User, I bought a used car a little over a month ago and it already broke down...

user, I bought a used car a little over a month ago and it already broke down, radiator was leaking into the transmission. It will cost 6k and my extended warranty won't cover it (doesnt cover radioaors so they dont want to cover the transmission repair .

I don't know wtf to do, I don't have 6k, can I sue the used car dealership for fraud? What else is there?

Attached: 1520889531001.jpg (579x645, 71K)

>I don't know wtf to do, I don't have 6k, can I sue the used car dealership for fraud
>a month ago
ITT: OP doesn't know what As Is means
Don't feel too bad, a lot of people fall for it the first time

Isnt covered by defraud though, from what i read
I could maybe prove it. I had taken the car into the delearship a week ago, they checked it and told me it was alright and the violent jolts were "normal"

If i can get them to admit they said this and record it. Think itd be good enough evidence?

What state are you in? In some states there is a used car warranty if you bought the car from a dealer. Do you trust the mechanic who diagnosed the issue? Radiators are generally not connected to the transmission. What type of vehicle? Some cars do have transmission fluid coolers built into the radiator. Unlikely that this is a $6k repair. You could always come see me and trade it in.

Radiator was leaking onto the transmission? Have you had an independent look at this? The dealer is not your friend. 6k for what exactly?

I ask because I can't see how a sudden and catastrophic radiator leak (ie within 1 month) can fuck 'transmission' (what aspects?). It sounds more likely - if this is indeed the fault that it was present when you bought the car.

Also 6k. I know different cars and different brands have different costs, but this is a lot of money. Again 'transmission' doesn't tell me anything, but you can buy an awful lot of reconditioned gearboxes for 6k. Depending on the car gearboxes aren't THAT hard to change.

You have two issues. One is your car needs fixing. I'd be very surprised if another garage doesn't quote a lot less to do a very different job. The other is your dealer is refusing a warranty claim.

I'd get an independent assessment of the problem and the likely cause. I'd ask the dealer to make it right based on the warranty if I felt that it was warranted. If they refused I'd get it fixed elsewhere if feasible and I'd research exactly what my rights were for recovery or some kind of action.

Here I could reject the car within 30 days outright. Cancel the sale like it never happened. I'd still be fucked on taxes and insurance costs and stuff I'd have to sort out, but I could drop it off no questions.

Its a nissan pathefinder. I got it checked by nissan. The original warranty already expired the first month which was when the extended one kicked in

You can't sue them for being bad at their jobs
Never get a car inspected at the place you buy it from, now you know

Well after they "checked it" we got it checked at a nissan shop a d this is when they told me about it. I assume the dealership lied

Yeah i got it independently checked, even in other shops itd be in the thousands.

Looks like a common issue for pathfinders. . . Whats the year and mileage?

Attached: Screenshot_20180517-123822.png (1440x2560, 298K)

Shit. Didnt know that. Its 2006, 129k (says in current odometer milage)

Probably shit out of luck. What state are you in? Is there a lien on the vehicle?

MN, Idk about the lien, never checked. Am total n00b, literally my first car bought at an actual dealership.

And this, my dear anons, is why you buy a cheap-as-fuck econobox brand new. Even if you have to finance it (you probably will)

> No issues that will cost you extra money for years
> Better milage than 5-15 year older cars
> Better safety (compared to medium/small cars in the same original price range)
> More luxury

Seriously, you can finance a car at a couple of hundred dollars a month with a sunroof and heated seats. Brand new.
It's gonna be small, but for a new driver or someone with not a whole bunch of cash, a financed econobox is not a bad idea at all.

Yeah, you can buy a solid-body, made-in-cast-iron, V8 turbo giant motherfucker car for cheap that will "run forever", but every tiny bit of repair will be hilariously expensive (for the mechanic at least, probably not so much for you)

Is there a way to get info on the previous owner from the dealership? I need to know if they legally defrauded me or not. Last time i buy from Mexicans.

I meant do you owe money on this car?

Nobody defrauded you and no, you can't get info on the PO from anyone. Even if you could what would that accomplish? In MN used cars with more than 75k miles are sold "as-is" which means there is no warranty, express or implied. This means even if the dealer knew about this issue they have no legal obligation to tell you, not sell you the car, or, fix it.

Your options now are to sell or trade the car, and buy a new car. Or buy a bus pass.

>>/o/

Don't go to the stealership, take it to an independent place and they'll knock off a lot. Better yet, do it yourself.

Yes

I'll probably just try to trade it in, if it doesnt work, idk then

That's what you get for getting an automatic.

It's hardly fraud, they can't predict the future. Get a used tranny put in, will be nowhere near 6k. What car?

>nissan pathefinder
I'm the guy above. This is a well know problem on these op, should have done your research.

My question is how the fuck can a radiator leak into the transmission? The coolant system is nowhere near that part. It could leak into the engine yeah, and burn along with gas fucking up your engine and failing any environment test. But transmission??

The transmission is either under the car or fixed to the engine and even though coolant pipes pass over it, it's completely sealed.