Women out of US military?

independent.co.uk/life-style/us-army-fitness-test-new-combat-endurance-injury-strength-deadlift-sprint-agility-soldier-a8668626.html
The new test is gender neutral and part of the U.S. Army's new physical fitness test is a requirement to deadlift 345 pounds 3 times
Is this the Army's way of unofficially removing most women from the force?

Attached: CAQD5Vd.jpg (1502x998, 286K)

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BgjsIXxHPeV/
independent.co.uk/life-style/us-army-fitness-test-new-combat-endurance-injury-strength-deadlift-sprint-agility-soldier-a8668626.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

12:45 2 mile run? Few relatively fit male soldiers can do that. I was pt champ of my platoon and my time was only 11:45.

I'm assuming that's for the maximum score but who knows, maybe Trump wanted an Army of captain Americas
Also, what was your MOS?

Talk is... there will be 3 sets of requirements based on occupation.
Light/medium/heavy duty

Hanguing crunches is on the list & so is a new narrow push-up where palms leave ground each rep :/

Considering that it is a soldiers job to be a soldier first, whatever MOS 2nd, this is a good change. It will weed out basically every woman from being able to enlist, and most of the welfare queens that just want an EZ ride. Now to go after the fat fucks that sit around on a medical profile for years, avoiding PT tests.

Those are for the max. The test is actually easier for the minimum, but it is broken up by job so infantrymen will have to adhere to a higher standard.

Attached: 1531982069971.jpg (1023x673, 107K)

This
Everyone in the military, regardless of MOS, should be coming ready
Also our military is packed full of people who gain a LOT more than they sacrifice and they still get honored for being "veterans"

But the test is actually broken down by MOS. For POGs, the test is a lot easier to meet the minimum on.

Well shit
Will it at least keep women out of combat MOSs?

Deadlifts are next to useless and the average man cannot deadlift 345. I could see two plates but 345 requires regular lifting which the average 18 yo does not do.

345 is for maxing it.
Hopefully, the original standards did too, until they lifted them. Women don't really want to do it anyway because it's a real shit job.

Attached: 1531981371036.jpg (3818x2678, 1005K)

And big guys who can lift a shitton have next to no endurance so they sure as hell are not going get a mile in record time

we need to shift away from thinking we need to carry the entire fucking survival kit and towards being able to know how to shoot and take cover. carrying 40lb plus equipment is killer on your joints for long periods so no shit you have injuries and having a huge deadlift doesnt change the fact that your carrying 40lbs up hills for hours at a time. theres a reason why you dont train with weights on your ankles or chest or whatever you're not a anime character. the goverment needs to lighten the amount of shit you carry and keep it minimal. if you cant keep your supply lines up fighting desert niggers you have no business fighting a war.

345x3? Shit, I doubt 5% of the armed forces could pull that off.

Yeah, I agree. The infantryman of today is carrying way too much shit and isn't mobile enough to outmaneuver the enemy. The model of patrolling until you get shot at or blown up is a dumb one. The Rhodesians had it right with rapid envelopment tactics that quickly surrounded and destroyed the enemy. Carrying a 100 pounds of shit everywhere is just counterproductive. Military procurement isn't about effectiveness, but who gets the most kickbacks. ACU, F-35 and M249 are perfect examples of that. The SAW in particular is retarded and we had something better (pic related) decades before.

Attached: 1416520583890.jpg (654x960, 117K)

The SAW uses 5.56 though so that makes logistics easier, also means you can carry more ammo as 5.56 is lighter.

Yeah, I get the point of the LMG as a concept, the problem is that the M249 is a shit tier execution which weighs too much, isn't reliable, and is just generally poorly designed. The M249 weighs 18 pounds unloaded, which is 2 pounds more than the RPD, a LMG designed by the Soviets during WWII. Having something like the Stoner 63, Ultimax 100, or the KAC LMG would be way better in every respect.

Attached: _78909268_10b1ab95-8c94-41eb-9d3e-94a09389e983.jpg (624x351, 64K)

it took me six months to get to 345 and about a year and a month to get to 440 lbs

its just not realistic.

average man deadlifts two plates and gets through life just fine; desert niggers arent asked if they can deadlift tree fiddy they just asked if they willing to die for they country and god which is all you need.

average mans strengths are
2 plate deadlift
1 plate squat
1 plate bench
Can bicep curl 35 lbs

and they usually dont surpass that; most people spend there early 20s trying to get strong and then realize its all for nothing because modern world doesnt require strength and women dgaf. dadbod is the attractive look for men these days women dont like super musucalar men and frankly average guy doesnt have time to look like zyzz or lift like the mountain. the army should be looking for ways to become more accesable better yet shift from meat shields to mech warriors like drone pilots.

t. years of watching people lift in commercial gyms

Well aren't they going to switch to the M27 at some point.

Also yeah others may be better but often contracts for stuff like this are done in a retarded way so they don't often get the best product.

The M27 is kinda retarded too since it isn't a real LMG, just a nice 416. Hard to say whether it's better or worse than the M249 for that role. That's just the USMC anyway. America's arms procurement system is completely fucked.

What are you talking about? Teenage girls can deadlift more than 340lb

instagram.com/p/BgjsIXxHPeV/

Surely a bad ass soilder can?

Lol what? The military wastes years of your life and you learn jack shit of any import. You might learn somewhat of a technical trade but it won't get you far in civil life. Degrees are meme garbage to begin with and the gi bill is rarely used for anything else. I used my gi bill to get a master's and it was as worthless as the military. You leave the military too old to train (companies want fresh blood they can invest in) and your pension (if you stay long enough to get one) only serves to take the hunger out of you and makes you soft and content with mediocrity. My kids will join the military over my dead body. I actually revere veterans because I know how much opportunity they lost out on. But it took me reeducating myself as an entrepreneur to fully understand that.
>t. west point grad & vet who left the army and started his own business

>independent.co.uk/life-style/us-army-fitness-test-new-combat-endurance-injury-strength-deadlift-sprint-agility-soldier-a8668626.html
This new test will put 99% of Jow Forums out as well.

What fuck is 1 plate? Like why you can fucking talk in kg or lbs ffs?