Shit. Diagnosed with aspergers. I'm 28. Better late than never I guess? All those times I was bullied, rejected, etc...

Shit. Diagnosed with aspergers. I'm 28. Better late than never I guess? All those times I was bullied, rejected, etc. make sense now.

No Jow Forumsice, just need to vent. Fuck man

Attached: 1525670425539.jpg (1024x1024, 92K)

Your diagnosis means nothing and you'll only use this as an excuse for your failures.

This.
90% of americans could walk into a psychiatrist’s office & leave with a disease they never knew they had.
Instead of trying to medically define yourself as a copout for all the things you won’t change, what you need is to understand yourself & seek to progress.

Sounds like hard work huh? Let’s just stew on a diagnosis & feel bad for ourselves as we consider drugs instead

I was diagnosed with aspergers when I was 16. I'm 29 now. Nobody could understand what it's like to live with aspergers until they've done it themselves. But just because you have aspergers doesn't mean it's the end of the world. I've just accepted that I will never be a normal person and I'm ok with that. Learn to live with yourself

You good bro. Life is just starting for you

Life is a long time

Fuck the haters we all found this site, we all together

Chin up, set your mind to it, no excuses, you can do it

Hahaha. Why are you losers so obessesed with me? I mean the amount of validation you've given me and I don't even care about you. You really put me on a pedestal. I'm clearly better than you.

You are pathetic. I'm sure your fat too.

yes I'm sure your day job is far more qualifying for medical diagnosis than an actual psychiatrist

kys

Are you OP? You might have normal autism.

"Aspergers" is kind of an antiquated term, and I don't believe it's a condition in the DSM V. The term is Autism Spectrum.

Go take your meds & cuck your brain and self image off to billion dollar industries some more you fucking tool.

We didn't do any diagnosis, user. He was already diagnosed. Perhaps if you weren't so retarded you'd know what that word meant. Perhaps it is you who should kill themselves.

>are you OP
No and from where I'm sitting it's you two who are the autists

>your diagnosis means nothing
>medically define yourself as a copout
both implying the diagnosis was either false or irrelevant, also implying you know more than actual Psychiatrist

Please reconsider procreation, you're all ten times more retarded than OP and he's actually retarded

I am soOoOoOoOooo educated.

then stop hijacking the thread you nut

All Aspergers means - ALL it means - is that you have some difficulty picking up on non-verbal social cues from others. You can't always tell when they're joking, or angry, or whatever.

That can (but needn't always) lead to some social awkwardness, and that can (but needn't always) lead to rejection or bullying by others.

And all the things you can't do as easily as others CAN be learned with some dedication. In short, life isn't as easy and instinctual for you as it is for most, but it can be mastered with some effort

I'm still waiting for my autism assessment results and i'm upset that this wasn't considered when I was younger and only now at 27. I was showing signs when I was 3, how did no-one think to check my odd behaviour back then? Maybe the doctors I had never cared enough as my parents had concerns.

why 'fuck man'?

i took an aspergers test just now and i rated a 14.? guess my social failure is just because im a lazy fuck and not beause i can't read social cues.

You'll find that aspergers (or autism) is not very helpful in figuring out anything in regards to who you are as a person, all it does is put you in a box and give you the pleasure of being treated like a 10 y/o for the rest of your life. But hey if thats your thing. Was diagnosed myself at 19 and im 28 as well.

Not true. I have ADHD. Always kind of knew but didn't have a diagnosis until 27.

Basically meant I could open a textbook to figure out exactly how my brain works and exactly how to manipulate it.

Diagnosese of disorders are good things if you aren't a dumbass.

Maybe you were bullied, rejected, etc, due to your actual personality and not your disorder.

Boo fucking hoo I have aspergers too but I don’t let it define who I am and I don’t really think much of it because you only really start to struggle more if you dwell on it. In this world everyone is fucking mental everyone is insane I don’t believe in normal because it’s what society’s want but in reality everyone has madness inside them there afraid to admit and find any means to cover it up, if you label yourself autistic it will be your own downfall everyone has a struggle in life doesn’t matter the degree so get over yourself and learn how to cope with it.

That makes me think: where is the threshold? Actually why is it even called a syndrome when it's just a lack of some skill? Do people that are below average in math have some disease/syndrome/whatever? Well I see that when going deeper into definitions you stumble upon "disorder" which I think sounds fair enough.

this

It's rare that I meet someone that doesn't have some noticeable personality quirks and issues. Don't let it define you, man. Just look at it as another challenge to overcome and you will overcome it.

