Greetings

Greetings,

I have been search for a job since graduation (been 8 months) and I have yet to find anything. I have applied for about 600+ jobs and nothing. I live in in one of the biggest cities in the United States (Miami, FL )

I have been on indeed, ziprecruiter and other various websites.

Anyone have any job search tips for me?
I have attached my Resume.

Thanks

Attached: can't get a job.png (729x720, 126K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mastersportal.com/articles/576/what-can-i-become-if-i-study-political-sciences.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

ever thought of applying to other countries for jobs?

bump

>ever thought of applying to other countries for jobs?

Can you elaborate?

>polysci+CJ
What'd, you get a 140 on the LSAT or something? What are you doing dude?

>What'd, you get a 140 on the LSAT or something?

I am not interested in Law school

>What are you doing dude?

Just trying to find my way in life after graduating.
I am sick of being poor

other countries where your skills are a asset rather than trying to find a job in a oversaturated market.

other countries are looking for computer people especially code writers. for apps, games etc

>code writers. for apps, games etc

I have none of those skills

>I am not interested in Law school
Why the fuck did you major in polysci and minor in CJ? That's like the standard law school path. Have you at least looked into it, or had you been interested in it and gave up because you got scared off by the numbers?

Just move. You obviously aren't getting it done in that city, so just get up and go where the jobs are.

>Why the fuck did you major in polysci and minor in CJ?

It was the only thing I can do. I look at the list of majors and it was the only thing that I was interested in and within my ability.

>Have you at least looked into it, or had you been interested in it and gave up because you got scared off by the numbers?

I am not interested in Law school, due to several factor.

1. High Debt load
2. At best, hit and miss job opportunity
3. My intellectual ability or the lack thereof.

I am very fortunate to not have any debt when I graduated and wish to keep it that way. I just am Kinda old (27) and want to have a decent income and start my life.

>Just move. You obviously aren't getting it done in that city, so just get up and go where the jobs are.

Where are the jobs?

I have applied to job listing within 25 and sometimes 50 miles and I get nowhere.

Well that all depends. Have you looked into apprenticeships? I know it might seems silly seeing as you just graduated college but you might find something you like better.

Bump

Dear jobhuntingfag

Standard advice here
Make looking for a job LIKE a job. 5 to 10 applications a day. 5x a week

Make SEVERAL versions of your resume that tailor to different employment fields

Realize the difference between a CV and a resume.

If you can't find a job to develop skillsets or qualifications, then create a small business or call yourself a "consultant" and develop those skillsets on your own. I learned audio design, marketing, advertising campaign management, scrum, agile, project management...on my own while running a 1man "creative group"

Look outside Miami. SOfla is fucking saturated with job seekers. I live in tampa, I suggest you think about possible relocation to orlando, tampa, or Jacksonville.

Personal advice here: you've a bit of admin and clerical skills. You lack industry specific skills. Highly recommend you look at the healthcare jobscape. Things like risk analysts, network development, data analytics, physician educators, HEDIS knowledge , quality performance etc....orlando is gonna take off next year. 3 health plans are coming into the market there and are going to push heavily during enrollment from Oct to dec.

Here ya go user, since you didn't like my apprenticeship advice.

Attached: downloadd4d6ca0b_ed_2f0_2fPictures_2fScreenshots_2fScreenshot_20180515-012357_2_2_2.png (1080x1920, 747K)

Thank You for the Advice. The job market in South Florida is not very good.

Follow up
You need to learn the following

Mail mergers -word and excel
Vlookup functions, pivot tables - excel
Database creation - access
Report creation - access
Presentation style powerpoints - PowerPoint (duh)
Sharepoint
Quickbooks (any small business wants this)
Get HIPAA certified. Awareness and security will run you 50$ max for the both of em.
Go get cpr+aed certified. It's a simple certification that also shows you want to have a strong core skillset of handling suit regardless of what field you go into

Consider getting six sigma certified. That's project management stuff. You can self teach, but the exams cost a few hundred bucks. This is key for any kind of group leadership stuff.

Study Scrum/Agile product development cycles. This will help and be good filler for resumes that want more tech oriented skills.

Start watching webinars on the various industries you want to entertain working in. Learn the buzz words. The strategies. The goals and focus of success in each one. It'll help when sculpting your resume and also give you leverage in an interview

Thank You for the information

Apply to a non-profit. Otherwise get an internship in something that's not related to your degree and leverage it for a job in the future. You should have a job in this economy user. It's not 09

How many Starbucks, mcdonalds, and dishwasher positions have you applied for?

>600+ jobs in 8 months
That tells me that you've put next to no effort into these applications. No wonder you haven't been able to find a job.

