Why should I be?

I don't understand life or purpose. People walk around everyday chasing after "dreams" and stuff, but fantasy never happens and reality is far less exciting even when everything goes right. Whether I find a "purpose" and work hard for it or I sit and do nothing, we all end up at the same place eventually. There is no destination, no winning and losing. Everything just feels so boring. Not suicidal or anything, but at the same time envious of people who have "found a purpose". Are they just deluding themselves, or am I missing something? I'm 20 and I think about this daily. Maybe I'm depressed, but I just think we're all distracting ourselves until we die and nothing has purpose. Thoughts?

Attached: Haruko Haruhara.jpg (790x494, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

whatcareerisrightforme.com
youtube.com/watch?v=lkXFBPGZpTM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why does life need a purpose? Why does everything have to have a meaning? Why can't shit just fucking be?

My life is so weird at times that I've become convinced that it's a sitcom, and I think some of my purpose on this earth is to keep things interesting for onlookers

Op I want you to read your post aloud then look at the pic you decided to use, you sound like the stereotypical nihilistic sad boy 20something dressed in there oversized wool sweater and tattered jeans/chinos sipping on life water ironically, who lives in their own opinion a bumfuck town where the only things to do are drink, drugs, and try to leave. While your aloof demeanor is at its zenith while you smile a top your old middle schools roof you can’t help but notice the cars going by at 12:05 midnight slightly wondering what they would be doing, quickly you stop this curiosity before fallling back into your aloofness for st least another 20 minutes before you return to your subaru hatchback/Ford 2004 Taurus and drive back to your parents home with your windows fully down while listening to the pillows or radio silence, you slink back into your room making sure not to wake your parents and lie in darkness for another deep 20 minutes before you resign yourself to sleep, while you toss and turn your mind can’t help but entertain ideas of grandeur where you effortless achieve all your desires while still being effortlessly aloof while still so cool and effortless. Then you wake up at 652 am then go back to sleep cuz it’s 652 am aka early af to you, then wake up at 11:21 where it’s time to start your aloof drifter coolness up again.

Ps if you really wanna know what people chase dreams that seem pointless it’s because they want to make them a possibility

Fooley fooley op fooley cooley

So kill yourself then.

You're fucking depressed, faggot
Go read a book or go clubbing, faggot
I was pissed at my friends for mostly ignoring me on our school trip today, but there was a small moment when our director was driving us back to our hotel when all 12 of us shut up in the van and stopped talking for like 30 minutes straight. I could sense everyone's thoughts wandering as they all thoughts about their fucking lives, I assessed their issues and asked myself if any of them are really any better or worse than me.
"Purpose" is a meme idea, "Meaning" is what keeps humans human, what makes us equals.
Hell, I believe that I'm living in a simulation, but I know that the systems within this test are beyond my scope of thought. Do you see me making edgy comments on le epic Jow Forums forums? Fuck no, faggot
Smoke a bowl and off yourself, or nut the fuck up and have a fucking kid
Faggot

Attached: 4bf8f51c5b7c68f9850c6049f50516c3.jpg (709x709, 118K)

Do You really want to know the purpose of life?, You should try to kill something or someone, after that you'll see the life completely different.

>you should try to kill someone
/adv (After Dark)/ is a scary place

OP, the only recurring and meaningful thing I've found in my life is to try to mean something to someone, in any way possible. Try it out a few times. Become part of someone's or some peoples' lives. It gives your life some sort of value - if not to you, at least to others. It's a starting point.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but it seems like you’re saying “excitement” & “fantasy” = purpose.

That’s dumb. Who put such a dumb idea in your head? Did you put it there?

Not OP, but this was fucking awesome. You should be a fiction writer or a detective, I can’t tell which.

Go for a small walk every day. Ckear your head man. You will find your path. You can always change course as well. Maybe take some time out and join the Civilian Conservation Corps. Plant trees. Try volunteering.

whatcareerisrightforme.com

Attached: Screenshot_20180513-115628.png (720x1280, 573K)

OP here. You know, I’ve heard that a hundred times and I agree with you. Ive kinda done that my whole life to cope with not knowing purpose or meaning, but at your request I think I’ll try a bit harder. I dont know, maybe I felt like someone could’ve found something I didn’t, but it seems like everyone has come to my same conclusion but they cope with it differently. Like we’ve all been just kinda dropped here sometime in the last century and we’re just staying happy and helping others do the same. And to the others no i will not off myself or others, just opening my mind to you all.

This meant more to me than you can know. I guess I should say thank you user.

OP here. Come to think of it, I may have. I think its possibly sometimes I overestimate my abilities to reach fantastical goals because I underestimate my self worth, and when I don’t reach them I get depressed. But yeah thats possible, and I’d rather not think that way but its kinda been ingrained at this point.

Serious question are you from Klamath falls OR?

t. Rory, Gabe, Matt?

Hey its OP. I like the idea of clearing my head. I think a lot of this could stem from regrets/unfinished business from my past keeping me from fully enjoying the present, like a roadblock to self actualization. I’ll try to clear my head, expunge my regrets, and live through my experiences not my memories.

Fuckin' ay. Saving this to copy/paste to future depressed 20 somethings.

Life has no intrinsic meaning. The closest you'll get might be the biological imperative to breed. But really, only pussy ass bitches need to get their "purpose" from someone else. If you need someone else to tell you how to define yourself then you might as well just offer up your ass for them to fuck whenever they see fit, because you're a bitch.

Make your own meaning. You aren't born obligated to anything or anyone. That's the best part of this shitshow

shit this was to real

Gotta untrained it buddy. Purpose in life is much more than fantasy and excitement the way a solid meal is much more than dessert. Go for the meat and potatoes - becoming a better person, living a better life through moral and upright action, taking charge of your personal development, etc. Those are the meat and potatoes. I think you’re too focused on dessert my friend.

>found a purpose
It's easy to find a purpose.
It's hard to work on it.

>morals

Attached: images.png (190x266, 5K)

I'm the guy you just replied to with that post.

Check this out. It's a bit verbose and weeb, but it's worth a watch.

youtube.com/watch?v=lkXFBPGZpTM

Also, character development is very important. You're the author of your own story, and you should try to write yourself into an interesting person. You don't have to have illusions of grandeur or compare yourself to icons - just simply try to be someone you'd find interesting. Therein lies confidence in yourself, eliminating everyone else's opinions about the matter.

Once you find out what exactly that kind of you is, try to live up to it. That in and of itself is a monumental task that even the most pious monks, disciplined warriors, or whatever struggle with. But it's something that's found throughout a lot of philosophies, writings, religions, etc.

Once you find out who you want to be, start surrounding yourself with people who make the story of your life more interesting.