I got in a fight about a month ago with a roommate where he locked me out of my room...

I got in a fight about a month ago with a roommate where he locked me out of my room. I kicked down both our doors and punctured a tire. He pulled a ball of hair out during a fight. Recently someone else fucked up his car fender, and our other rooamte asked if all I did was the tire (yes I told him, I'm dumb). When he asked if it was just the tire, I said in the text yes, (again, I'm really fucking dumb, and gullable). Of course, he told the roomate, now he wants to take me to a magistrate court, even though he apparently owes my mother $500 in security deposit fees. I just graduated college, and I'm freaking the fuck out over this, because I'm applying to top clearance jobs, and I know destruction of property does not look good. In another part of my defense other than the hair and the money, I was medicated cymbalta at the time, which may have raised my anxiety. I'm absolutely freaking the fuck out, because this does not look good by any means. It's given that I'll need to get a good lawyer, what can I plan for this and how can I stop freaking the fuck out/ feeling sick to my stomach? My mom's feeling even worse about this, because no one and our family has done something so scumbaggery.

Attached: howifeel.jpg (480x360, 27K)

To add, its on video me kicking his door, he's trying to say I broke in and assaulted him which is complete bullshit. I really don't think there is any evidence he assaulted me. He's telling my mom I did coke and smoked weed, only the latter was true, and no longer is.

Any law employers posting on this board would be greatly appreciated

Man, I like how I can make endless threads about quitting weed and breakups, but when I post a serious legal matter I get no replies.

Just gather evidence of the whole hair shenanigan and bring up the security deposits aswell. You should do fine in court with a half decent lawyer.

Settle out of court before he fucking files. Any of this shit would be a red flag on a clearance interview. Even if you win.

This, try to mend things out before the court gets involved.

Well I no longer have the hair clump, I have my roommate and could possibly get ahold of the campus cop, I remember the date.
He's so dense and bitter, I don't know how to settle anything with him. I tell him I'll paying for the tired I will just use it as more evidence. I think it's best I wait for the summons letter first before making the deal, considering the $500, he may back out.

I can't believe people on Jow Forums are being nicer about this than my older brother who tells me "Fuck you, you're an idiot, you're looking for my sympathy, and I don't feel sorry for you".

I'm not a lawyer but I got a quib for you and not a chide.

Unless you have it in you to delegate that a court be the magistrate, don't be so dead set on getting help. Make sure it isn't something you two can work out between you because if the courts find out that you found it in yourself to apologize and try and remand the court the appoinment, because courts need time and use it on a regular basis, you might find it more promising to issue yourself a magistrate of the court and offer the supposed plaintiff an opportunity to properly gesture to you that he actually needs the money before making his less than likely the reason that you can't get along in a situation where his word can and should trump yours which sadly for him and fortunately for you isnt how court works. If he has video of the assault and not just the son of the land owner kicking down the door to something he believed he had a right to object to a bit of distress, in trying to gain some of his tenancy, he has to prove that you have it in you to actually deal damage to his things rather than assune that you were kicking down the door to find him awake and not sick or dying because they didnt ask you that. Also if the text comes up just say you texted the wrong person and remind them that you have more important things to do than talk to people than mean to make your day a problem when you really needed to have a serious conversation about what was happening because you do need to understand that the whole conversation needs to be read, even the one part where you talk about smoking weed and doing coke *together*.
Take it easy man. If you pay you pay but if you dont at least you didnt get called up by being arrested for something he didnt have enough proof for in the first place. You would be saving yourself a huge load of grievance by not unloading emotionally in front a court that doesnt care and is possibly full of corrupt lawyers and criminals. Cant be good for the senses.

*If I try to tell him I'll pay him for the tire, he'll just use that as evidence.

>He's so dense and bitter, I don't know how to settle anything with him. I tell him I'll paying for the tired I will just use it as more evidence. I think it's best I wait for the summons letter first before making the deal, considering the $500, he may back out.
Eh. It depends. There’s some maneuvering you can do to force a settlement despite the guy changing his mind. So yeah maybe you do want to see a lawyer.

This was between me and my other roommate. I later cussing out over the phone when I find out he sent this to the guy. It's possible he recorded me freaking out on the phone idk.

Attached: Screenshot_20180514-121240~2.jpg (1073x1372, 329K)

Followed by this

Attached: received_10210078324189239~2.png (1080x1165, 88K)

>I got in a fight about a month ago with a roommate where he locked me out of my room. I kicked down both our doors and punctured a tire

>top clearance jobs

You're a fucking child and a liability to any company stupid enough to consider you for "top clearance jobs"

Thanks, that was definitely advice. Try telling me something I don't already know instead of power tripping.

Go ask reddit.

Original come back, please leave my thread, you are not funny.

If anything that text can be treated as bad english and you talking to a moron because sounds kinda like it doesnt count as a confession in court or an admission of guilt. Youll often find a bored and angry judge get so upset he takes to asking over a series of conjectures that some straighten out their replies to the point rather than disallow themselves the opportunity to be properly heard as citing the evidence.

I'm not joking you fucking idiot.
There is a subreddit called r/legal advice with lawyers and people who experienced the same shit.

Maybe this is why you get in fights -- you assume the worst in people.

That's what I was hoping to hear, it sounds lost in translation.
When you say "go ask Reddit" it's often taken as an insult on this site, as if I'm acting like a person from Reddit. I didn't mean to be hostile to your advice, I sincerely thought you were trolling.

My advice is sincere. Check out the legal advice subreddit. If you don't get any hits there try the personal finance one.

Advice on Jow Forums is just depression with popcorn relationship stories.