How to solve the gun issue

I think most will agree that there is no real reason that a mere civilian should be able to own an assault rifle. It's obvious that AR-15 is a weapon of war and has no business on our streets or in our schools.

Now before you get angry, let's be clear, the Second Amendment does guarantee the "right" to bear arms but it does not specify what "arms" you have a right to. So with that in mind we have to take into consideration what the founding fathers intended. And there's no way they would have wanted just anybody to own military weaponry.

Look, gun confiscation and bans worked very well in the UK and Australia and there's no reason it won't be as effective here. The only difference is that we have the Second Amendment. The easiest way to handle that obstacle is to allow people to continue to own revolvers and single shot rifles/shotguns since those are both "arms" and ban/confiscate everything else.

The only way that we can truly solve the gun issue is if we, as gun owners, are willing to make real compromise with gun control advocates.

Attached: 383895929.jpg (628x472, 74K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xXYK4MNY4m0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Take it to Jow Forums

SHALL

Attached: 1541422551367.png (400x333, 91K)

Shall not be infringed.

if its not specifically stated what arms we have a right to wouldnt it be safe to assume that its a blanket term for any and all "arms" needed to regulate a proper militia.

Well we're not, so fuck off ((())))

Yeah just look at the UK. they are doing great now. It's not like people are just stabbing each other all the time instead.

Attached: Tiresome.png (1158x826, 2.74M)

>And there's no way they would have wanted just anybody to own military weaponry.

Except at the time it was drafted, thats EXACTLY the weaponry that people had access to, both military and civilian

S H A L L
H
A
L
L

N O T
O
T

B E
E

I N F R I N G E D
N
F
R
I
N
G
E
D

NOT

This is politics.

Not necessarily. The kind of guns we have today are so far removed from what they had back then there needs to be a distinction made.

Knives are not part of the Second Amendment but nice try.

>how to solve the gun issue
standard issue claymores for every child in the US

So i can keep my single shot 88mm cannon? think before you speak

OP, you do have a point. Too bad most of the people on Jow Forums are too blinded by their own lunacy to understand how right you are.

>AR-15 is a weapon of war
imagine being this retarded

>Not necessarily. The kind of guns we have today are so far removed from what they had back then there needs to be a distinction made.

The distinction at the time was the exact same shit the millitary was using. That the guns of the nation and the guns of the people were one and the same.

If something is too dangerous, we shouldn't be putting it in the trunks of police department squad cars.

BE

Jow Forums has a policy of not allowing threads about politics because they belong on Jow Forums, most people on Jow Forums are also decent human beings unlike many of the degenerates that are here. Jow Forums is a board of peace.

You have been blessed by Saint Bernard Goetz of the NYC Subway System. He will keep you safe from muggers & becoming an FBI Black on white murder statistic but only if you say "let him have another one Ben!"

Attached: IMG_8550.jpg (300x300, 30K)

Actually knives are a weapon and weapon is a synonym for arm

All weapons are covered under the second

>obvious that AR-15 is a weapon of war
No, they are not.
>but it does not specify what "arms" you have a right to.
Cringe. The government should fear/respect the people. That is the main principle of SA.
>Look, gun confiscation and bans worked very well in the UK
Ha! Got you, now I know you are trolling.

No. Most things are different today than they were back then. It's not an argument to go changing everything all of a sudden. Remind me again WHY you don't trust your fellow citizens with guns?

I trust my fellow citizen more than i do my government

It is my fundamental right as an American to own a tool which will permit me to protect myself, my family and my property with the most efficient and effective means available. An AR-15 is an effective and reliable tool with which to do so. The NFA is unconstitutional as is the laws enacted in cucked states like California which want to deny me the ability to choose the tool I believe to be the best way to exercise my 2nd amendment rights.

Attached: EoTech-512-vs-Aimpoint-Pro-Comparison-860x465.jpg (860x465, 131K)

>The kind of guns we have today are so far removed

Military has muskets so civilians have muskets
Military weaponry improves so civilian weaponry improves

HAHAHAHAHA!!! Guys it's just a (((faggot))). ID check LARP

delet dis b5 som1 cals u tarded

If we make compromises with 'gun control advocates' what is to stop the ball from rolling? AR-15s and similar rifles are not weapons of war. You can murder someone with a shovel - does that make it a weapon of war also? If the citizens of the US needed to fight a foreign or domestic threat,, any person with a firearm will be part of the militia.

>id

Attached: 1468658736646.png (508x494, 179K)

Attached: lqbait.jpg (600x589, 31K)

>If something is too dangerous, we shouldn't be putting it in the trunks of police department squad cars.
Police officers are highly trained to handle weapons and handle situations. You are not.

Nope.

Seeing as how "my fellow citizen" is the one who is always doing mass shootings I don't have a reason TO trust them. smdh

You know we can see you samefagging, right?

