So i just moved in with some new people and the other day i was having a conversation with one of the guys...

so i just moved in with some new people and the other day i was having a conversation with one of the guys. i tild him i had a dream i went into his room with a shovel and murdered him, n thought hed get a kick out of it, but he looked all weird and shit and then stopped talking to me. and the other day i was dropping some acid, and the other roommates was all like what the hell u doin man. and now they wana kick me out of the house but i have a contract so fuck them. what legal action can i take to not have them kick me out. i paid rent.

Attached: 1513650131881.jpg (1704x2438, 1.12M)

Other urls found in this thread:

ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-idx?c=ecfr&rgn=div5&view=text&node=24:1.2.1.1.1&idno=24#se24.1.100_1202
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Legally? You can kill yourself you freak
9/10 made me mad

>do illegal things
>how do I keep someone with the law on their side from kicking me out
As long as they can claim you are a physical threat and they all know you did drugs then they can easily kick you out as long as they give you notice to find a new place.

>they all know you did drugs then they can easily kick you out
they cant prove it you idiot

>they can't prove it
They aren't trying to get him arrested.
They are trying to evict him.
All they need to do is talk to the landlord who has the power to remove him as a tenant with the standard tenant contract.
2 people can easily lie and get you evicted from an apartment as the laws are stacked against you.

>All they need to do is talk to the landlord who has the power to remove him as a tenant with the standard tenant contract.
It's not that easy, but given OP is a junkie it's not like he's gonna be able to fight back. Really it's a lot harder to get evicted than you think.

then ill sue them because i paid my rent. and ill just say there lyin if they mention that i dropped acid and broke some glasses. could of been an accident.

im not a fucken junkie i just dropped some acid to expand my mind also i have a persciption for weed

Federal regulations make clear that there’s no protection for “an individual whose tenancy would constitute a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals or whose tenancy would result in substantial physical damage to the property of others”
ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-idx?c=ecfr&rgn=div5&view=text&node=24:1.2.1.1.1&idno=24#se24.1.100_1202
He said he had a dream of killing his roommate and both say he was doing drugs.
>I'll sue them
Under what law?
You pay rent by the month not the whole year.
They would keep you there until the rent cycle is over.

You told a guy you dreamed about hammer murdering him and you think nothing is wrong with this, you might as well be a junkie

i pay rent until the contract is over thats how it works

also its not illegal to have dreams, also i will either say hes lying or it was a joke

and nobody can prove i do drugs

>Federal regulations make clear that there’s no protection for “an individual whose tenancy would constitute a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals or whose tenancy would result in substantial physical damage to the property of others”
First off, that's just federal fair housing. That does not preempt state and local laws regulating tenancy and the evictions process. In fact, all you've shown is that he can't resist eviction by pleading that he's protected under federal fair housing law. The landlord must still follow the eviction process mandated by the state/local jurisdiction, and in a contract tenancy for a set period, the landlord may not be able to evict without suing (i.e., just giving 30 days notice wouldn't work). But even in states where you CAN give notice, OP could conceivably refuse to vacate and file suit to prevent his removal.

It's simply not as easy as you think.

The way forward for his roommates, though, might be to seek a restraining order because he's a threat to them (though I can't see a court granting it based on what OP has reported; they'd have to embellish a LOT), which would get him removed from the premises and potentially get him off the lease.

It's honestly a lot more complicated than you think.

i was jus tryin to make conversation an i thought hed have a sense of humor about it

fuck stop droning on about it, ill jus say his lying or whatever

Go ahead and lie, you're still a dangerous scumbag

ethank you, finally some real advise. i will jus go talk 2 a real lawyer and have them sort it out. if im evicted ill sue the bastards for slander

>thats how it works
Literally not how it works and every standard landlord/tenant agreement has a clause for eviction to protect the landlord not the tenant.
You are also using niche clauses.
I'm using national standard as my basis. You are using a combination of random laws for a state you haven't mentioned.
Most landlords are allowed to force-ably evict a tenant with law enforcement for trespassing after they have given a period of time to allow them to find a new location.
That's using national law as a basis and not making random claims of "but mah state laws."

