Cleanliness, it turns out, has been one dirty trick...

theatlantic.com/health/archive/2015/02/how-often-people-in-various-countries-shower/385470/
>Cleanliness, it turns out, has been one dirty trick. One reason early-20th-century Americans ramped up their weekly baths to daily showers is that marketing companies capitalized on the insecurities of a new class of office drones working in close quarters. As Gizmodo wrote last week, to sell products like "toilet soap" and Listerine to Americans, "the advertising industry had to create pseudoscientific maladies like 'bad breath' and 'body odor.'"
>Take, for instance, Gizmodo's description of the philosophy of the Cleanliness Institute, which was founded by the Association of American Soap and Glycerine Producers:

The trade association wanted Americans to wash quite unwittingly after toilet, to wash without thought before eating, to jump into the tub as automatically as one might awake each new day.

insh.world/science/fact-showering-daily-actually-bad/

>be me
>live in a office space to save money
>only shower once every 2 weeks when my parents pick me up
>notice a day after shower have a odor and hair is greasy
>3 days later smell goes away and hair isnt greasy
>notice that I smell worse after a shower because Im washing away the good bacteria
>hair is greasy after shower because Im washing away all the oils and good bacteria

Attached: Screenshot_2018-12-05-09-19-16.png (1080x2160, 662K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/YoIqN6cMAqI
youtu.be/vYTbxpSLMUw
youtu.be/XLmxkaNMl2A
youtu.be/lIBJFAsYSWQ
youtu.be/-WUvDgJVd6A
youtu.be/El9RVIl47ZI
youtu.be/622nXHK_J9E
youtu.be/VNn3i1aakIs
youtu.be/sJM2HLYtW38
youtu.be/nTn6UMzAgZY
youtu.be/vWeoen7hPhY
youtu.be/wl8XMUo9vcQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

t.nigger

t. Kike

>"the advertising industry had to create pseudoscientific maladies like 'bad breath' and 'body odor.'"
You don't actually think these things are invented by marketing companies do you? Are you a communist? Sad.

T. Nigger

I understand that this is really kike marketing but I'd rather clean myself than my sheets every 2 days

Lose weight for god’s sake.

Bad breath is an actual thing, user. You should wash your dick tho

>only fat people can stink

What if you work really hard for a living
Then you’re just supposed to drink and be covered in industrial filth?

Yeah I spent about 3 months not showering in Afghanistan. Eventually had my clothes cut off me from being medevaced. I sent the clothes home to my wife so she could smell them. They smelled like a goat’s asshole smoked a carton of Marlboro Reds.

yeah dude nobody smelled like ass before ad companies said so

I shower once and week and I don't use deodorant with aluminum in it. If I did manual labor for a living I might have to shower more.

T. Greasy pony tail guy that everyone avoids shaking hands with

Foreigners smell filthy. Shower you disgusting fuck

>t. Airport employee who deals with foreigners on a daily basis

I was thinking the same thing, also what about people who lift as well? Imagine the smell of BO and sweat.

> t. poo
:p

This is how you know body odor is real - walk by some fresh-off-boat poos.

I'm a diesel mechanic and I always shower when I get home.

Fuck dude I honestly feel bad for you. Just thinking about how many filthy Indians you have to smell is making me nauseous.

take multivitamins and shower whenever the fuck you want retards. literally not that hard.

I don't shower when I don't have to work but I need to shower a couple times to get the layer of grime off of me in general. I have a bulletproof hygienic solution and soaps hate me for it

a day to the lord is one thousand years to us.
keep that in mind, please, now let me sperg
all over your minds. every DAY you take a
SHOWER and never once do we think of
the fractal. the big is the small and the
small is the big. you are a planet a star
when you shower you are recreating
noahs flood EVERYDAY thus destroying
your place in the fractal, this is how you
stay unplugged from the higher nature
of God through Gnostic practice.

