I'm thinking about going to a bar by myself tonight. Should I? any tips?

I'm thinking about going to a bar by myself tonight. Should I? any tips?

Attached: bar.jpg (1500x1000, 181K)

I always go by myself and always find some guy to take me home.

lol, what happened last time you did this?

bump

Went to a nice hotel bar near the airport and business travelers always start buying me drinks. I can have my pick of guys and they are gone usually the next day.

If it's at a place that you want to be a regular at always tip. The bartender will remember you and will favor you over the other customers (pour a bit more than one shot for your rye and cola, give you a free pint/drink that they messed up on etc).

Hopefully you're not a hot head and are able to diffuse social situations. Not sure what country you're in but here in Canada getting into a bar fight will do you no favors. No point getting a criminal record that will follow you for the rest of your life.

Female bartenders are use to getting hit on so I wouldn't bother unless if you have "game" or stand out in some way (handsome and/or fit). Some female servers and bartenders will even take advantage of male suckers for tip money (breastaurants like hooters pretty much exist for this reason). Best to just tip a female bartender the same amount that you'd tip a male one (personally I tend to tip male bartenders more as I have more respect for them).

Always have some money for a cab ride home. Never know who might be waiting to jump a drunk person who has just left the pub.

There is no tipping culture in most of the world outside Burgerland.

Pls be near an European airport.

That is, if you imply that there is sex involved. By "home" I hope you mean they took you to their hotel room.

If you go, then sit at the bar itself, not at a table. That way you can keep a conversation going with the bartender and whoever sits next to you.

If a girl comes in to the bar and looks around and looks at you, then looks around again, and looks at you again, this is a clear sign that she's sexually interested in you, and that's something guys often don't know.

So basically if a girl looks at you twice while scanning the room. Notice this!

t. girl

Attached: Screen Shot 2017-11-18 at 17.01.29.png (668x578, 281K)

>When girls look at you, it means they're sexually interested in you

FUCK.

They don't make enough condoms for this.

If they look at you *repeatedly* with eye contact
I'm not kidding

Attached: IMG_3846.gif (140x140, 904K)

Thanks tbqh.
What do you think is the best style of approach.
(Acknowledging every girl is different and shit)

T. Newly single guy looking for casual stuff and fwb

If she looks at you and keeps eye contact, then smile at her. If you're talking to someone else, and you are laughing, then look at her while you're laughing.

If she smiles back at you and holds eye contact a few times of doing this, you are clear to approach and she will 99% welcome you. At that point, you can basically start the conversation with a simple "hi".

Another tip: don't buy her a drink or even offer to buy her one until you've got a conversation going for at least 10 minutes and it's clear she's having a good time with you. Buying someone a drink puts a weird pressure on them to keep hanging out with you.

Attached: 1508817406924.jpg (570x427, 29K)

>and that's something guys often don't know.

I’d argue that it’s not that they don’t know, it’s that they’re either:
A.) Too dense to notice
B.) Too low self-esteem to believe a girl is paying attention to them
C.) Too narcissistic and believe *everyone* is always paying attention to them in that way

Or some combination thereof

I’m actually getting flashbacks to college where I’d end up inadvertently playing “The glance dance” with many a girl where either I’d up lookin at someone out of the corner of my eye, and they’d up up landing at me. And I’d end up glancing st them because I could feel them looking at me, and the cycle would continue and neither of us would ever be sure if we were lookin at each other because we were interested, or because we felt one another looking each other.

And it was the stupidest fucking shit. Nowadays I’d just go up and talk to the person.

>any tips?
Different bars have different vibes.
A dive bar will of course be distinct from a hihend cocktail bar...
But even within dive bars, some cater towards younger people,some cater towards older, some towards more artistic “hipsters”, some towards more college students, some towards particular ethnicities, some towards a more club like environment, some towards a more laid back and casual clientele, hell nowadays there’s even a few “e-sports” bars that are popping up here and there.

There are all sorts, and the vibe tends to dictate the kind of people you’ll encounter,

Try to find a bar that suits your style; tough often the only way of doing that is by actually going to it.

The caveat here is of course that: Saturday’s tends to turn almost *every* bar in to a loud clusterfuck.

Not a bad bad post user.

Just keep in mind that when you look at someone in the eyes, or even in the face, they're gonna feel basically the same way you do when it happens to you.

Also if someone is looking at you then she feels the same way as you would be feeling if you would be looking at her.

Eye contact is a very strong feeling in everyone. No one looks into someone else's eyes without some seriousness.

This guy fucks.
Good adv user

You have to find the right bar to go alone to. I go alone to my local bar several times a week and now I'm at the point where I know virtually everyone else who goes it.

If you go when it's too busy and noisy, you will often get lost in the crowd. If you go when it's a little slower, you can make small talk with the bartender and other people sitting alone.

I have made a bunch of friends at the bar I go to, and they all live in the neighborhood. I can guarantee I'll find someone to hang out with when I go to the bar. It's great. Sometimes I'll even help out the bartenders when the place gets busy. It's a nice thing g to have in your life, but like I said, you have to find the right bar.

>no one looks into someone else's eyes without some seriousness.
Spot on. It's a yin yang
1. I'm trying to be a good listener
2. Trying to speak confidently
Idk

I was also gonna mention that if you become enough of a regular, you'll become friends with everyone. If it's your first time, sit next to someone else sitting at the bar alone and ask them what's up. It becomes really easy once you get into the habit of it

Sex is involved or whats the point. US, so sorry and home, it is their hotel room but a few times I have met local men and went to their home but that was because they wanted to impress me.

I go for little older men and not your typical Friday night bar guy trying to pick up anything.

You a girl? A gay guy, a straight guy?

And once we've done the dance for an hour or so, just go for the "wanna vet out of here?"

Just go. I had some fun times at a bar by myself.

what kind of bar you think's best for going by yourself? I've been to a lot of the bars around here with buddies before.

there's sports bars, dive bars, open-mic bars, higher end bars.

trying to decide which one to hit up. I've actually been to bars by myself once or twice before while I was waiting for some other friends and it was not a great experience. I don't really know what I'm expecting here.

I just want to do something and try to meet new people somehow.