Looking for a place in the US which has:
rain, but not too much
snow, but not too much
minimal bugs and creepy crawlies
green grass and deciduous trees
some mountains
[spoiler]not a liberal hellhole[/spoiler]

Help?

Attached: Homestead.jpg (1600x1068, 1.6M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Midwestern_cities_by_size
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cities_in_Texas
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

North Carolina, more inland if you aren't afraid of twisters

Go live in a forest bud

I am afraid of twisters tho.

Then North Carolina

Inland then. Try Idaho if you don't like forest also. It's all plains and farmland mostly. Well there is forest but not much

Decent places to live outside the cities? I'd like to be rural but within twenty to thirty minutes of a decent sized town.

I live in NH, what I know about the Carolinas is that there is no civilization outside of the cities

To be fair, isn't that true of most places?

>I choose where I live based on two criteria
>no liberals, and no creepy crawlies
and ur telling us ur a big boy? what about things like the local economy, and your life goals?

Oregon is nice. I have no idea if it's liberal or not.

Oregon is mega liberal. You can get the docs there to kill you (on purpose).

It's the picture they put in the dictionary next to "Liberal Hellhole"

>two criteria
I mean... there were other criteria I listed?
>local economy and life goals
I'm a surveyor, so I think that as long as the local economy isn't completely moribund, I'll be okay. As for life goals, I just want to live more or less comfortably, with a stay at home wife and three or four kids in a place where no one will bother me all that much.

I'm not just talking about your income. If you plan on having three or four kids, the local economy is going to dictate their quality of life: quality of the school system, quality of the local healthcare systems, quality of law enforcement, quality of neighbors, quality of employment opportunities...

If I were you, I'd look at Virginia.

If that's not country enough for you, there are a few large cities in the Midwest worth considering. If you live within driving distance of the city, but not in it, that's a lifehack for anyone who wants to live suburban or even semi-rural.

Definitely stay away from Appalachia, or really any cartoon of a town that exists because of a coal mine or a single Walmart.

Texas is an option too, though it's too hot and I hear it's a different universe.

Fair enough. I guess I figure the geography will determine the general area I look in, and then I can narrow down the city or town further from there, using the criteria you mention.

Cool. Yeah, every state probably has a nice area for rich people to live. I'm just trying to look out for you and any hypothetical kids you may have.

I know that conservative media targets liberals as immoral and soulless, but that is a stereotype that exists because of places like Los Angeles and New York City and some of the disgusting media that comes from those places. I don't know a lot about Oregon, but I'm sure that there are conservative people living there happily.

>Geography
I live in New Jersey and, despite the flack it gets for its most fucked up urban areas, it has really beautiful lakes and farmland. Most of the United States has a lot to offer in that respect.

Definitely not rich.

And I didn't mean to sound dismissive or something, and I appreciate the advice.

I don't have a problem with liberals, per se, but I do have a problem with liberal governments. That's more what I'm trying to avoid.

I'm actually kind of a state's rights person, so I definitely understand.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Midwestern_cities_by_size

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cities_in_Texas

Oregon, minus the 3' of snow.
Liberals exist here but they reside on the west coast. Everywhere else is full of good, old fashioned racist white people.

Sounds like my kind of place.

I live in Kentucky, checks off pretty much all your boxes.

Nice land, cheap, not liberal, Appalachian mountains.

Lexington or Louisville are the bigger cities, lots of stuff to do, but eastern Ky is full of cheap secluded homes if that's what you're looking for

Conservative to me means not having a daughter who fucks fifty dudes and does every drug in existence, but that seems to be a thing of the past here in luxurious New Jersey. But, hey, at least I'm still white.

Long Island NY. Specifically suffolk county, on the north shore.

It's liberal only in the sense that people aren't dicks to people for being minorities/different. But you'll never really have SJW shit thrown in your face either. It's got trees, got small cities/villages. Has farms/rural areas. 1.5 hour drive from mountains. 45 minutes to an hour from Manhattan. Forests everywhere. Long island sound if you're into kayaking. South shore beaches if you're into surfing. Not many bugs. A bit of snow in the winter, a bit of rain in the spring and fall. Also some of the best STEM schools in the nation. Extreme heat or extreme cold are rare.

Downside is you need to make around 80,000 consistently to afford to live there. Middle class families generally pull six figures. If you go there making 30k a year you'll end up homeless. That's the only reason I left.

Also, some of the lowest crimerates in the entire U.S and some of the best public schools as well. Almost everyone living there is a professional. If quiet little villages with woods nearby are your thing it really can't be beat. Just as i said, the downfall is it's expensive. Mostly because it's one of the best places to live in the U.S.

I've been all over now. From Montana down to Florida, Minnesota, Washington, Colorado. None of these places compare.

Sounds pretty good, user. Thanks for the tip

don't if you hate liberal hellholes, every big city in the south is pretty much completely liberal
the south has some states that are democratic south or are that way in the big cities. if you go there stay away from the big cities they're shit, just at least live outside of them or something. I recommend tennessee though because the only liberal place is nashville and it's still conservative

the only dixie states left are south carolina, tennessee, georgia, west virginia

the rest are democratic south and should not be associated with if you dont want liberal hellholes and even south carolina has a few like myrtle beach and charleston but the rest is fine, greenville is a rare bigger city that is really based, columbia is based they still have rebel flag and monuments I think I"m not sure. south carolina has no snow and lots of creepy crawlies though and no mountains really unless you're around greenville/rock hill there's some hills but not really mountains just huge hills

You'll have to research bugs yourself. However these states are relatively free of Fire ants.
Eastern Montana, Far north Texas, Top Half of Oklahoma, And Kansas.

Attached: NarrowingSearch.png (1024x1538, 1.29M)

Holy shit, user. That's fantastic.

Are you going to buy a normal house or try to build something unique and live off the land? If the latter, you kinda need a liberal government to allow that sort of thing. Conservative governments see that as devaluation of the community tax base...

Virginian here - was just going to suggest VA too. Politically, it's purple. COL is not bad. Weather is ok, though we do get a few days of snow a year and it's colder between about Nov and Feb. And is very verdant and green because of regular, normal rainfall

NO! Fuck this state. Fatties everywhere.

Wyoming. Montana. Don't be a pussy op

Indiana. Just don't live near people. Most of them are your average trailer trash with confederate flags and fat bellies and what-not. Matches the environment you want pretty well, though.

But there's too much snow there, user

So crazy stuff. I want to get a normal job with a normal house, just a ways away from the urban hell.

Wyoming. still cheap as hell, lots of undeveloped land, only thing you'll have to deal with is snow. you could seriously buy yourself 20 acres for the cost of renting out an apartment for a year.

Texas is everything you asked for besides snow, and cheap

Colorado is everything you asked for except a liberal hellhole