Something has seriously fucked up and its left me distraught...

Something has seriously fucked up and its left me distraught, an online friend for years had went suddenly mute since Janurary, but around march onwards noticed they were playing steam games almost religiously, I also worked out they stopped using skype (our old only form of chat) we used to talk on somewhere along the way and could only see them on steam, they claimed they had a discord but when I asked weeks later for their info they claimed they forgot, but that was before Janurary and they would often forget details, often changing skype accounts.

Anyway cut to April and I managed to force them to say something by trying to join a game in progress, game booted me out and they gave me "not now playing with friends will talk later", the only thing they've ever said since Janurary.

During this time their partner (who I knew existed but they would never tell me who it was, turned out it was a friend I knew, its a long distance relationship) contacted me, told me they had the exact same issue despite them being romantically linked, so I decided to think maybe they just needed time away from everyone (despite playing steam) and gave them a present, a present I thought they'd like, few days later they sent me a message on steam basically saying "oh I liked it, it was thoughtful, current I am being blackmailed but its almost over"

I freaked out, told their partner, we had theories on who was involved (but not someone we actually knew), and I relayed this back to them offering help as well as sharing info they had together (they talked about me in private it seemed, stuff that I should have known but turned a blind eye too despite the years of friendship) just to offer some transparency.

Then they blocked us, she blocked her own partner despite 0 communication, me despite only a few lines between us, and all associated friends from over the years.

What should I assume here, do I assume they wanted to start fresh, or foul play?

Attached: my mental state in a nutshell.jpg (184x184, 11K)

>their
>partner
I fucking hate people who think it's necessary to conceal people's genders. We're just gonna presume you're all a bunch of gays or weirdos.
The best part is you fucked it up:
>she blocked her own partner
So we're talking about someone who is female?

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this. Let us make some assumptions.
>OP is male
>OP is interested in female
>Female turns out to be into other females and has a gf
>OP turns into orbiter hoping for online female friend to dump her gf and turn straight for OP

I miss anything?

I'm betting it's something like that. OP's fact pattern—suddenly disappearing AND blocking "partner"—is not something a mentally stable (let alone desirable) person does.

OP here, additional facts

>I have sent them financial assistance over the years, they provided proof
>we talked via voice and txt so I knew who they were
>their other contact points, email accounts linked to paypal, are dead ends
>they promised not to block me despite taking a month offline just because even I knew I was getting too whiny

OP here, I tried to hide it because they were secretive but yes they are female. their partner was male

Yes I'm male, I guess to make more sense she was an ex of mine, I knew it wasn't going to work out when they changed over the years but offered friendship, in a way I never let go because they just offered some damn good life advice that my irl friends never gave being a bunch of yes men, for a time I was interested in having her back but now that I know who her bf was I'm 100% supportive because he is admittedly a better match

I do admit I'm not "all there" at times

>OP here, I tried to hide it because they were secretive but yes they are female. their partner was male
If you're so retarded that you think this shit matters for someone's privacy, you deserve to be treated like this.

>I have sent them financial assistance over the years, they provided proof
>we talked via voice and txt so I knew who they were
>their other contact points, email accounts linked to paypal, are dead ends
>they promised not to block me despite taking a month offline just because even I knew I was getting too whiny
In other words you stopped being useful, as did her boyfriend.

>considers her an ex
>lists a bunch of "points of contact" that aren't physically meeting
um, user, she wasn't your girlfriend at all...

Attached: stop.gif (480x358, 1.16M)

fair enough
could be it, they did get a job back around november, but her bf was financially useless (still in studies, he can't help others until he can help himself), he actually thanked me personally for the help I given her over the years (even though I told her not to tell anyone, felt embarrassed for some reason) so its strange
it was a ldr and so was the bf, she's was very much a neet and now she (last I checked) got an online job, we planned to meet but my own anxiety got the better of me, but yes, a few people who I spoke to said the same.