I'm highly narcissistic and likely aspie, I have began to have an onset of schizophrenia like symptoms lately too based off of an event where I met my father for the first time in my life,

I'm thinking of dropping out of university and moving to a seaside town because my head and sense of reality are completely warped

Sure, if you don't actually understand the point of a diagnosis and/or are a lazy fuck. My diagnoses of a Type A personality disorder helped me categorize my shortcomings, find ways to make the best of them, and helps me access resources and online communities of people with similar problems working together to do better or just to vent about particular difficulties in navigating through the world. You are shallow-minded, ignorant assholes that need to pretend you're on to some seekrit knowledge or huge conspiracy so you can feel better about the fact that you're a mediocre, average Joe Nobody like everyone else. Fuck off back to /x/ before you sabotage someone's genuine efforts to be happier.

>Life is just starting for you
25 is the beginning of the end if you haven't accomplished anything in life.

>dude, just stop being autistic, lmao

Thanks.

I also got diagnosed with asperger's in my mid 20s and it fucking pisses me off when people think it's just an excuse and just "mild social awkwardness". Sure it can be quirky, charming, and even sometimes a great advantage if you have some special skills. But wait, there's more!
Sometimes minor setbacks bother me so much they turn into obsessive and intrusive thoughts, like poor man's schizophrenia. I fail at doing tests on subjects I know back to back just because the clock on the wall is making distracting noises and sunlight burns my eyes. I eat the same exact meal every single day for months because even the thought of swaying away from the newly formed routine is making me feel physically ill. My teeth are ruined beyond recovery, not because of negligence in hygiene, but because I'm uncontrollably clenching my teeth because it feels as natural as breathing.
etc. etc.

And despite all of the frustrating/confusing/negative aspects of asperger's, the absolute worst is tfw no gf.

Nah you can begin a career in an IT field at that age no problem.

My doctor said I have bipolar schizophrenic megalomaniac klepto depression. . . What do I do?

>get thera--
>oh. you did
I'm on the cusp of that. I've heard autism and ADHD so far as suggestions. I'm interested to hear what a professional has to say, but...

Whatever you got, own it. It's not like being buttmade about it is going to magically bring the Tooth Fairy down to whisk it away.
You might not think it's much, but it took 5 adults to restrain this autistic kid I work with. It's a legit superpower, it's just the human brain isn't AAAACTUALLY capable of handling superpowers. So it goes, you know, a bit Windows ME on you. (You're old enough for that one, I can use that on you)

Just don't turn your thought processes into dial-up and you're fine. Cognizance is a hell of a drug.

So how long do you got to live?

Now instead of working on yourself you can blame everything on a meaningless label. Cool

Hey OP I'm in the same boat. Aspergers is not technically a thing anymore but my doctor thinks its still a useful distinction. Along with people here some of my family and friends seem to think its just an excuse for me to stagnate in mediocrity but fuck them, they aren't doctors. Further, its not like after I was diagnosed I stopped working or trying to accomplish things. Its nice to have an explanation for social ills in the past, and also nice to be able to work towards solving a labelled issue. Honestly it isn't bad if you find your niche, it can actually be a great attribute. For example, I am a car salesman and I think having asbergers actually make it easier to be in the right frame of mind to sell.

Asperger's isn't so bad, save for the acid reflux and medical issues associated with it. Oh and repeating phrases in your head and nauseum. Other than that, well I've never not been a Sperg so I wouldn't know what to compare it to. And like someone said, it gives you free tard strength so that's a plus.

See
Now fuck off.

OP here. I see everyone has jumped to conclusions. I obviously won't use it as an excuse for my shortcomings. I have a decent job, a close group of friends, though they just think I'm super awkward. I haven't told them yet but I will soon. My whole life I've showed signs, but only recently got help. I just assumed I was incredibly weird but I managed to pick up a lot of tricks to navigate through social interactions.

Thanks for the advice and uplifting words.

Legit smoothbrains.

The more you know about yourself, the better. A diagnosis can improve OP's life. He didn't know what was preventing him from fixing his shit. Now he does; more power to him.

>Nah you can begin a career in an IT field at that age no problem.
How?

Let me let someone else do the explaining for me!
SeeNow fuck off.

Different strokes for different folks guys. If you don't believe in the shit that's fine but it legitimately helps some people get their lives on track. Sure some people might use it as more of a crutch but if it ends up helping a few people that's a good thing. Now quit being such pessimistic fags.

Does anyone have advice on how to deal with a friend with aspergers?
I have known this guy since we were children and he was always weird, but now he is defiant + weird.
I have tried teaching him social cues for decades, but he can't/won't understand.
I really want him to do something with his life, but right now he keeps getting fired from unpaid internships and he is almost 30.
It breaks my heart but I also get it. I can't even watch a movie with the dude as all thoughts are verbalized.