I go to psychiatrist again or not? I'm quite afraid after what my last 2 did to me.

>first one
>prescribes a literal fuckton of strong antipsychotic and antidepressants medications
>the dosing pretty much increases
>gets to the point where I take like 15 fucking pills before going to bed + a couple during the day
>second one
>prescribe me with trazodon
>after 2 weeks I end up in ER with seizures caused by it

I'm quite afraid to take any medicine now. Even taking vitamin pills makes me anxious and make my heart begin to race. It got to the point where I had a very severe cold (I don't know how to put it in english) and was prescribed antibiotics. Didn't take any of them because I was too afraid.

As for my mental state, it's a big fuckup
>depressed
>anxious
>sometimes antisocial
>sometimes very happy for no apparent reason
>still depressed most of the time though
>sometimes paranoid for a very short time
>sometimes get the feeling that I can't teel if I'm paranoid or whether I am just telling myself that I'm paranoid (can't trust my judgement)
>easily addictive
>used to do heroin and speed (quite a lot)
>quit it last august
>now smoke cigarettes like crazy
>recently started drinking

what the fuck do I do

Attached: 1506759151123.jpg (306x306, 20K)

Therapy, not psychiatry

Stop drinking and try to stop smoking. If you are afraid of taking medication try to adopt a good diet with exercise, that can improve your mood.

Iiterally came to say this. If you're tired of trying medications, psychologists and therapists will give you behavioral methods you can use to try and have a better life. It sounds like you need a break from the drugs, and the problem with psychiatrists is that drugs are their specialty.

right. except I can't talk to people at all. I was on a drug addiction therapy last summer and it didn't really end well. made me even more anxious and was filled with lies, lies and lies.

yeah I was thinking about that. even made a post on Jow Forums about it.
although when I used to go to the gym, it didn't really make me feel better. I liked the pump, but was anxious as fuck there.
>

Go to another practitioner and talk about the situation with him/her. Having a bad experience or two shouldn't turn you off the best chance you have to deal with depression

That's silly, you can talk to a therapist. It's their job to listen to you.

If you can't even reach out to a therapist, then I'm really worried for you. You need to make those steps toward improving your situation. The good things can pick up momentum, snowball, and lead to more good things, the same way the bad ones do.

Go talk to a therapist. At the very least, that will give you someone who's looking out for you.

There's no way to get around talking to someone. If you don't, things will just get worse.

And don't bother arguing with me on this. I'm out.

can't afford any other desu

what can I do mate, I can't even talk to my close friends or family about it. I just can't open to people. And when I do it's completely random and very out of the place, almost inaproppriate

Fuck, it really sucks that in the US you have to pay for this shit. Where I live it's all covered by public health so I pay nothing both for meds, psychiatrist and therapist.

How much would that cost you? It might be worth the money still, it's your health after all

also, I seem to cover all these issues really well. there are gossips around about me but generally speaking nobody is aware that I am as much of a mental wreck as I am.
after what time do suicidal thoughts kick in? i already had some but didn't take them seriously, as in it becoming an hero would be quite nice but I can do better desu

i'm not in the US tho
it's eastern europe, but apparently you either wait for half a year to get a single psychiatrist appointment or go to the private one.

Attached: 1526250595342.jpg (924x571, 50K)

Okay, I lied, I'm not out.

It's their job to listen to people with issues like yours. There are other people with these same problems. A good therapist will ask the right questions, to probe into the real issue.

Also, a lot of times it's a lot easier to open up to a therapist than someone you know, because you aren't invested in them and their judgements. Frankly, experienced therapists have often been threatened, hit on, or babbled to by severe schizophrenics. After all that, whatever's weird about you will seem like nothing.

Now I'm out.

Ah, the classic 'wait for 6 months' bullshit. We have that here too depending on the hospital. Thankfully it didn't happen to me. Meanwhile you should take an appointment though.

You need mentorship and counseling, not drugs.

You sound bipolar so you'd need a medication for bipolar 1/2, maybe Lamotrigine given you've had a seizure before.

Doctors are dumb as fuck but are good at acting smart, they describe you whatever makes them money and are shit at detecting drug abusers. They hold they're 8+ year degree close to them to protect them from any mistakes they make or any problems you have, to deny your problems. Most of the time they make things worse and misdiagnosed a fuck ton.

Even a professional pyschiatrist wouldn't be able to diagnose someone on a vauge description, op needs to actually be interviewed by one.

You're right that my statement isn't an accurate diagnosis but a pdoc will shove zoloft/prozac down their throat for a while to see if it triggers a manic episode. They are likely bipolar given the op mentioned mostly depression with sometimes being 'very happy' for no reason which is hypomania at the very least.

Stop trying to diagnose people over the internet. You aren't a trained professional and you have no idea what you're talking about.

Microdose LSD and start meditating. Works wonders.

Or if you're ballsy go shrooming. (And start meditating!)

I likely know more about psychiatric disorders than you do fampai.
Now don't you ever reply to me again, you hear?

I was already prescribed prozac for some time. It usually made me trip balls for the first week or so and then stop working and make me depressed again.

Right. Except my brain is pretty much fried by all types of psychedelics.

bump