An online only isn't really a relationship, I accepted that, I just say it as a force of habit

>it was a ldr and so was the bf, she's was very much a neet and now she (last I checked) got an online job, we planned to meet but my own anxiety got the better of me, but yes, a few people who I spoke to said the same.
wew, yeah, she's pretty fucked up honestly dude. Stupid, fucked up people pull this shit with online relationships a lot. She just literally is done with you both.

There was a guy here a few days ago whose online "best friend" got contacted by her account saying that the girl had been in a bad car accident, was comatose, and if she ever woke up would have amnesia. Biggest load of shit ever, but it doesn't change the fact that the girl wants nothing more to do with him.

The same is true here. Move on.

That is one hell of an elaborate story to make up to circumvent the simple explanation of "I don't want to talk with you anymore"

Yep. It really is. The girl you've managed to orbit and feed money to for so long is a real damaged piece of work.

This is pretty much why I'm here, to seek help, I tried therapy years ago but it did fuck all, when this girl came around she did more work than a therapist ever done thus why it hurts

>irl friends say "fuck them they weren't worth your time" yet because I'm hour plus away and working full time I never see them and they aren't online as much as me
>co-workers offer support but when I'm at work I got my head down so far I have no time to think about this shit
>only during hours when I used to talk to them do the thoughts crop back up

I keep blaming myself but its seeming more like I just can't let go, more hours at work could block it out, but after 2 failed dates from Janurary onwards (irl ones) I realized I'm not cut out for anything

The bf has already moved on thankfully, he was feeling it wasn't going well.

As for that user's story its hard to tell if its real or not, I had another friend who also ended up in a bad accident, but during their own comotose they got hacked by someone more desperate than me asking me questions, after 6+ months they came back, memory intact (knew it was them, post habits and history lined up unlike the hacker) but clearly emotionally changed by the ordeal, and even then I'm still a little skeptical about who is behind those words.

I guess really, I just want an explanation,
>fuck off I catfished ya lol
>fuck off I'm sick of ya shit
>I over reacted because you and my bf shared stuff
>I actually got hacked during my stint about being black mailed

Some closure would have been nice, I willingly cut off a past best friend and shut things out there and then when I heard what they said about me, but to just get locked out like this knowing I wasn't the only one sucks.

I have to thank you guys, shit is fucked

Shit like this just assures me online girls are nothing but trouble, guess the race for being a wizard continues

>As for that user's story its hard to tell if its real or not, I had another friend who also ended up in a bad accident, but during their own comotose they got hacked by someone more desperate than me asking me questions, after 6+ months they came back, memory intact (knew it was them, post habits and history lined up unlike the hacker) but clearly emotionally changed by the ordeal, and even then I'm still a little skeptical about who is behind those words.
Oh come the fuck on man.
>6+ months they came back, memory intact
This means that the liar decided that maybe it was a bad idea to cut off contact, and wanted to talk to you again. That's why the coma gimmick is so popular.
>clearly emotionally changed by the ordeal, and even then I'm still a little skeptical about who is behind those words.
People change in time. Even if they're doing much the same thing. When you spend six months apart from someone, you really can diverge in a lot of ways.
>knew it was them, post habits and history lined up unlike the hacker
It's possible that this person was hacked, but it's also possible this person had another friend do it to make it sound like the account was compromised and gone forever so you'd quit bugging them.

It's simple. She got a new love interest and that interest is also into the stream games she's playing. Hence you're all locked out.

>

You and your type stuck the energy out of everything, turning ordinary events into agony and driving people to the limits of their endurance.

She's not interested in you or your shit, or that of the others in her past.

This

Also find a new girl to pine over, that really is about the best and most realistic advice that I can give.

>You and your type stuck the energy out of everything, turning ordinary events into agony and driving people to the limits of their endurance.
This. It's really, really painful when you guys never get any fucking better no matter how much time or effort is fed into you. Like, it's actually depressing.