#stopfloodingyourworld

Attached: K14SEMcannabis-cover3.jpg (636x750, 446K)

>hot showers
That's the problem, you're cooking yourself every time you take a hot shower.

this is a psyop to make all """"alt-right"""" people unclean and unsanitary which = unfuckable

you're a literal retard if you don't wash yourself at least twice a week

Attached: ABSOLUTELY HERETICAL.png (1185x1029, 593K)

Work smell is different.
It coats your skin with pheromones using sweat as the medium. Gets stuck in the pores you see.
If you don't work up a sweat you're gonna have the same buildup but there's no perk, there's no upside, you just stink like shit.
How do you think people can tell the difference between the lazy and the hard working? Smell's different. Might not notice it, but the brain does.

You people are disgusting. I bet you all smell like Kaffers

I think your right I remember reading that hot showers basically fuck your skin and make you appear older. So to combat this it’s recommend to take cold showers since it doesn’t fuck with your skin/hair also doesn’t wash all the good oils away.

t. meleefags

Makes sense

>only fat people sweat/work/get dirty
yeah they produce more dirt but this statement is stupid

If you use soap and shampoo you're doing it wrong. Just do a warm water rinse and rub your skin down.

>pseudoscientific maladies like 'bad breath' and 'body odor.'
So you're telling me when someone has bad breath or BO that's just a figment of my fucking imagination?

work = sweat, daily showers are necessary unless you're some cubicle cuck

Shower once a week, maybe two. Temperature is body temp or a little bit colder depending on the time of day.
Gotta make the annotation that showering is one thing, washing yourself with a cloth and water every day works wonders.

I wonder if using filtered water enhances the experience.

>one dirty trick
the jews are behind it

>he doesn't take cold showers
>he doesn't use shampoo at most one every two days
>he doesn't use a natural soap

Yes..why do you think Listerine and gum and deodorant are pushed so hard on tv?

proper kek brittanon, guess you're not all bad.

Attached: dog smug.jpg (326x285, 29K)

You're a disgusting unhygienic weirdo. Kids like you (who didn't wash) got mercilessly picked on at my school.

He's telling you that it's not unhealthy. It's not fucking cancer, AIDS or niggerdom.
People lived in grime for centuries. It wasn't until the last 100-200 years that our view on that changed, mostly thanks to hygiene science and affordable plumbing.

>the good bacteria
does not exist on your skin retard
the only good bacteria is in your organs
wtf is bacteria gonna do for you on the dermic level?
literally skin keeps all microorganisms from affecting you in any way

and you're literally the only person in the world that thinks you smell WORSE after a shower
but really the premise of the ARTICLE (not you) is sound
your body produces oils in your hair and skin that is good for you
that's why I only use shampoo once a week
+ my hair looks ugly after Its clean
but if i don't work out I don't always shower

Ive never had anyone tell me I smell. Im a chef and Ive never had anyone get sick because I dont wash

>Don't use hot water
>use soap 3 times max a week
>use conditioner often
>wash your cock n balls and hole with soap tho

literally nothing wrong with any of this. If you want to keep MUH OILZ just fucking take a bath

Attached: 1543298100559.gif (300x224, 631K)

In my experience those aren't actually the best solutions to each problem

The best solution to bad breath I've found is brushing your tongue. At least with my tongue, it gets gunk on it - maybe because I have a shit diet or something. If I brush my tongue then my breath is much better.

And as for BO, the main thing is to just shower and wash under your armpits. Deodorant is not really necessary as long as you've washed properly.

But anyway, bad breath and BO still exist my friend. If you've never come across anyone with either then I guess you must have the best luck in the world.

No shit, you smell like spices.

Makes sense actually. I've had bad dandruff for 2 years now despite trying different dandruff shampoos. I'm starting to think that my daily showers are the reason why my skin and scalp are so dry, that I need the natural oils.
Only problem is
>I work a job that requires intense physical labor at times and also lift
>I feel groggy and sleepy in the morning until I take a shower, then I'm awoken for the day
Regarding the last one, I'm literally a zombie all day if I don't shower in the morning or at least splash my face. It's the difference between a productive and exhausting day and it sucks.

