Squandered my youth

>squandered my youth
>"hurr durr I'm gonna be a famous musician/painter"
>burned a lot of bridges
>started university late (23)
>hate authority/the idea of a boss figure

What jobs exist for someone like me? I hate school and am only doing it to enter the lottery for a decent career. I can do the work just fine, maintain a 3.8 GPA, teachers love me, etc. I just fucking hate authority and believe the current system needs a massive reform. Picking up a trade is out of the question because fuck that noise, and I'm too politically minded to join the military. I love music, art, and screenwriting but I'm slightly above average at each and am accepting I will never realize my long-held dreams. God fucking dammit I hate resigning myself to the workforce.

Attached: 1525083602922.jpg (1200x1200, 440K)

Unless you're self employed, nothing. Anything else you do, you're going to have to answer to someone and be accountable to someone. Can't handle that? Then you're essentially unemployable

>God fucking dammit I hate resigning myself to the workforce.
gtf over it

Fair enough. I just wish I'd get paid to read declassified documents and plant trees or some shit.

Is pursuing a business major worth it? I'm too empathetic to be a decent boss worth a shit. The corporate world would trample over me.

You are accountable to your consumers as a small business owner

Only people who win the lottery or have proven themselves to be insanely profitable are given genuine artistic freedom to do whatever they want how they want and get funding/paid for it.

Stop treating your boss/authority figure as someone controlling you and start thinking that you are partners working to make the same business successful. Don't think about the commie gibs shit. You'll do a better job and enjoy your work more if you treat it like it's your business, and then hopefully you'll earn enough respect to branch off and do your own thing.

I know all kinds of dudes who worked for a company and ended up making their own related product and starting a business with it,

It seems like you want a job that is meaningful which I doubt you’ll find in business. It’s not a bad field to go into though

business majors are worthless if you want to start a business. You get them if you already have a small business and want to take it to the next level, or are inheriting a business and want some legitimacy. They are also okay degrees for getting some management jobs or whatever.

I just don't think that's a nuanced enough position, though. How is, say, a McDonald's worker supposed to enjoy their job flipping burgers working for a shit-head boss who also squandered their youth and stayed with the company in order to survive?

I'm interested in starting a business, but have no idea where to start.

Yeah, I figured.

Interesting. I'm currently in polisci but it's a fucking joke, infested with SJWs and the like. Seriously considering business.

then run a business- oh wait
>accepting I will never
you're a quitter.

in no circumstance will you attract business partners or investors with this kind of mentality

you sound like a hippy mooching the system-why don't you just go teach arts in a highschool or TA or take out more loans, hope degrees and go sit on a hill and smoke pot with other arts and theatre students?

You think work is a caricature of what it really is. If you do a good job the boss likes you. Often times you talk shit together about the lazier less competent workers. You'll get promotions to manager and shit and that looks good on a resume and makes more money.

You're boss won't be an asshole if you are doing a good job. You don't have to "enjoy" your job, it's fucking work. But if you actually do more than what the bare minimum is to get by in it your quality of life with increase and it won't be soul crushing. You need to go partially on auto-pilot and stops thinking about how you are a failure for working at mcdonalds or some shit, just focus on the work all this philosophizing is just obstructionist garbage.

Exactly. That's what I said earlier. I'd be too shit of a boss to succeed. On the other hand, I have to resign myself to the workforce because I hate poverty.

Poli Sci is a meme desu. It sounds fancy but it’s not much better than sociology in terms of employment. 100% advise switching to business

Hahahahah get ready to work on an assembly line in a fucking car factory desu

Attached: 1526172760091.jpg (1042x675, 118K)

Nope you need to be a good goy. Dont listen to these cucks telling you to become delusional and adopt what amounts to stockholm syndrome

I relate to you a lot. I'm on a physics degree but spend all of my time daydreaming about being creative.

I'd tell you to get over it and work hard, but I'm struggling to hold myself to those standards. I don't know what there is for people like us, man. We represent things the economy doesn't value. Me and you, artists who aren't in the .1% of ability, it's a rough deal. Fame itself is kind of worthless, but how else would you make money?

Why not work for a local business? No towering corporate structure, just a small group of people working together. You mentioned planting trees, maybe landscaping would interest you.

Just marry a rich guy lol it worked for me.

Attached: 1520879739889.jpg (500x667, 89K)

Most bosses are individualist.