Didn't refute anything i said

>TheLegalMisadventuresOfCuckFinn.jpg

>he Second Amendment does guarantee the "right" to bear arms but it does not specify what "arms" you have a right to.
You're missing the blaring point that it also does not exclude firearms that may be owned by civilians.
>Look, gun confiscation and bans worked very well in the UK and Australia and there's no reason it won't be as effective here.
Knife attacks/Acid attacks/Be-headings up by what percentage since? Also With Australia, crime was already dipping pre-ban.
>The only way that we can truly solve the gun issue is if we, as gun owners, are willing to make real compromise with gun control advocates.
Right, our compromise is we get to keep guns, they get to be protected by those with guns. How hard is that to understand?

>I think most will agree that there is no real reason that a mere civilian should be able to own an assault rifle
Fuck off jew.

Fuck off (((you))).

Attached: 2nd amendment.png (625x605, 156K)

The guns they had gack then we're what the military had. Any gun law is an infringement.

Why shouldn't I legally be able to buy a FA without being subject to everything save for a rectal examination by some pencil pushing ATF shithead?

They had rapid fire weapons. Not an argument.

Attached: No_One_Wants_Gun_Control.jpg (640x884, 100K)

Its even more interesting when you realize that guns are subject to background checks when voting isnt and theyre both equally protected rights under the constitution

> I think most will agree that there is no real reason that a mere civilian should be able to own an assault rifle

LOL, excuse me WHAT? Maybe you and the other paid shills, but the majority of this board does NOT agree with that sentiment. Have you ever taken the entry fucking english classes in College? Have you heard of a fallacy? Opening a discussion with that is intellectually dishonest and shows your true colors you fucking SHILL.

>AR-15
>Assault Rifle
Pick one.

The AR15 is a semi-automatic rifle. Nothing more, nothing less. It just looks scary and is modeled after the standard issue M16, of which is a select fire weapon. The AR15 is not.

>Does not specify what "arms you have a right to"
>No way the would have wanted just anybody to own military weaponry
Cannons were encouraged, as well as ships outfitted with them by individuals. Puckle guns were machine guns outfitted for it. The Gatling Gun was available for civilian use if you could afford it

>Confiscation and band worked very well in UK and Australia
Still lots of violence in those countries, people will find a way. Australia has had a recent school shooting as well.

>Compromise
We have already made plenty of compromise with the NFA. The only thing gun-grabbers want is complete confiscation.

sorry sir, you are exercising your first amendment right without a background check
you're gonna have to delete that post

Oh, haha, that's not actually me. There's some other guy here at my university who posts on here too. I've never met him though. lol

neck yourself faggot. go to Jow Forums and have them explain what an assault rifle is.
or watch this video and learn something
youtube.com/watch?v=xXYK4MNY4m0

Google: Puckle Gun
not as far removed as you think

>A mere civilian
Nigger what?

INFRINGED

>we have to take into consideration what the founding fathers intended. And there's no way they would have wanted just anybody to own military weaponry.

Attached: founding fathers 2nd amendment.png (617x593, 43K)

Justification (prefatory) Clause:
>A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, (look at that comma, look at it!)

Operative Clause:
>the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Attached: 17AB0196-F5B8-4536-91A5-5BDC7BC98B8F.jpg (480x477, 51K)

Good point. Saged.

Assault Rifle 15. Why is that so hard to understand??

"Obstacle" = freedom.

FUCK OFF

> its obvious that

Entire argument falls apart when reader doesn't agree

>I think most will agree that there is no real reason that a mere civilian should be able to own an assault rifle.
I know all will agree, you are a retarded faggot-nigger.

Shit tier bait.

Sure kid

Attached: 1543199913906.png (720x757, 441K)

ARmalite, it stands for ARmalite.

>It's obvious that AR-15 is a weapon of war
You are a legit moron that knows nothing about guns.

ARmalite= Assault Rifle.

Weapons are for killing corrupt government officials and anyone else we need to kill. Not for hunting. Not for sport. It is unconstitutional to keep me from buying fully armed fighter jets, attack submarines, nuclear weapons, secret space planes, full autos, high explosives, etc. You stupid glow in dark ass holes need to realize the day is approaching

hey didn't the founders literally fight an insurrection against a military just before they drafted up the bill of rights? pretty sure PETA wasn't out there questioning the right to hunt rabbits in 1787. really makes u think..

Attached: d989749798b90f20ea4803e570ac215e--rds-federal.jpg (640x480, 112K)

Then give a reason why the average American would specifically need an assault weapon as opposed to a handgun, shotgun, etc. for a purpose other than just enjoying firing it.

2A only applies to muskets
1A only applies to printed newspapers

>I think most will agree
That's where you're wrong. Happy Hanukkah.

Wow. He's agreeing with you.

Terrible b8 m8.

You're a fucking idiot. The "AR" part of AR-15 stands for Armalite, the company that originally designed the rifle. Even the fucking Irish get this.

its actually illegal to post online, first amendment wasnt intended for online usage

You only NEED basic food, water, clothing, and shelter. Everything else should be banned.