>Deodorant is not really necessary as long as you've washed properly.
God euros are fucking gross

yeah hence why the black plague happened
if the idiots just figured out soap very few would have died
which is why yersinia pestis only kills people in Africa and poor countries now

>NEW VIDEO ON #GDL and Celebrities naming the Jew, 911 and USS liberty
youtu.be/YoIqN6cMAqI
Here is an opportunity to learn some unique redpills from The Based Man
>the nature of Chaotic-Good and Jow Forums
youtu.be/vYTbxpSLMUw

>100th monkey effect and shitposting
youtu.be/XLmxkaNMl2A

>NXIVM child cult in Columbia
youtu.be/lIBJFAsYSWQ

>eternal Memetics and symbolism
youtu.be/-WUvDgJVd6A

>article 13 is the great meme Iconoclasm of 2018
youtu.be/El9RVIl47ZI

>prophecy of a cyber future IF we DONT act
youtu.be/622nXHK_J9E

>your leading a revolution and dont even know it
youtu.be/VNn3i1aakIs

>planned parenthood expose , legal sacrifice
youtu.be/sJM2HLYtW38

>npc meme 3 part miniseries starts here
youtu.be/nTn6UMzAgZY

>john titor time travel trump doc
youtu.be/vWeoen7hPhY

>ingersoll lockwood and Baron trumps wonderful adventure
youtu.be/wl8XMUo9vcQ

And LOTS MORE, here is a small window into a world you might not know

>Im a chef
Jesus Christ user, tell me where you work so I don't have to deal with your disgusting self polluting my food. You probably don't wash your hands after you shit.

Showering daily is not bad for you.
Using shampoo and aluminum laced deodorant, in the other hand, is.
Another case of leftists not understanding simple facts.
Also, arabs and indians should shower themselves with chlorine 3 times a day, holy fucking shit not even in my city market smelled such foul odors and I'm not lying when I say Mexico City smells like shit 90% of the time.

then splash your face user and quit scrubbing and scraping your scalp so damn hard and god damn quit using gallons of shampoo everytime you wash your head, use just enough to get it soapy and jesus god damn christ user use your hands on your hair when you rinse it holy fuck you can just let it sit under the shower head my god what's wrong with you

>>only shower once every 2 weeks when my parents pick me up
>>notice a day after shower have a odor and hair is greasy
days later smell goes away and hair isnt greasy
>>notice that I smell worse after a shower because Im washing away the good bacteria
>>hair is greasy after shower because Im washing away all the oils and good bacteria
I call bullshit
t. been without shower for a long time and smelled and looked like shit

Attached: 1514343328004.jpg (960x720, 147K)

humans are disgusting I honestly get ill when I have to touch another human I would be fine with being a lifelong virgin just to avoid physical contact. When I see hot chicks with some pudgy guy with a beard I kek heartily inside my mind at the thought of her level of disgust when she has to have sexual contact with him

>falling for the deodorant jew

Attached: Anime Retard.jpg (727x480, 38K)

What was your diet like?

no actually every single person would solve 99% of their bad breath issues if they just brushed their tongue
it's not an individual thing
for all humans like 90% of their bad breath comes from plaque and bacteria on the tongue
I never use moth wash and my breath never stinks because I always brush my tongue
I can tell when it stinks

>being a smelly nigger

>I sent my wife something that smelled like a goat’s asshole smoked a carton of Marlboro Reds.
And then soldiers wonder why they get cucked

i'm taking a shower RIGHT NOW because of this thread. OP swallows cock!

Attached: EVAright.jpg (250x250, 11K)

>greasy because washing away oils

it's never stopped me from getting girls user what's your excuse?
>nO dEOdoRAnt ! !

Attached: Pathetic Boom.jpg (1080x1264, 78K)

Of course he doesn't wash his hands after he shits.

Its a high end restaurant
You probably couldn't afford it

showering daily does not require shampooing daily
I have dandruff too and trust me if you never use dandruff shampoo again it'll get much worse
I only use it once a week though and it's pretty under control

I shower with temperate water and no body wash. Shampoo my hair, anus and genitals and that's it. I do this every 4 days

There is some valid points for both sides.
For example, an MIT professor hasn't showered in some amount of years, instead he applys a product he made.
However, how do you plan to wash off when you get dirty? Are you willing to clean yourself NOT using water, like the professor? Or are you saying you should not clean yourself at all?

