>want things so bad
>don’t do anything to get them
>extremely depressed
>whenever I think about doing things to get them I stop myself
>cannot for the life of me force myself to get what I want
>zero motivation
>end up doing nothing

what do I do?

Attached: 34BFAB27-0E08-426D-BD75-C4E200AC5CBB.png (509x619, 8K)

an example being I want to be in a band and the only way I can think of that is doing an audition but whenever I try to do it I get too anxious and think about how long the process would take and how it’s not worth it in the first place. Also please try to help me generally not solve this specific problem involving the band

Nothing, I guess.

Why would you reply to my thread?

You want things but won't do anything, then you ask us what to do. You've already established you won't do anything. I'm closing off that line of thinking for you.

Well that doesn’t contribute positively to my efforts in the slightest, but if you meant it in a way that would help me thank you

i know what you're going through, feeling the same here kinda. the only thing you really can do is, move your ass. i know it sounds simple, well it's not. it takes alot of effort. sometimes i have plenty of ideas that i could do on a sunny saturday, but end up sitting at home and stare into my computer. the only solution is to get up from my ass and go outside and execute your plans.

you have to activate your common sense and understand what is important for your physical and psychological health and force yourself to do it. i know it's fucking hard and i struggle everytime.

good luck, user

Thanks. The problem is mostly that I don’t know where to start and even when I do know where to start I think about how long it would take and then I can’t do it

try not to think too much. it helps, seriously.
how old are you btw? school, work?

19. Dropped out before my senior year and do not have a job

Lucky. I wish I wanted things. There's really only been one thing in my life I've wanted lately, so I've sort of just been clinging to that. Seems since my early teens, I just haven't had the desire to do anything. I can't even really say I just sit around and play games, as I don't even have the desire to do that. Mostly just killing time, and waiting for other people to come to me with problems so I can fix them.

Sometimes I have dreams where I’m doing something that feels completely amazing like I’m in a relationship with a girl or something. Something that I never consider in my waking life. Does the same happen to you?

I don't have dreams. Only nightmares. One every year.

It sounds as though you may have a stronger desire than you realize subconsciously, but your conscious mind is suppressing it.

Are you afraid of failure?

I’m absolutely afraid of failure

you should go see a therapist. like really, advices from internet dudes that know near nothing about you won't help. best of luck, user

I’m too anxious to talk to people but thanks

You can always dream

Yeah, it took me a long time to look fear in the face, too. There was a long period of time where I didn't even realize how much I was distancing myself from everything I wanted, all for the sake of preemptively protecting myself from negative emotions. I never realized how much more painful it was to live in the sorrow of solitude than it was to accept myself, failures and all. The thing about holding something... You might lose it, but you'll always have something. There are ups and downs, but there are ups. Solitude never had any ups, and there was little to remember or recall.

It's a bit funny, one of the things that really helped open my eyes to this was reading about the Wim Hof method. That's some guy who climbs frigid mountains in his underwear, and baths in waters that would give normal people hypothermia for fun. It wasn't so much that, but the concept of just letting go and accepting pain, and discomfort. Fighting these things are what make those experiences miserable. It sounds weird, I'm sure, but it was definitely eye opening to not be willing to put myself into icy water, versus really just not minding it, and even enjoying it.

I suppose what I'm trying to say is that sometimes we have to realize we do ourselves more harm than others can. Accepting your humanity, and your struggles will let you work towards bettering yourself. Sitting in your room to avoid the outside world can only ensure that you know nothing more.

Maybe give it a shot. Step out of your comfort zone, and when you find yourself freaking out, just stop, breathe, and take in the state of the world for what it is. You may find that all these worries you hold, really just aren't so significant in the grand scheme of things. All too often, we only look at what we know, and never what simply is.

>Fighting these things are what make those experiences miserable.
This part makes a lot of sense to me. Thanks user. I’ll do better to let go and stop resisting pain I can’t change

Do small things that move you towards your desires. Probably best piece of advice I ever read was to work towards consistently having no 'zero sum' days. Those are days where you literally do nothing but work and veg out on the couch.

Instead you want to do something, anything really, productive every day. You want to join a band yeah? Maybe spend 20 minutes practicing your instrument, or 5 minutes, or just run some scales. Boom its no longer a zero sum day.

Do that shit consistently and it will get easier and easier to do a little more over time.

you just gave me
advice I needed very much (not OP, just a random)
THANK YOU!

Attached: 1526656779489.gif (540x603, 188K)

>fighting these things are what makes these experiences miserable

what if I applied that logic to solitude and ended up in a black hole twenty years ago?

Do you feel you have always failed in your life? Bad childhood, bullying, feels to weak to consider self strong especially when others around you make it? I knew a guy like that.

Glad to help man. There are other posts online about this idea I'd recommend reading them.