Al/ck/

al/ck/ refugee thread
post here for advice on alcoholism

Attached: 3413709C-5B07-4B74-957F-51CD2FD6CB00.png (228x221, 4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Idfnm8Flz3E
youtube.com/watch?v=77qc4ZtufzM
youtube.com/watch?v=sz8FjH77wWo
youtube.com/watch?v=TBnfEu6DBz4
youtube.com/watch?v=8BpXOCxMZ7c
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

alcoholics deserve to die

Attached: [AC] Mirai Nikki - 02 [720p][x265][BD][Dual Audio][Lucifer22].webm (1280x720, 396K)

I’m monitoring this thread as a close friend of mine told me Wednesday morning he passed out drunk the night before just because he was feeling shitty and lonely after a recent break up. I’m trying to figure out how to approach this. I’ve also personally been forty days sober

I want to fucking die

Whenever I face a period of intense stress or sadness (break ups, bereavements etc) I tend to drink a lot and end up getting drunk most nights a week for a couple of months straight after the event. This has happened a good few times in the past. Is it an actual problem? Or just a way of coping temporarily? When I’m happy I don’t feel the need to drink excessively, but when I’m sad I definitely have the urge to drink. Don’t know if it will prove to be a genuine problem or if I’m just being a bitch.

This individual has a serious history of drinking, he's had to quit once before and we told him he just needed to pace himself. We agreed that he'll polish off whatever is left at his place, with his friends, then not keep any in the house; then he can limit himself to 1-2 drinks the few times we go out, maybe twice a week at best.
Personally, I quit for a few different reasons, but I did about the same amt of drinking as I've recommended to my friend: I rarely drank at home by myself, we meet up each thursday and I'd order a beer, but slowly stopped and set a hard date to quit entirely. You'd be surprised at the outcome...you feel more awake, your skin re-hydrates, you lose pounds, there's positive effects to drinking well into a year since the last day you quit. And each person will tackle it differently. Are you able to swap the drink for something else? A sparkling water or soda, to fill you up...a stick of gum?

Me too

Cheers mate

Does anything pair better with al/ck/ than country music?

No. This song especially (please excuse the phone posting)
m.youtube.com/watch?v=Idfnm8Flz3E

Well that's not very nice

>tfw can feel the dependency on alcohol forming
>tfw realizing you have no self control at all
Broke the comfort eating curse and started losing weight, turns out I didn't break it but instead replaced it with more cigarettes and alcohol. Weighed myself earlier and I had somehow put 5lbs back on, started feeling bad, immediately felt like I wasn't going to make it through feeling like that without getting drunk. Even just having an unopened bottle sitting there makes me feel less anxious and panicky when I start feeling bad, almost like there's no sense of immediate doom.

modern country music is hillarious because they glorify beer and redneck culture. My boss listens to country music on the radio and I've heard this song like 3 times today.
youtube.com/watch?v=77qc4ZtufzM

Ok guys, we will lay low here for a couple months and see how this all plays out but I'll be a goat fucking shit skin if I'm ever going to post in r9k

I was thinking more about alt country and old school country/folk. i really don't listen to much pop country.

youtube.com/watch?v=sz8FjH77wWo

Ryan Adams is a cuck, but his work with Whiskeytown and his first solo album are fucking gold. Top tier song writing.

Lucero and Uncle Tupelo are gold as well.
youtube.com/watch?v=TBnfEu6DBz4

youtube.com/watch?v=8BpXOCxMZ7c

this board is depressing

Fuck you.
Meh, don't take nonsense seriously.
The rest of you, drink water and go to sleep you idiots.

I don't want to think about her anymore, I don't want to look at my life because it's so fucking empty, I'm sick of living my life

Someone fucking end me already

just start making threads about apples
talk about "apples" instead of al/ck/

I'm straight drunk now.
Just about done for tonight

What I'm upset about is my military application.
I bet a lot of Americans are getting upset about that.
Oh jeeez you fascist.

What ever. I'm going for a career

don't be a bitchboy. I dream about her every night and it makes me feel at ease, remember she's not the only one out there and there is someone like her out there but that one is for you.

I hate everything

fuck nigger faggot gooks

hopefully within 5 hours i can get high out of my goddamn mind on the mary jew anna

eventually you will be sober again and go back to just wanting to kill yourself
don't mind me i'm just angry and bitter right now

that may be
but it relaxes and makes me happy, if only for a little while
what troubles you

suicidal thoughts, inability to quit drinking, nazi mods on Jow Forums

I thought this was /ck/
This is stupid.
/ck/ is where we go

get some weed, it helps with all of them
at least for me it does