>This means that the liar decided that maybe it was a bad idea to cut off contact, and wanted to talk to you again. That's why the coma gimmick is so popular.
in the end it meant little, I talk to them maybe once every 4 months, offered no financial assistance, and they were a lesbian who I had no desires in, if there was a purpose for them to keep me I have yet to work it out, the "hacker" was strange, kept giving out ip address logins and sending mass emails to people (people I didnt know where among the forwarded contacts), he finally gave me his after some talk, turned out to be from india, I only remain skeptical because if she can be hacked once who knows
>People change in time. Even if they're doing much the same thing. When you spend six months apart from someone, you really can diverge in a lot of ways.
I hoped it would kick in faster considering this girl was mute since Janurary only to give essentially 2 paragraph's worth just late last month before the block, guess I'lkl be over this by christmas
>It's possible that this person was hacked, but it's also possible this person had another friend do it to make it sound like the account was compromised and gone forever so you'd quit bugging them.
not if the hacker was the one who contacted me first, saw them pop up and they spoke to me before I could go "wtf where were you"
thankfully my depressive self is only online, other than not being as perky irl, Im fully aware how much a burden being a depressant is, last time this shit happened I locked myself in my room for months going half weeks without food, to be fair I lost my job and a friend before I tried to pick myself up, I'm just bothered that part of the reason for my recovery back then, I still have my job now so the sooner I get out of this shit the better

>mental gymnastics, the post
I'm honestly not surprised this isn't the first time you've had some mentally disabled online friend pull the "lol I nearly died" scam on you.

2 failed dates so far, first was alright at first but the constant talk about her past sex life and then discovering she actually had depression wasn't any good for me, the second she was a blank slate and had nothing in common, nothing to talk about, and she was too clingy to a guy who would just be happy talking and chatting, not walking around whole shopping centers literally joined at the arms, worst part of that one was she's a regular customer at my work who just glares at me.

Well I did offer her friendship and felt bad but when I saw her rants on normiebook I realized I made the right choice
if you're talking about the other friend there was no advantage, speaking of which haven't spoken to her for 5 months now since all I would get was "im tired", the other gave no response and thus why Im here in the first place because no explanation, though other anons gave me worth while theories as to why i should just move the fuck on already

>there was no advantage
Buddy, you fail to understand that the people who do this shit aren't behaving rationally in the first place. You don't need to understand the motive. This person wanted away from you then probably felt bad about the coma thing rather than just ghosting you like a decent person.

whoa whoa whoa hol up
>and then discovering she actually had depression wasn't any good for me
YOU are judging HER for DEPRESSION? Pot calling the kettle black...

kek this in part, though it stands to reason that two depressed losers shouldn't date one another. It's like that guy who keep starting threads asking if it's a good idea to date someone with borderline personality disorder when he himself has it, and then fights with everyone who tells him it's a terrible idea.

This is a good point actually
Well, I didn't want to get into it but there were times she would be quiet online, I asked what's up, then nothing but tears and I couldn't do nothing about it, no words I said would help, at the time was was in another state, even now (since we're still friends and have met up a few times) she would have periods where she's bubbly and then depressed to the point where nothing would work, what I failed to mention was she would also feed my addictions which I can't disclose here rather than not encourage me, the tldr is I would bankrupt myself if I took her advice on life in general.

Fun person, but not wife material, I'm used to dealing with depressants (infact the girl topic of this thread was also a depressant).

Now that I think about it everygirl I've ever known has depression and thought by helping them out or getting close I could cure my own, think I really need to change my standards

Oh shit, hey other guy in the thread who's not OP, I think we stumbled onto something big here
>there were times she would be quiet online, I asked what's up, then nothing
OP... are you going on "dates" with these girls ONLINE? Like, not out in the real world date, but, fuck I dunno, whatever you would consider an "online date"? I'm so confused.

