Should I go to a therapist about an issue that's practically crippling me even if it's the most pathetic thing ever...

Should I go to a therapist about an issue that's practically crippling me even if it's the most pathetic thing ever? Everyone I've told just laughs at me, including you guys.

Attached: 1485220337131.png (163x209, 2K)

yes. the therapist has plenty of even MORE pathetic people coming to them so they have more than enough practice not laughing

That's kinda what they're there for, user.

But they're gonna laugh at me

So what is it?

then you can sue they

Not comfortable telling.

How would you tell a therapist if you can’t type it into an anonymous message board? I promise I’ll give serious advice.

illuminati thread

You can't see us laughing through the internet, user

Is it your virginity?

I went to a therapist and talked about it. My life improved. Not fully because of the therapist, but because he put things into perspective and I started having insight about how I react to things causes my life to be the way it is, and it has nothing to do with my virginity.

I obsess over some random person on the internet who seems like the smartest guy in the world and constantly wonder if his thoughts are the "most right" out of anyone else's.

He said it's the most pathetic thing ever so no they don't

Why do you think he is the "smartest guy in the world?"
Was there some piece of info that clicked with you that was true?

How is that thought crippling you?

I'd basically say no. In general being encouraged to talk about some weird shit in the back of your head just makes you fixate on it more instead of finding applicable solutions to your life and will make you annoying and self-important. Much better to find a like-minded person you can talk to in confidence to get it off your chest and get some real advice from a person who's not paid to do it. Most real friends will try to be understanding and helpful if they realize its a big deal for you and not something they're supposed to laugh about.

Oh I remember you, you posted a few weeks ago.

Alright, so you’re idealising a person you don’t know, because they seem perfect over the internet. Unfortunately, nobody is, and there’s no reason to think this person is the exception. Try getting thoughts from as many sources as you can, including yourself, and adopt an opinion that makes the most sense to you.
If this truly is your biggest ‘issue’ you should count yourself lucky, though a therapist couldn’t hurt, they sometimes stear the conversation in a different direction and uncover something bigger.

I'm this user I did the same thing about my girlfriends ex boyfriend. Basically started dressing and acting like him. Got laid a shit ton (yes, I cheated.)

I wouldn't suggest therapy, it is human nature to emulate others, especially if they have what you want. That is how children learn. I've done this my whole life. Copying other people.

Why do you think this is a problem?

Sorry, random No. at the end

Wroooong thread srry

>Why do you think he is the "smartest guy in the world?"

I guess because he always just sounds like he knows exactly what he's talking about, and nobody can ever really prove him wrong. He also just types with a sense of internet etiquette that doesn't come across as either too condescending or too insulting.

It affects my focus, and can completely change my mood all on it's own.

is it Elon Musk?

It's just that he seems to be always on the right, no matter what the topic is. You'd expect even the smartest of people to say something stupid every once in a while on the internet, but this guy never does.

I guess I should also mention that I first ran into this guy posting a different opinion than me about something. Dunno if that's important.

It's just some random guy who posts on forums and shit.

OP, Just tell your therapist you have a fixation.

It's very common to find people who are fixated on things and the things that occupy their minds are all kinds of things. Therapists deal with that a lot.

It's an easy way to summarize the way you act, without having to explain why or when or how you care about this thing in particular, they'll understand.

Whats important is not figuring out why THIS thing, but why your mind fixates on anything. theres nothing wrong with the forum guy and he sounds like an interesting guy anyway, the only issue is being fixated on him.

I might do that, thanks

this isn't even that bad

it's just kind of strange like that guy with the tile fetish

Is that it? Try being obsessed over a 13yo girl online and hoard videos and images as some kind of coping mechanism while being nearly twice her age. Talk about pathetic lmao

Attached: 1407752179030.jpg (298x212, 9K)

Find some clips of My Strange Addiction or another freak show of choice. You are not that strange.

>even if it's the most pathetic thing ever?
Those are the best sorts of problems to go to therapy for. They tend to be solvable. Therapists love it when their patients get better, even if it means they don't need more therapy.

Link the old thread.

So he has no following at all? Maybe you should contact him anonymously and see if it will humanize him for you... Or stop being a bitch since this is literally a non problem

Seeing a therapist is never a bad idea. I think everyone should at some point or another.

>this isn't even that bad

I've literally gone through a few years worth of his posts on various different sites. And everytime I do, I just become fixated on them and can't do anything else. My fucking heart even beats when I read his posts out of fear of him showing off even more how "perfect" he is.

give us some examples of things he's posted. we will humanise him for you. this is no different from a typical romantic obsession. you have raised a statue of this person within your head and it is without flaw and totally unrealistic.

>give us some examples of things he's posted

The last time I did that, you guys ended up tracing the arguments back to the guy and even sent him messages just for the shits and giggles.

Haha, that sounds like us.

Oh!
You're the debate user!

I dunno man, if you hang around anybody long enough, you're certain to catch a mistake.

The problem may be that you aren't looking for them in earnest to begin with. Perhaps you idolize this person to much, and fail to realize that you're actually warping your own perception to align with their views.

Stop being a pussy and just kill yourself

>waifuist is gone

>wants things to make sense
This is literally what therapists do
They elucidate on your issues such that they are presented in a format approachable to you

As a heads-up Peterson is same as any self-helper. And as a point of advice the world changes so much and so often that 'one right' is basically impossible.

An expert in his subject may very well be the best person to take advice from and have the "most right" thoughts on a topic.

I expected worse. Yeah, go to a therapist

Cut off all interaction with this person for a month.

I don't talk to the guy.

Jordan Peterson?
God I want to know who so bad...

Yeah, user has more of a creepy stalker routine, rather than any interaction with this person. He just follows his tracks around the internet reading and obsessing over every little thing that they say while masturbating.

I honestly would prefer if it was just pure infatuation, but trust me, that isn't the case.

Hue, that's nothing.

I have fucking Existential OCD. Every fucking morning I wake up and get barraged by thoughts like: I'm not real, my surroundings aren't real, the people I'm looking at aren't real. And then I spend like fucking 3 hours ruminating over all the ways I couldn't possibly not be real to make myself feel better. Then, on top of that the anxiety causes a dissociative disorder so I mentally feel like I have this high surreal feeling that constantly plays into the OCD itself.

I'm so embarrassed about it I don't even tell my family or therapist, despite how much it fucking torments me 24/7.

Attached: 1526176739695.jpg (702x468, 153K)

Lmao.

Attached: 1521504678851.png (500x375, 215K)

Holy shit I remember you

user if you'd tell us who it is we might able to humanize him FOR you

>tfw no will ever obsess over you and think you're always right

Attached: 84ee6dbf69459af4d746ce1c01241a596e4914cb_hq.jpg (386x381, 23K)

Or you'd just send him shitpost-like messages like last time.