Two points:

1. The average job hunt takes 6 months, so you are only slightly behind the curve.

2. The problem always lies where you stall. (For example, if your resume gets you interviews but you don't get hired, you're screwing up the interviews)

If you don't even get to interviews, there is something seriously wrong with your letters and resume. Have someone experienced help you rewirte it. (There should be an office in your university/school that does that)

At first glance, your resume is too generic. Putting your skills first is fine, but they have to be tailored toward the job you're applying for. This may mean making several versions of your resume, each stressing the skills most pertinent to the specific job

I would change "knowledge of PC and computer software" to something with action words. Maybe "Proficient with Microsoft Windows and the Microsoft Office Suite" or whatever.

>bachelor of useless shit
>qualified to do data entry
>Hispanic

yeah good luck. I wouldnt hire you either.

Done. Thank You

>yeah good luck. I wouldnt hire you either.

At least I am trying.

Have some confidence man. You cant be that retarded if you graduated

All I see on this resume is "secretary", did you try applying as one?

>That tells me that you've put next to no effort into these applications. No wonder you haven't been able to find a job.

Can you please explain? With 600+, Applications, I am really putting the effort.

>All I see on this resume is "secretary", did you try applying as one?

Yes, and any job that just requires a bachelors.

mastersportal.com/articles/576/what-can-i-become-if-i-study-political-sciences.html

Your resume screams "I have no skills". Look up job reqs for the stuff in the link and get some skills.

There are other states that are doubling wages because they cannot fill positions...

are you one of those "not technically an american citizen" but still allowed to work here people? Cause if an employer even catches a hint of that sort of thing your application goes strait in the trash. No offense but its just not worth the risk and headaches and extra paperwork to deal with a non citizen.

I am a U.S citizen. Indeed, automatically puts that on your resume.

>polysci
>criminal justice

>zero qualifications

I'll be real here, amigo- your resume is trash and doesn't say actually anything. Just based on what you've posted you're best bet is getting into retail and working your way up.

>data entry experience
What kind? What are your metrics?
>knowledge of pc and computer software
Knowledge of? That doesn't mean anything. What are you proficient in, specifically, and what skills related to computers do you have?

>multitasking
humans cannot actually multi-task

>bilingual
>in spanish
Very few professional jobs care about extra languages unless you work with international clients and even then they can get some diversity hire who is a native spanish speaker

>clear oral/written communication
everyone should already have this, by saying you have it you tell everyone that you think you're special for having this, which makes you look dumb

the rest is just buzzword pabulum

Nice breakdown

Thank You for the insight. I understand I have zero skills, and want a job in which I can gain a marketable skill and provide a livable income.

here's a partial resume of mine from a few years ago. key takeaways are specificity and topicality

go work for walmart
they are panting like a horny preteen for competent workers and they are willing to train

Attached: uh1_01.jpg (1275x1650, 247K)

>listing has buzzwords
>applicaton cant
???

>employer can afford do-nothing words
>applicant cannot

Any other tips?

All I got was that my resume is shit and generic and to apply at walmart.

But the only reason that is generic is because I have no skills.

>Anyone have any job search tips for me?
Aprenda espanol gringo.

I guess the best tip is that life doesn't give unlimited redos and now you're stuck until something lands in your lap or you start scrubbing toilets
Temp agency my man

>Very few professional jobs care about extra languages unless you work with international clients and even then they can get some diversity hire who is a native spanish speaker

You haven't spent much time in south Florida have you?

Start taking civil service exams. It can take years to get hired, but at least you have a safety net.

>I have been search for a job since graduation (been 8 months) and I have yet to find anything. I have applied for about 600+ jobs and nothing. I live in in one of the biggest cities in the United States (Miami, FL )

Take anything you can get. McDonalds, Wendy's, UPS driver. It helps to have a job when you are looking for a job.

>they can get some diversity hire who is a native spanish speaker
florida is spic city

I have to say that the people who give advice dole out the most inexperienced, naive, stupid, and useless crap I've ever seen.

It doesn't matter what your question is. You can expect five 11th graders to parrot the shit they have read in some listicle on the internet in answer to it.

You are literally doing worse than wasting your time here.

oh user i love your impotent rage

Attached: jets.png (329x272, 139K)

>Jacksonville

Jax is a good possibility. There are lots of jobs there.

>Anyone have any job search tips for me?
Join the service. Go Air Force

>Air Force

I tried. I did very bad on the test

bump

There are also sites like Upwork where you can get all sorts of contract jobs from all over the world. There should be some you can do. Until you get some XP under your belt it will be small pay, but it will look damn good. Employers love someone who can work on their own.

I'll check it out, Thanks