Remember when the UN sponsored a study of Jow Forums?

>Although it has been a part of the dark underbelly of the Internet since its inception, recent events have brought the discussion board site Jow Forums to the forefront of the world’s collective mind. In particular, Jow Forums, Jow Forums’s “Politically Incorrect” board has become a central figure in the outlandish 2016 Presidential election. Even though Jow Forums has long been viewed as the “final boss of the Internet,” it remains relatively unstudied in the academic literature. In this paper we analyze Jow Forums along several axes using a dataset of over 8M posts. We first perform a general characterization that reveals how active posters are, as well as how some unique features of Jow Forums affect the flow of discussion. We then analyze the content posted to Jow Forums with a focus on determining topics of interest and types of media shared, as well as the usage of hate speech and differences in poster demographics. We additionally provide quantitative evidence of Jow Forums’s collective attacks on other social media platforms. We perform a quantitative case study of Jow Forums’s attempt to poison anti-trolling machine learning technology by altering the language of hate on social media. Then, via analysis of comments from the 10s of thousands of YouTube videos linked on Jow Forums, we provide a mechanism for detecting attacks from Jow Forums threads on 3rd party social media services.

Link to PDF:
arxiv.org/pdf/1610.03452v1.pdf

Attached: Screenshot_20181206-022015_Moon+ Reader Pro.jpg (1080x1920, 684K)

Curious as to how that mechanism works, and how to thwart it.

Attached: 1516252475242.jpg (866x1280, 107K)

>this is where your information goes whenever you reply to datamining threads.

I'm starting to think that there is a bot on here that analyzes 24/7 all content posted.

Then it compares all trending words/phrases/media across a threshold that is compared to whatever is being posted here.

From there it allows an interface to track all footprints leading from this site and figures out the root. Allowing people to pinpoint a narrative and unpack it as "conspiracy" or "hate speech rhetoric" to disenfranchise the movement.

Then they astro-turf on any movement they can't pinpoint to have controlled opposition and get people to discuss it here so that they can relocate all aggression towards this site as a boogeyman that has been postured as a strawman argument.

So basically this website is a honeypot that has only survived to slowly subvert and control the narrative aside from anything we say or do. And considering the massive amount of censoring going on it would all make sense that they would allow this site to still produce content.

This thread has probably already been pruned yet there is a thread on the first page that is literally *schlop* posting.

Fuck you mods.

See snowden leaks, NSA telecom room.

Pretty simple stuff, really. The more complex technology is downstream.

Keep bumpin'. Did you read the pdf? I read it when it first came out, but I just remember it and thought I'd share with all the newfags.

Attached: Screenshot_20181206-024251_Moon+ Reader Pro.jpg (1080x1920, 584K)

I can't believe this is real. They even have pages dedicated to rare Pepes.

>Perhaps the least rare Pepe.
this sentence is in a government study
what a timeline

where can I study memeology

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-12-06 at 4.03.10 AM.png (500x695, 393K)

Right here

Attached: ggghu.jpg (194x259, 10K)

What a nigger faggot organization.

Ok this is 100% fake

Wrong

No it isn't

Attached: Screenshot_20181206-032647_Moon+ Reader Pro~01.jpg (1080x317, 92K)

Bump

Last bump. Night Jow Forums.

Attached: 1480420603871.png (740x339, 426K)

Night , thanks for the reminder

good times

Attached: 1540570213437.jpg (258x360, 55K)

>ywn get to piss away public grant money under the pretense of studying a board full of autists while building your own collection of rare memes
I guess I could just become a neet but it wouldn't be the same

Pol has Jewish people from Israel, black people from Africa, Asian people from Asia as members.

Its absolutely not as two dimensional as these retards make it out to be.

The truth is everyone on earth is a fucking racist, and we all get along great when we all acknowledge it.

bump

I think you are exactly right.