Why do people say weed worsen their depression...

Why do people say weed worsen their depression? Its been a few days after i smoked a bunch and i swear i feel like somethings been lifted off my shoulders. I feel better but not like the way heroin or speed makes you feel better. I feel better more personalized - i was a blank slate mess and after i smoked weed one night i feel like im ‘back’ now

Attached: 98877158-3CE7-4698-A8A4-8B2512EB9F52.jpg (2384x1536, 1.23M)

DUDE WEED LMAO

My own experience with it did nothing for depression, but it did a -lot- for my anxieties. If not for the fact I get really bad brain fog while high, I'd be on it 24/7. Can't really function to the level I'd like though, unfortunately. I work in a lab so I need to be at my best generally.

Fuck off, kid. He isn't even memeing it.

Yeah but it only works on anxiety temporarily. Take it away and the anxiety comes back if not worse depending on how long you've been using it and how heavily. You're not treating the problem, only using a substance as a temporary band aid.

Neither is weed some sort of magic key that allows you to access some sort of secret happy core to your personality.

Using substances to deal with your life shit is a lame idea. Ask me, I know.

>Dude weed lmao

Hows it any different to being prescribed medication, besides the source being less than legitimate in most places?

And of course the anxiety comes back after you take it away.. that's like saying your pains gonna come back if you stop your pain meds or whatever other medical issue treated with medicine you want to use.

>Hows it any different to being prescribed medication, besides the source being less than legitimate in most places?

I never said it was, prescription meds are the same thing, if not worse. But the point is using any substance to try to treat anxiety isn't going to help get to the core of the problem. It's only going to work temporarily.

>And of course the anxiety comes back after you take it away.. that's like saying your pains gonna come back if you stop your pain meds or whatever other medical issue treated with medicine you want to use.

There are much better ways to deal with anxiety like cognitive behaviour therapy and understanding why you are suffering from it rather that trying for quick fixes that in the end have an even more destructive effect on your life and leave you unable to operate. It's important that the body and mind learn to come to terms with stressors and learn ways to cope with them in order to not to make the suffering worse and even more intangible.

honestly I feel like if you think about depressing shit like ex gf or some slut that doesn't love you etc etc while you're high it Will slowly affect you over the time while your high ruining the sensation of the fact that you smoke weed to get away from those problems
tl;dr if you get high and think sad shit when your high it'll just be worse

In my experience depression has literally only come from weed

I think weed can make you quite apathetic to problems you would normally want to deal with whether positive or negative

It makes you ok with doing nothing

But I think what you say might be true, it is certainly the case with alcohol.

It's different for everyone

I have bipolar depression and I can't stand smoking pot socially. It wigs me the fuck out. Makes me feel paranoid, sick and lightheaded. Usually in this situation I just stop communicating altogether

By myself is different. I enjoy it quite a bit by myself but there are those times where I get stuck on a negative train of thought and it kills my whole high

Just make sure to not smoke when you have problems/responsibilities/moods to overcome.
If you use weed as an escape mechanism, you will become unable to solve your shit and master your life.

Enjoy the kush, but dont abuse it.

Smoke a strain with more CBD and don’t get too blitzed. The point is to Medicate unless you are just trying to get lit.

weed makes you happy if you're doing good.
Weed makes you anxious if you have some nagging responsibility you are sleeping on.

>But the point is using any substance to try to treat anxiety isn't going to help get to the core of the problem. It's only going to work temporarily.

What if you have GAD?

Im more curious as to why how when I do weed I get angry. Normally im really fucking understanding but soon as I start it i get impatient and daring as hell. Shits weird.

Weed makes me disconnected from myself, as if I am not really there. And when I come to I often remember all the problems and how I spent the last day not really thinking of a healthy way to deal with them and instead watched a bunch of video game cutscenes on youtube.

Also it could be you experimented with harder drugs such as speed or heroin so your brain chemistry is slighty more fucked and able to process highs better then someone who hasn't.

Its great when you need it. I lost a close friend and got theough the first 3months of grieving by being stoned out of mind. Ive quit completely since since then and regret nothing. I even have an active medical card that just sits in a drawer now.

Thought the same, smoked daily for 6 years and it fucked me up. Caused really bad panic attacks. I'll never be able to smoke again. Don't glorify it and be smart about it.

> Anxiety
I have had semi panic-attacks while super stoned
> Depression
Whenever I have weed I get deeeeeeep into the hole and don't leave my apartment unless its absolutely neccecary, I barely have the energy to eat and definately not to cook, until I get super starved and eat like 3-4 pounds of junkfood and icecream and whatnot over the period of a few hours.
I don't want to talk to people
I don't wanna do chores
I don't water my plants or feed my cats or clean their litterbox

Daily weed is pretty much kryptonite for my productivity.
Toking up once in a while is fine though and a great stress relief and sleep aid.
Smoking all day makes me sleep like half the day away and be completely zoned out from normallity

>it does X for me
>how could people say it does something different?
A truly wise individual.

Thats about where I am. When I smoke pot, I feel less 'anxious' for a few days.

Im not talking about smoking daily or whenver i feel sad

All im saying is, after i smoked weed last friday night ive felt better ever since and my brain feels like its working faster

I dont know how to explain it. When i was high i was a depersonalized mess but after that i felt better than i did before smoking weed

I dont have a weed habit either though i plan on smoking again next Friday to see if it helps again

How do you even get weed
Do I not hang with the right people?

People from highschool and university desu

I'm past that.

Let's address the SYMPTOM, instead of the PROBLEM
YAAAY WE'RE ALL VEGETABLES NOW

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 29K)

Me too. I just know people from my time there.

Didnt you keep friends from school user?

I guess not. I moved 3,000 miles away.

Where are you now user and where are you from?

I've smoked for 20 years on and off.
Quit last week & don't feel much different
Couldn't sleep well for a few nights that was all.

I only smoke after tcb for the day, basically in the evening, I do daily exercise and smoke less than 1g a day.
After all this time on it is there any point to quitting forever?

In Arizona now. I came from Alaska.

Are you addicted? I think of weed like ice cream, or even alcohol. They're nice, but not for all the time.

I enjoy it at night, it helps me chill after the days events.
If that is addicted then yes.

I make a point of never smoking in the daytime or when I'm at work. etc

I get suicidal thoughts and intense depersonalization when I smoke weed. I fucking hate it. Psychedelics I can handle just fine, bad trips on those are at least constructive. But fuck weed. It's like depression oregano.

Attached: 1526591992146.jpg (750x739, 41K)

Damn. I dont get it, weed is like alcohol for me. I go on months withojt using it and when i do i feel fine. Doesnt affect me whatsoever