I made a vow to God to help me pass a licensure exam I haven't passed in 6 years with 7 attempts...

I made a vow to God to help me pass a licensure exam I haven't passed in 6 years with 7 attempts. Then on the 8th without studying I somehow passed. The vow was give 20% of my income to charity. Now my head is thinking that's a lot of money but I have to do it. Is that a sin? How can I stop being so fucking greedy?

Attached: The-Power-of-a-Vow-Subpage.jpg (668x400, 43K)

Of course is a sin you fucking jew.

Of course, niggas (including myself) start saying things like "I bet he doesn't care" "As long as I do no bad" "Nothing will happen" "He will forgive me" etc.

Now, user, I know you are thinking that like everybody does, and since you are a jew you will break your promise.

And, since there's no other path to that, I beg you to not do this shit again, it's a sin.

Why did God make you fail the first 7 times?

maybe dont fucking believe in bullshit faggot

Make a budget and save a smaller percentage every day/week or whatever and donate it

Fedoras be gone.

Really, at the end he is asking about how to not be greedy because he doesn't want to dissapoint someone important to him.

OP, at least don't be a fucking asshole and spend your money in dumb shit.

You shouldn't have promised something you didn't intend to do. You dun goofed.

You have to do it, or wait to be smitten.

I made another vow for him to help me pass my 3rd year in college and I did while being addicted to a fucking mmo. The vow was go to church every week pretty simple.
I did so somehow and passed but broke that vow pretty fast. Then once I graduated I couldn't pass that shit no matter what I did for SIX YEARS. I decided randomly to go back to church on my 8th attempt because let's face it I was depressed (at this point I was only taking tests to appease my parents) and passed with 0 studying and they kept making it harder. But I made another vow to give 20% of my income if I passed this time. I know the consequences of breaking a vow and I know I definitely was retarded enough to not pass but 20% is a lot of money. I'm basically walking on thin ice now and know I can fuck up so I need to start by not being a greedy fuck.

>He thinks God will take revenge on him

I fucking wish He worked that way before you die, but that's not likely.

You know that and that's why you will break your bow again.

BUT

Since you are already going to fail, at least donate a little less, 2-5 percent and increase the thing until you donate 20 percent.

Perhaps if you stopped relying on God to achieve something you want, then you'd pass an exam somewhere around the first attempt. It's almost as sad as people who win the lottery after trying their entire lifetime and attributing the win to a higher entity.

I'm not going to persuade you to stop having "faith" or a belief in whatever, but I certainly think you should stop worrying about your sins, be it greed or whatever. Chances are, throughout most of your life, you were/are a: gluttonous, adulterous, envying, greedy, and sinful fuck. That goes for everybody.

Attached: Bland.jpg (1024x768, 64K)

What licensure exam?

you made a promise: you broke that promise
>>karma has a funny way of comming back around at the worst time.

Here's the facts: You made a promise and, whether or not there was someone listening like God himself, if you break that promise and then something bad happens to you, you'll make yourself feel worse about it because you'll blame it on the broken promise.

A vow is only required if the God you request from fulfills their part of the vow. This was a very common religious activity in Roman paganism. If the god hasn't stepped up, feel free to alter the arrangement. Who knows? Maybe the god is pitying you, knowing full well that you can't uphold those terms, and is waiting for you to lower your commitment before acting on your behalf.

*fulfillment of a vow is only required

Are you insane??? You have to fullfill it or God will kill your stupid ass with a lightning bolt. It's pretty obvious that he doesn't like you already, why else would he keep you waiting for 6 years??

Attached: feelsjesusman.jpg (300x213, 21K)

sounds like somebody never read the story of jephthah and his rash vow

I just read that story, and this doesn't apply to OP, because God has not yet delivered on the vow. He's not doing a typical Christian vow, it's more like a Roman votum. A votum is
>God, give me X
>if you do, I will do/give you Y ex-voto
For example, the conversion of Clovis takes the form of a votum:
>Jesus Christ, whom Clotilde asserts to be the son of the Living God, who art said to give aid to those in distress, and to bestow victory on those who hope in thee, I beseech the glory of thy aid, with the vow that if thou wilt grant me victory over these enemies, and I shall know that power which she says that people dedicated in thy name have had from thee, I will believe in thee and be baptized in thy name.

Note that it says, 'if thou wilt grant.' I don't think there is an official parallel to it in modern Christianity. But in this context, God has not acted for OP, so OP is currently under no obligation to God. He should renegotiate the terms before offering this vow again.

OP says God delivered by helping him pass.

Shit that reminds me
>be me a year ago
>writing bachelor thesis
>procastrinated like the idiot I am and now have to read and write 7 days a week for a month
>feel like I can't finish this, work gord excrutiatingly slow
>two weeks in, slept like shit every night
>mad fear, frustration exhaustion result in a panic attack that lasts a whole night
>feel like I'm on drugs having a bad trip the whole night, can't sleep
>meditation, calling a help line, talking to my mom, taking plant medicine to calm you down, nothing helps
>next night the moment I lay into my bed the same panic attack starts rolling in
>looks I'll be awake for another night
>kneel before my bed, hands folded
>please god, please, I give me sleep, please make it go away, please let me sleep so I can endure
>told him everything that caused me fear and weighted on my heart for 5minutes
>amen
>went to bed again, feeling really calm
>instantly fell asleep
>slept like a child for 8hours
>managed to finish bachelor thesis somehow with a few other sleepless nights but it'd never been as bad again
Do your part of the pact. Seriously do it. Next time you feel like you can't do your part of the deal don't promise it

Don't fuck with God, user
He is the One who created fear itself
His hand holds you above the flames of Hell, and one thought would send you tumbling eternally into agony
Repent of your sin. Your sin is not a failed covenant, but treating God as if he were not God.
He is not your genie. He does not grant your requests. He acts only according to His arbitrary will, and this will is always accomplished.
So repent, turn to Christ, and trust Him alone. Ask that He would give you a heart that no longer hates Him, and ask that His will would be done.
If He wants 20% of your income, it will be taken, regardless of your own intentions
I will pray for your peace