They want underlings that can think for themselves.
Sure, you need a year or two to show off your skills, because no-one knows what you can do if you cannot prove results.
But you can still be anti-athoritarian and be respected for it as long as you are curteous and always talk with respect, even when dropping mad bombs.

Learn to accept hierarchy you little shit, of course nothing is going to work as well as it should if everyone thinks they're above the system

>It seems like you want a job that is meaningful

Not OP, but what do you guys think are some meaningful jobs that don't require university? I'm not going to get into my own values and whatnot, just throw some ideas out there. Obviously I don't care about getting rich, I could be happy on a solid working class income, but minimum wage isn't really enough to live as an adult.

Haha are you me? if you don't want to the millitary, what about coast guard? You might be helping Americans that way.

Sounds like your dad never beat the shit out of u.

So your options look like this:
Have LIFE beat the shit out of you until you realize what an asshat uve been and how much u need to change

Or try to become a better person before the damage starts piling up. This is the best option. And it will require good amounts of patience, honesty, committment, appreciation and overall discipline. Basically, what u lack now, u can fix, or u will have to eat shit for your whole life and be bitter at everyone else when the truth was it was all your fault.

Keep growing up.

Middle aged lady told me that your 20s are less about Learning and more about Discarding all the bullshit you thought you knew. See where that fits in.

Not my fault since free will doesnt exist

Ya ok free will doesnt exist, that is exactly what i would tell the cops after i crushed both of your kneecaps for being such a precious little pussy. Im sure theyd let me get away with it after i explained that to them.

Fuckin grow up.

Just save up ten thousand dollars and open a covenience store. You wont be rich but you'll be your own boss and everyone loves neighbourhood convenience stores.

I also detest having to take orders from fuck stains but if you don't own your own business then you have to

23 years old is first of all, still very young. You have not squandered your youth because your youth is still here. In fact, going to university is the very essence of not squandering. You're making a good choice to be in university right now. Starting university at your age is not a big deal at all. You can use the career you start from university to give you a safety net of money to live off of while you pursue your other dreams on the side. The very fact that you're trying to problem solve to find your dream future right now is not squandering. It's much better to be working on being a painter while you're making decent money from a career.

In the meantime what you need is to keep looking up different music/art and screenwriting careers or whatever your dream is to keep searching for what you personally want to do to make a living. When you find what you choose, don't do it alone. First a mentor to teach you what you want to learn to make money. Pay out the ass to get a good one. You will learn it like 10 times faster. And then begin associating and socializing with people through facebook or w/e who are into the things you're trying to make a living off of. You'll get connections that way.

Ok so further reading I see you want to be a business major. You're probably looking for the freedom the money gives you from being in business. Don't do it. And actually being empathetic is a good boss quality. Just go after your dream. It's not too late. Ignore the discouraging responses from other ppl. You can still be successful. You can do it.

Here. I want to say this further. If you graduate university and don't like the career, that is actually good. It is good because, that job that you don't like will provide you with major motivation to go after your dream. You WANT the job because it will light a fire under your ass to work really hard on your dream because you don't like the career. Without such a job you'll be much less motivated to go after your dream. Use that dissatisfaction as fuel to work hard on what you really want.

achieving anything is not squandering. even if its a degree you'll never use.

It sure as hell feels like a meme. It bums me out that I know more than my professor does.

I've accepted that the way society is set up isn't the most rewarding nor is it suited for everyone. We ought to fight for massive reforms and change the system.

I used to work at a mom and pop sushi restaurant. Had a blast, made good money, but they retired. I'd love to work at a local business, but most seem very exclusive.

No shit, my best friend and I plan to marry each other and game the system if shit hits the fan.

True, but I find it difficult to suppress my anti-authoritarian objections. Guess that comes with time.

Considered it. Not interested. Best of luck to you, user

He was an abusive cunt which is why I'm so anti-authority.

I've thought about starting my own business in which we are all equally the boss. A democratic institution in which we all work together to sustain the business and ourselves. But that shit is hard to pull off in such a competitive world with corporate titans looming over small businesses.

Sure, but if I don't find enjoyment in the work I'm just plunging into debt, right? I guess I'll stick it out. That's the general consensus -- to bite the bullet and work on my hobbies on the side. Seems like a fair option, though one I'd have to get used to.

Swallow your pride, man. Our school systems make us think we're hot shit but the vast majority of people really aren't. Being part of the workforce is far more respectable than you think it is.