Just got dumped by my gf of 9 months AMA/suggest good breakup songs

just got dumped by my gf of 9 months AMA/suggest good breakup songs

Attached: 1522701723974s.jpg (182x249, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CoZVxPTvGp4
youtu.be/DWwyehP-SGM
youtube.com/watch?v=7gV3g9LCvPc
youtube.com/watch?v=9E6b3swbnWg
youtu.be/ABXtWqmArUU
youtu.be/FhMRXjGn0V0
youtu.be/79xRRrU9MLw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Rowdy Beer Drinking Night by GG Allin

The ultimate broken heart song. Stick with it to the end

youtube.com/watch?v=CoZVxPTvGp4

youtu.be/DWwyehP-SGM

Listen to American Football by American Football. Very good break-up album.

I'm sorry user. I know how hard it is. I was best friends with this girl named Diana for a year and we then dated for a year. My best memories are with this girl. She's still the most perfect and beautiful creature I've ever met. It has been 3 months since she dumped me and let me tell you it gets easier. It doesnt feel like a constant knife in the heart anymore, but I still think about her multiple times a day.

I remember falling asleep in a bed together with her in my arms and I've never been happier. I wasn't thinking about anything else in the world except her. I thought I would marry this girl. My first true love, but it simply isn't my turn anymore. I flowered her with gifts, compliments, and attention to get her back but it never worked. It takes two to tango.

I know everyone says no contact and it's almost impossible to do but it WILL make the healing process for you go faster. You will after a bit be able to love again and you WILL find someone new. The sparks will fly again for you and you will not be sad. Dont shut out your emotions. Process them. Understand how your last relationship ended and what you can do better next time.

God speed user.

Attached: f18b709.jpg (558x907, 77K)

Sorry to hear that user. Break-up is always hard, especially when it is not a mutual decision. But to you user, I say: Live. You will recover in time, and be able to look back and learn from these days.
Here, have this one I used to listen to back when my previous relationship ended without a warning, with absolutely no way to fix things. youtube.com/watch?v=7gV3g9LCvPc
Music is a great way to help you process your feelings and move forward. Don't be afraid to have the feelings you have, and let them out. A strong man isn't afraid to cry when he has a reason for it. Bottling up your feelings will make things only worse.
And take heed of the great words wrote. It will hurt, but things will get better.
You may not be happy, but you are alive. Live.

Great words of truth user. I really don't have anything to add, but thank you. Stay strong and do your best to follow your own advice.

Sorry bud, it sucks we've all been there a time or two. I think one of the saddest song I can think of Is you can't make a heart love somebody by George Strait but he has a lot of them if you enjoy his music and there is a breakup song for just about any way your feeling. Personal favorite is Honkey tonk crazy, others Easy come easy go, You look so good in love, Nobody in his right mind would have left her, I can't go on die'n like this, This is where the cowboy rides away, and a hundred other. It's why the guy holds the record for num 1's out of every genre of music

Also Hank Williams Sr has some tremendous break up song that will rip your heart out

She hates me - puddle of mud.

Good retro break up song.

Ive never understood why people want to listen to depressing break up songs.
Its worthless to purposefully depress yourself.
Listen to some fuck you break up songs instead. There arent a lot of them but theyre out there.

here user youtube.com/watch?v=9E6b3swbnWg

I read several studies that suggest than sad songs actually make us feel better because of our bond with music and the fact that the listener feels like someone understands them. But yes it seems hugely counterproductive

This.

There is such thing as excessive, but understanding that what you're going through is a common experience, so much so songs become famous over it, makes one feel like theyll get through.

This was my break-up song, and I followed it to a tee. I was, and honestly still am, so proud of myself.
youtu.be/ABXtWqmArUU

Just for you OP
youtu.be/FhMRXjGn0V0

Attached: Screenshot_20180508-154302.png (1280x720, 518K)

NiN -wish/ Sin
Tool -You Lied
Puscifer - Potions , The humbling river ( not about break up per say but overcoming a struggle)
APC- 3 Libras
Genesis- In too deep, Invisible touch ( I still think the songs about Heroin though), That's all
Dwight Yokam- Ain't that lonely yet, 2 doors down, Things change ( I like this one because the roles get flipped at the end), Turn it on turn it up turn me loose, Guitars and Cadillac's, The time I spent missing you ( awesome song)

youtu.be/79xRRrU9MLw

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 27K)

this is OP

i just want to thank everybody for your words of advice and encouragement, especially and for getting me out of this shithole i'm in
thank y'all

OP again
oops sorry man

Ramble On by Led Zeppelin