Work at Toys R Us

>work at Toys R Us
>employees are jumping ship
>one of the few left who's been there for a year+
Should I demand that they make me a manager? It would look great on a resume.

Attached: dogattacksbaby.webm (400x400, 1.26M)

>Toys R Us Manager May 2018 - May 2018
No

or dont mention it.

op yes. nothing to lose.

I'm thinking about it for real. Almost everyone has jumped ship.

Not sure if you were just being humorous but you don't demand to be made into anything. You just ask for a chat with your supervisor and tell them you'd love to grow further and take on more responsibilities. Then you can slyly point out that you've been around for relatively long and other good assets.

Also, why not. It's worth trying.

You heard that Toy R Us is closing most or all of it's stores, right? Read the news? You should probably be looking for a new job anyway.

That's the point. There's no harm in making me a manager now.

Exactly do it, nothing to lose and manager in the resume tells people you had responsibility.
Tell them how loyal you have been and what a great asset to the store you are.

Plus you might earn a few extra monies.

I mean yeah, a store NEEDS a manager if it's one of that size, they gotta have SOMEBODY. Now chances are they'll send someone from corporate but how stupid would you feel if they hired someone new on to be your manager?

Not very since the store would close and that manager loses his job anyway.

Becoming a manager takes training that they don't have time to give you. They especially won't want to give you store opening and cash handling duties if you DEMAND it, because they'll assume you just want to steal.

There's a reason most companies close Thur stores without warning.

Isn’t the store being liquidated by an outside liquidation company? In that case, you work for them and not Toys R Us, so they will not be looking to promote anyone, the person in charge of your stores liquidation is the manager now.

Just stick it out til the end and look for work.

Yeah just go for it. Don't listen to these fags saying not to. You're gonna be out of a job soon anyway and you've got nothing to lose. Worst case they say no and you get laid off for reasons unrelated and no one has a sour taste in their mouth over you making a power play because you don't work with any of those people anymore.

Yeah if you're gonna stay on with a company you don't make demands because you become known as that guy but you're on a sinking ship.

What if I just put manager on my resume? Will people even know?

Probably not desu.

Yeah do it.

Go ahead and ask for some sort of title. It will be something on your resume and you can spin it like you were loyal to the company and stayed on through the transition to blah blah blah store closing.
Also a word of advice to all anons it never helps to badmouth a former employer or boss.

>It would look great on a resume.
It .. Would not. See >Will people even know?
Yes. Have you ever heard of reference checks when seeking employment? Referenced work history doesn't mean much for a starting position such as stocker, but for positions of responsibility such as management, they would check with your previous employers.

However, that does beg the question of what you CAN get away with when citing work history with Toys R Us. After the company shuts its doors, do you know who you are able to put down as a company contact in order to list Toys R Us as a reference for future job applications? If there isn't anyone for a future employer to do a reference check with, you could possibly turn a (for example) one-year period of employment with Toys R Us into a "three-year" "period" of "employment." Like I say, this could only conceivably work with a starting position with low responsibility, but it would "demonstrate" your stick-to-it-iveness.

Give me a discount on toy trucks OP.

Attached: angryyyyy.jpg (480x460, 19K)

Try to become a manager there then jump ship if you need to and take your management experience with you.

Fuck you, you little cunt. Those are our hottest selling items.

How about I give you a discount on our toy prius instead? Nobody wants those.

Attached: NB9T256-5.jpg (550x376, 29K)