If so, then why is the AR-17 a shotgun?

an easy solution to the gun issue is to shoot anyone who even suggests taking them away
or we can bring back the time honored tradition of the duel
now sleep tight kiddo never know what may be lurking behind that window shade
>protip: i have the high ground

Attached: serveimage.jpg (344x146, 8K)

Friendly reminder the first "machine gun" existed as far back as 1718, its called the Puckle gun

Also

Muskets become Semi and Full auto weapons
Cannons become Rocket Launchers, tanks and AA and AT weapons

“Military style assault rifles” is such a misleading description of the weapons you’re referring to.

It doesn’t help that people think the “AR” in “AR-15” means assault rifle (it doesn’t).

These rifles are semi automatic, do you understand what that means? You can’t just hold down the trigger. A bump stock gives you the ability to rapidly fire a semi-automatic weapon at the cost of a significant amount of control while firing.

In other words, a bump stock is pretty useless unless your only goal is suppressive fire. A mass shooter doesn’t have much need for that. The reports about the Vegas shooter using a bump stock were total horseshit. He used military grade belt fed machine guns.

Additionally, a rifle isn’t necessarily something you can sneak around in a society such as the US.

You can’t outlaw something because it’s scary and it looks like it could be something else, which is exactly what this is.

The fact is that if citizens have rifles, then can reasonably defend against tyranny. If tyranny does arise in the US, it will come with a split between a globalist section of the government and a nationalist section of the government. The nationalist section will have more support from the population, whereas the globalist section will have more global influence and power. Why else would there be this heavily pushed narrative to punish legal gun owners?

I would support amending the second amendment to add verbiage proclaiming that OP is a faggot and a kike who should be sodomized to death with a pinecone wrapped in fiberglass.
Beyond that, no additions or subtractions are acceptable.

Keep your guns. You just might need them some day.

Attached: 1543915183903.jpg (1500x1000, 249K)

this. OP needs to seriously get shot by a fucking horde of niggers.

Attached: dr sage and mr hide.jpg (310x394, 33K)

Just as the founders intended

Is it called The Bill Of Needs?

Didn't think so

>Assault rifle
What do you mean by this, OP? Please Clarify.

That makes no sense. AR isn't an abbreviation for Armalite, Assault Rifle makes more sense.

Doesn't mater.

>It's obvious that AR-15 is a weapon of war and has no business on our streets or in our schools.
See pic. Literally less than 8% of all gun murders are committed by rifles of all types. So AR-15 murders account for less than 8%, probably just 1% of all gun murders.

>and there's no way they would have wanted just anybody to own military weaponry
It was legal for civilians to own cannons and battleships during the Founding Fathers' time. Also, none of the Founding Fathers who went on to become Presidents ever tried to limit civilian gun ownership.

Andrew Jackson would literally challenge you to a dual for your post.

Attached: FBI stats on murder 2011-2015 rifles dindu nuffin guns.jpg (1716x1537, 278K)

only faggots want gun bans.

Armalite Rifle
You fuckwit

First off, there's no such thing as an assault weapon. However, I'll bite the bait. I use my AR15 for more than target practice:
>Coyote Hunting
>Boar hunting
>Varmint Hunting
I'd never use it on a deer, my shot is good but not good enough for a humane kill on a buck. I also have a .308 AR15, though. Which can be used for:
>Bear hunting
>Elk Hunting
>Hunting any large game in the Americas

Outside of hunting, it can be reasonably used for home defense - including defense of livestock against predators. I'd sooner take down a pack of wolves with an AR15 in a few minutes, than use a fucking shotgun.

>I think most will agree that there is no real reason that a mere civilian should be able to own an assault rifle. It's obvious that AR-15 is a weapon of war and has no business on our streets or in our schools.

Stopped reading here.
Fuck you.

what's the first two letters in armalite?
there isnt a rule that states abbreviations cant be the first two letters
see CA > california
stupid nigger

You can try and confiscate mine but you will need a lot of other people with guns and some will die.

For killing, you fool. To defend outselves. The founders intended for us to be prolific killers when the time came for revolution or defense

>I think most will agree
that OP is a faggot and a shill

>AR isn't an abbreviation for Armalite

You are right

Its an abbreviation for Armalite Rifle

Not what I asked. Whereas there's no substitute for food and water, you can absolutely buy guns that are not assault weapons. Tell me then: why won't the less-militaristic guns suffice?

Yeah, this is an ironic shitposting thread, but it's still good to share info.

And Armalite Rifle makes even more sense. Especially since it is factually correct.

kys faggot

Armalite makes no sense because not all assault rifle 15s are made by that company. It would be like trying to call all TVs "Sony's".

A state is not the same thing as an assault rifle, are you high or something? wtf

The word is assault. Armalite is not in the dictionary.

>Tell me then: why won't the less-militaristic guns suffice?

Because the people who you'd be fighting WOULDN'T be restricted to less militaristic weaponry

>HURR THE WOODEN SWORD IS GOOD ENOUGH WHO CARES THE GOVERNMENTS IS MADE OF STEEL!

So do you think pic related is a militaristic rifle?

Attached: gun.jpg (340x295, 7K)

Because you need military arms to kill the military. You are delusional and should have the second amendment exercised on you if you believe anything less