Then it becomes your word against theirs, and the finder of fact (probably a judge) will look at them, look at you, see that you're a tweaker, find you less credible, and find in their favor.

I love how people seem to think courts can't resolve "he said she said" in favor of the moving party.

no im not, i just broke a glass and swinged it a bit when i dropped acid. i was convinced there evil. i dont do acid anymore. still think there evil tho lol

Plenty of people do acid and are completely normal, not an excuse

fuck off u dont know shit
>Then it becomes your word against theirs
yes. and im not a tweaker you idiot. i look good in a suit.

it just happened once so fuck off

Dude. Tenancy and leasing is not a "national standard", it is literally different in every state. It is a local issue and has always been a local issue. The feds, honestly, cannot regulate it except to the extent the commerce clause allows it.

And no, a landlord cannot "forcibly evict" anyone just because he overstays the lease. He may be able to have the cops remove him in some circumstances, but in most cases it would be a civil matter. In no jurisdiction is the landlord permitted to use unilateral self-help (i.e., locking out the former tenant who still claims a right to inhabit the premises, or entering and physically removing him).

What he can do is file a lawsuit in court to have the guy evicted, and then the sheriff comes and removes him. Sometimes notice is enough, but generally it's not.

You have no idea how the law works user. Just stop.

>you don't know shit
Enjoy your future eviction.
Post your contract then if you know what can legally be done to you.
What state are you in if you are claiming defense by state laws?
Literally easy for you to do the legwork to find out where you stand instead of being retarded and just arguing from the nuts.

>if im evicted ill sue the bastards for slander
TOP kek. What?

You cannot sue someone for slander because he files a lawsuit against you or uses legal process. That's not slander. Even if the things he alleges in his lawsuit are false. The importance of protecting access to the courts is considered far, far higher than your right not to be slandered.

I hope they kick you out

fuck off, i know my rights

ill tell everyone in court that they gay then

t. junkie

well i fucked ur mom

Why do you peolple take this thread seriously?

Attached: Bait+dump+enjoy_6cbcaa_5923503.jpg (326x179, 7K)

How do niggers even figure out how to post here? Mobile made everything too easy for you animals

is racism even allowed outside of b?

Definitely

Don't do drugs kids. Let this be an example.

If you interpret your dream
The shovel can symbolize the action of burying or digging.
Going to your roommates room could symbolize a subconscious bias towards that person.
Murdering them can symbolize an internal desire/fantasy to defeat and get rid of an enemy.
In dreams people live out all sorts of fantasies often as a subconscious method of keeping an emotional balance in waking life.

Fast forward to now, you feel threatened of eviction, assumed roommates were evil while on acid, and since you feel overwhelmed like you are being buried alive, (or you feel you are constantly digging yourself into a deeper hole and you cant stop it), you are asking Jow Forums of all places for help. It is likely that the roommate whose room you dreamt of is the one pushing your situation (or at least you believe he is).

If you look at your dream as a metaphor and compare it to your situation, it can seem as if the dream was basically precognition of your current emotional state. Either you are normally a person who thinks alot in metaphors, or have done enough drugs to alter your brain chemistry so some part of your brain is making such associations. (Not saying thats bad, or drugs are bad, but fact is drugs do have effects). Lay off the drugs, explain to that specific roommate that you paid rent and want them to leave you alone. If youre an addict you might want to sign up for rehab, since if you are going to go any legal route then being in a rehab program may help your case. Goodluck.

thanks. dont need rehab, but thanks.

Suggesting rehab purely to help your case, if you are going any legal routes. Whether or not you need or want rehab is another story, one which I dont care about. If your roommates are stalking you to get proof whatever, just lay off drugs until you have a better environment.. (whenever they hop off your back).

Also dont let the one roommate get to you. Ignore him or have minimal interaction. Some part of you has already shown you that its best you avoid him.