Its better to shower every day then to not clean yourself at all ever. Unless you have the time and genetics (skin, oils, sweat, etc) to do the cleaning yourself without water, stick to showers bucko.

I give you faggots like 10 different (You)'s with useful factual information and you all just ignore me
dumb retards won't click on anything that doesn't have a flashy image next to it these days

The thing is they shower less out of environmental concerns and then proceed to use such products to make the one time a month they shower more effective, not knowing how counter-productive it is.

>he doesn’t make his own soap

>not scrubbing with baking soda

Showering feels nice and I shower daily plus every time after I sit on the toilet but I do not use any products. Just water.

Actually it was 5. And I read it

This has been the french philosophy for years. Paris might look beautiful, but it smells like Satan's asshole after two weeks of no showering, no shaving and no wiping.

I love showers... so nice and relaxing. You feel so good for hours after. I'm going to go have one right now.

I work out every day so I have to shower every day too.

Based homeless man advice, will follow if become homeless.

I shower once every 1-3 days and I have no dandruff and don't use dandruff shampoo.
>You shower once a week and have dandruff that's "pretty under control"

Attached: 1541119283980.gif (256x256, 458K)

Not really homeless. Im just not about to fork over 700 sheckles a month for a place to sleep, as I work two jobs as a chef. I rent a office space for $350 a month. Get heating and electricity free

.... you don't acquire dandruff by not using dandruff shampoo you ignoramus
it's genetic
if your born with it THEN you use dandruff shampoo so you don't get scalp flakes on everyone

I've tried that before and no one will rent to me.
Planet Fitness is $10/mo and has nice facilities for showers you brainlet

Haha I think it's funny you said
>you ignoramus
and right while I was typing
>you brainlet
Sorry about your DNA head-flakes user, don't get any on me please.
t. smooth scalpie

In essence Im out jewing the jews. The landlord asked me if Im living in the office space. I said no. But he knows that I am and said it helps with security so he doesnt mind if I am

and I said I use shampoo once a week not shower
I shower almost daily

halitosis

Youve got to stay away from big realators and go for a office building owned by a individual. Try Craigslist

Sure if you are an office monkey you can skip showering but some people have to take showers because they work with chemicals or other things that are harmful.

REEEEEEEEEEEE
I'M GONNA SCALP YOU AND TRANSPLANT IT TO MY HEAD

Attached: download.png (205x246, 9K)

I really can't be bothered reading all that, but I was once berated by a Soviet doctor, who assumed as a Westerner I followed US cultural practices, for daily showering. Damage to the epidermis was her main concern. I assured her that this was a purely American mania, and that once or twice a week is the norm in Western Europe.

Does anyone know where the daily thing came from in the USA? Some fanatical streak inherited from the Puritans, coupled with a slavish fawning over the words of Authority, in this case embodied by the white-coated mid-twentieth century (((doctor))). You know, the same guy who amazingly convinced your grandparents to mutilate their kids at birth.

Imbecile. We've had soap here since the Goths. Before that we used olive oil and steam to accomplish the same.

An allergy to the aluminum stuff runs in my family.

I like lukewarm.

days later smell goes away and hair isnt greasy
I'm sorry, this is complete bullshit. Hair grease does not evaporate. And the smell only "goes away" because you're used to it, you fucking indian.

>Comrades, it's time to take a cue from our sisters in Sweden and start living the stinky, hairy, unadorned life
kek

>3 days later smell goes away
Yeah, no. People can still smell you. Only you can't smell you. I quit smoking and I can smell people like you across the room. You smell like shit, like an actual toilet, like ammonia and poop.

Try it for a month and notice the difference. Hot showers lower testosterone levels as well.

keep telling yourself that bud

Ha, yeah I'll just go ahead and believe you over my lyin' nose

the existence of soap does not equate using it regularly or knowing what it does
but please go ahead and prove how much of an ignorant buffoon you are by telling us how the historical fact of not showering or washing hands during the European middle ages is just a myth

>3 days later smell goes away and hair isnt greasy
>notice that I smell worse after a shower because Im washing away the good bacteria
I know this is a bait post but to any autistic user's reading this just because you can't smell yourself after 3 days doesn't mean you don't smell after 3 days trust me you do.