Last night, I got a message from the account of a really close online friend of mine...

Last night, I got a message from the account of a really close online friend of mine. It said that they were her friend and that she was involved in a bad car accident and is in a coma and will likely have amnesia if she lives. There were a few strange things, though.
First: I noticed that she had recently liked something on Twitter, and I pointed this out. They said they did that accidentally while they were informing people, as my friend gave her a book of all her passwords to tell her online friends if something ever happened to her.
Second: There are zero news articles about any crashes in her area.
Third: We used to play a mobile game together, and it said she was active there 45 minutes ago. I pointed this out and the friend said that it was a glitch/I was hallucinating (I wasn't).

After pointing all this out, they said that I was too attached to her friend, and they proceeded to block me and delete me from every platform, including in the mobile game. They said they would give her my contact info again if and when she wakes up.

Fourth: Despite her friend saying that they were only telling her online friends for one night on her computer, her account has been going online and offline all day, but it's mostly been online.

Now I have to ask: am I being paranoid or is this an elaborate and cruel method to block me? I don't think she would ever do something like this, as it wasn't like her at all. But these things seem really off to me.

Sorry for the really long post, but this has me incredibly worried and full of anxiety.

Attached: 14484740001633.jpg (700x525, 236K)

Elaborate and cruel method of blocking, sorry to say.

You shouldn't get hung up on girls from mobile games anyway. Good luck user

She sounds fucking nuts. Let it go.

Thanks for the reply, user. We had voice chatted almost every night for months, and I hadn't even contacted her in over a week because she had exams. I don't understand why she would do this out of nowhere unprovoked.

Lots of people are insane. Don't question it, just move on.

Elaborate and cruel method of blocking, dude. Sorry.
This is what seals it:
>After pointing all this out, they said that I was too attached to her friend, and they proceeded to block me and delete me from every platform, including in the mobile game. They said they would give her my contact info again if and when she wakes up.

The whole thing of mentioning amnesia is a huge red flag though. It's not only incredibly rare, but there's no reason to believe someone would "likely" have amnesia after a head injury.

Sorry man. She's a really, really awful person for doing that. It speaks volumes about the quality of her character that she can't just fucking tell you to fuck off if you were bothering her, or just literally block you with no notice. Either would be less shitty.

Hang in there dude, it'll get better. Just try to focus on something else.

>in a coma
>will have amnesia when she wakes up
I'll take things that never happened for $1000.
Even if there was evidence of brain damage in a specific part of her brain they would still say that she has a high degree of brain damage over guessing that she will have amnesia.
Amnesia isn't something that can be detected with MRIs and Xrays.
They observe it in a person and then have to work backwards to find the cause of it.

>I hadn't even contacted her in over a week because she had exams.
I'm completely speculating here, but it's possible that her exams went really fucking badly and she's blaming you for some sick reason for taking up her time during the regular year (as though she's not in control of her own self).

I'm not saying this would justify what she did. Not at all. But it's the best I can figure based on what you're saying. In reality, it could be just about anything. But nothing would justify her essentially faking her own death.

Thanks, anons. I knew these things were massive red flags, but I never had any reason to distrust her. She was always super positive and always messaged me first and I had a lot of fun playing games.

It's just strange. It's so hard for me to believe she would ever do this. She wasn't like that, at least I thought. God damn it all. Fuck me.

I feel for you man. Sometimes this shit just fucking happens with online communication. It's so fucking easy to conceal your mental illnesses for some people.

My exgf, for instance... we'd met online, had a long-distance friendship for years, then I went to meet her after we figured out we liked each other. She was nice for a couple days, but then started to get weirder and weirder, and then went fucking psychotic. Complete personality change out of left field. I'm glad I got the fuck out of there rather than trying to make it work out.

Another red flag is the whole "I'll give her your contact info if she ever wakes up." I wouldn't hold out hope for that, but don't be surprised if in 2-6 months you hear from her. I highly, highly recommend you ignore her though.

Oh, and I think you got part of the explanation when you started challenging her cover story:
>they said that I was too attached to her friend
I'm assuming you were talking to her directly but she was pretending to be someone else. Challenging the story probably put her on the ropes and made her panic, which caused a little bit of the her truth to slip out.

Again, I'm not saying her feeling trapped or that you were too attached to her (or any extension of that idea) excuses or justifies what she did here. It's not just shitty, it's a terrible, terrible thing to do to someone. Frankly, it's unforgivable. Not that I think you should have a vendetta or anything. Rather, I'm trying to hammer home the point that you shouldn't let this girl get back in touch with you in the future. Ever.

Very far fetched answer would be that someone is stalking her and hacked her account and is trying to separate you from her.
Though that wouldn't explain how they banned you from her twitter since she would have seen the message regardless if they blocked you or not.

Uhhhh...
Wat da fuq???

This is either one of her friends/family/boyfriend trying to fuck with you/cut you out... or this girl is one of the biggest fucking spergs on the planet and you’re probably better off without her since she sounds preeety fucking crazy...

Thanks for that post. All of you anons have actually completely removed my anxieties about this. Fuck her and fuck people that would do that shit.
I love you all more than you know.

Attached: 1476037675923.png (221x221, 93K)

Glad you're feeling better my dude.

I guess what was killing me was imagining her dying in a hospital bed like that, with me unable to do anything or even say goodbye. But now that I know it's complete bullshit, all the anxiety and panic is gone.

Your friend has probably been hacked.

Yep. That's why it was so fucking cruel. I'm really glad I've never been put in a position like that before OP.

Holy shit, what a fucking bitch.
OP you need to run away from her as fast as you can.

I couldn't believe it. She was never like this at all before. I really thought she cared. I swear I did.

This is a VERY common phishing scam, almost as common as the Nigerian general. Someone hacked into your friend's account to send this message. Your friend is fine. The crash never happened. If you wire the money the crooks will divert it and keep it.

I wish so badly that could be true. However, this "person" (which is just her) knew too much about her, referred to past details about her, and had access to her Twitter, Discord, mobile games, Steam, etc.

sounds like a stupid setup. just ignore them.

Yeah. That’s a tip-off that it’s probably not a random hacker. I mean, it’s theoretically possible it’s another beta orbiter like yourself, but not likely.

I guess in the end I was a beta orbiter, but it's not like I ever gave her money or even got clingy. She was the one that always initiated conversations with me and I hadn't even messaged her in a week when this happened.