Op again, first one was online only, second (the depressant) we've met but her online persona and what else I mentioned here made me think otherwise, the third one was irl online, computer illiterate, and socially defunct as well, tried to make good with that once considering the circumstances but I didn't click with her

I guess an online "date" would be watching livestreams/ movies together and gaming together like me and the first girl did, plans to meet up were on the cards but never happened

>I guess an online "date" would be watching livestreams/ movies together and gaming together like me and the first girl did, plans to meet up were on the cards but never happened
wew, that's not a date bro

This is why online-only is a sucker's bet.

Plan was to meet up irl, I have the finances, just retarded, I still get lost in airports.

I fear as I get older I might end up just winging it anyway, not for a girl I know but to broaden my horizons, I'll get long service leave eventually and will need something to burn it on.

But yes I have to agree, if I ever meet anyone who's happy with a pure online ONLY (as in no plans to meet) I'll have to bitch slap them

>if I ever meet anyone who's happy with a pure online ONLY (as in no plans to meet)
Dude, I'm not saying that "someone who wants online only" is a sucker, I'm saying that someone who gets in a "relationship" having only had online contact with that person is a sucker, regardless of any intentions to meet up in person.

Meet people in your vicinity. It's not fucking hard, and they tend to be much more stable than the tards you're finding online.

>regardless of any intentions to meet up in person
This. Show us action, not words.

Oh, I see, kek when I first met them I had plans to move them from their shithole to mine, I was delirious back then.

>Meet people in your vicinity
>It's not fucking hard
I agree-
>and they tend to be much more stable than the tards you're finding online.
Not this though, suburb is full of degenerates, my work current has a stalker going around taking pics of my co-workers many of which are under 18, let alone the constant violence that happens around here, any nice girls here would be hiding indoors (apart from that last date, but we all have to leave the house sooner or later)
Before I wouldn't have agreed, now though I do, you can send all the money and promises you like but taking a proper step forward would have been better, not that it matters now in the first girl's case

>Not this though, suburb is full of degenerates, my work current has a stalker going around taking pics of my co-workers many of which are under 18, let alone the constant violence that happens around here, any nice girls here would be hiding indoors (apart from that last date, but we all have to leave the house sooner or later)
The people you're meeting online are unironically worse.

>druggies and drunkards brave enough to step outside
>mental cases that can bleed you dry with words alone

I should just move back to my old suburb but the living cost are astronomical, they had class there even though one person would get shot once a week

Who gives a fuck? You're seriously buttblasted over some dumb broad (who might actually be a dude), who you only know from the internet? Get a fucking life dude. If you keep trying to e-date, this is gonna keep happening to you.

Leave it to a tripfag to not read things properly, we have voice chat before, and my last date was an irl once last year, not even trying for an e-date, haven't been for years.

Those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, OP.

Also... trusting how someone's voice sounds as an indicator of being female? You really are dumb dude.

Lets just say I've heard enough voice changers and vocalist to know the key differences in male and female voices, would have to be a professional to talk like that, like someone with a job.

Plus my years on the internet have lead me to meet many internet traps including one who tried a lesbian into giving nudes to him revealing their secrets, not that is has any real bearing on the case at hand which I guess is over, I got the advice I need and affirmations that I can only get from people who I've never met and will never meet.

>Lets just say I've heard enough voice changers and vocalist to know the key differences in male and female voices, would have to be a professional to talk like that, like someone with a job.
top kek, you are fucking delusional bro. Not that we didn't know this already.

You know you would have hurt me if you were here earlier and rightfully so, you're a little late to the party my friend, I'm sure there are plenty of people who needs this Jow Forums

>would have been hurt by some random shit a guy on the internet says but for some other random shit a guy on the internet says
this thread is now peak millennial

>now
Not when op's a retard who can only find 'love' online with other social recluses and mentally ill people? Ok

You both got played by a sociopath and honestly it's your own fault for being enough of a niave idiot to send someone you only know over fucking discord money