My childhood friend is now a famous musician and it's fucking killing me...

My childhood friend is now a famous musician and it's fucking killing me. I've held my jealousy down for the past few years, but I'm at a point where I'm a fat loser while he's getting laid every night and his life is an indefinite, paid summer vacation.

We both listened to the same music, watched the same movies, etc. Yet I'm so drastically inferior to him. Like how the fuck do you deal with this level of jealousy?

Attached: 1525154503234.jpg (750x841, 310K)

While we may be produced by influence, what we enjoy does not encapsulate our identity.

Your post is brings me sadness, and while I sympathize with the way you feel, I can only question your relationship with him. You are what makes you inferior. It's not what you are, it's who you choose to be. Perhaps it was a perfect storm for this friend of yours, but I'm willing to bet he had a passion that paid off. It's a lot of work user; he dedicated and now you have an intimate example for what is possible in YOUR life.

I don't understand where we went wrong in our society but you can change the future as long as you're willing to overcome this doubt that you mask with the face your friend.

Your jealousy is nothing more than intuition that you must be better than this.

Become better while you still can. Your friend didn't do this overnight.

Who’s the artist? Do you have any more insight into his life? Always been interested in how great these guys have it

I really don't want to say, but you've heard his music if you keep up with hip hop.

It's exactly as you'd expect. A day in his life is as follows:
>wakes up whenever he wants unless he has a business meeting
>smokes a shit ton of high quality weed because he has the money to do so
He then either
>goes out to town/some city outside his state/sometimes out of the country to just goof off
or
>stays indoors with his friends and plays smash bros all day
>sometimes they throw parties, sometimes its just a chill sesh
>rinse and repeat

Meanwhile I'm slaving away at my 9-5 like the good wage slave that I am. My house is tiny and I can only dream of doing half the shit he does. We'll occasionally meet up at his show or at some bar and shoot the shit, which is cool, but it's getting harder to contain my jealousy around him.

Hey man I get how you feel today one of my cousins graduated from high school and I care about him a lot but one thing that has bugged me is how much my family sucks his dick, everyone always says he’s the smart one in the family and how he’s so bright and everything and anyone in that situation can’t help but feel like shit because you feel as if your accomplishments arent worth shit. I understand how you feel man Most of here have dealt with it but you have to ask yourself why it is you feel this and find a solution to the problem.

It's post malone isn't it lol

Hey OP, I used to be friends with Palmer Lucky(the guy what made the Oculus Rift). Fell out of touch with him over the years. I was somewhat jealous of how his life was going but then the turned out to be a retard and threw it all away. Maybe he still has money I guess, but at the same time people know his face and what he did. I prefer to be unknown, I don't have expensive tastes anyway.

So, just wait and maybe you're former friend will fuck it all up and you'll get the last laugh.

Cheer up OP. He's likely taking Jewish executive dicks in his ass at the very least to live that lifestyle. Possibly even worshiping Satan. You won the long game, trust me.

lmfao work your ass as hard as he did noob

So who cares? I mean really, if you spend all your time being jealous, why stop with your friend? Be jealous of Bill Gates, he was a self made rich fuck too and he's WAY WAY richer. Or better yet. Be jealous of some Saudi prince who didn't have to work for it and has a REAL LIFE ACTUAL HAREM OF SLAVE WIVES.

If it will cheer you up, your bro is probably gonna kill himself from depression if he's actually famous, so relax.

You’re feelings towards him are Moore of a reflection of your own belief in your potential than a relection of his success

I have a famous friend that is in the music scene (plays at edc for the 2nd year this time) and I have nothing but love and respect for him

I still believe I am also going to be successful in my own discipline so maybe that’s the difference

Let me get this straight. You've got a good friend who has made it big time and instead of seeing if there's any way he can help you out with work or some connection, you're acting jealous and probably going to drive him away? If I were you, I'd make peace with myself.

By realizing that his experience is not your experience. Let to if him and be present in your own life. Every minute you focus on his life you waste a minute of yours.

My exwife is about to become a politician, i dont feel a thing about it. My life is great because its my life.

>hiphop
>jealous
Might as well kys

Idk, man, what's wrong with your life? I went to highschool with a guy, he was a hot skater boi then, and now he's a famous actor, been in several huge movies. He's not an A-lister, but you'd definitely recognize him if you saw his face. It doesn't trouble me because there isn't really anything wrong with my life. Maybe you just have a fragile ego, and seeing someone better than you wounds it? That must suck, but I don't know how to help with it.

"Creativity is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration."

You can be sure that the main difference between you and him is not his talent, but the fact that he went out in search of success and worked his ass off doing what had to be done to achieve it, while you sit at home feeling sorry for yourself

Wow, you really do sound like a loser. Maybe do something with your life instead of cry on Jow Forums like a little baby :)

Attached: 1dw96a.jpg (600x699, 88K)

That's actually very cool that you know a famous hip hop artist from childhood. Being a fat loser is you own wrongdoing though, not his. Stop being fat

>famous

Why is this all anyone cares about anymore? What happened to caring about achieving your potential and trying to reach the highest spiritual level you can? He's probably not even that goodnight or talented a musician. And if it helps you feel any better most if not all of these people will be forgotten in 200 years anyway

I don’t get the jelly part. About 20 people that I went to schools with are famous...that’s life. I am dirt poor, but extremely happy.

omg you're probably right haha

Sounds like a manchild

I had the same "problem" but I'm dealing with it differently. I would assume if he's truly a friend you'ld be happy for him. I had a friend who became a famous hacker, then started selling drugs, and then became a rapper. He's actually pretty famous now. I don't know why you wouldn't be happy for him.

It's your fault. Take responsibility for yourself and your mistakes

Your friend worked to get where he is. Are you spitting bars at shows? No you're working 9-5.

Not trying to be harsh but nobody is a victim in this world. The sooner you realize that the sooner you can turn that misplaced anger at your friend inward and build the life you want.

>but nobody is a victim in this world
Probably the dumbest statement I have ever read.

>your post is brings me sadness
>is brings
Besides being illiterate this guy said it the best. Stop milking the thread and go achieve something OP.

He most likely simply met the right people at the right time, considering he does fucking hip-hop. He is not necessarily better than him.
is right in saying that how your jealousy should be interpreted: you know you can be better, but right now you aren't. Why is that? Only you know the answer to this question.
Answer honestly, identify these reasons and work on overcoming them where possible.
Consider also that, while hard work is definitely important to succeed in pretty much anything in life, luck plays a much larger role than we care to admit. This is ESPECIALLY true in the music business.
Don't get discouraged. True, you may not become yourself a famous musician, but you already know you could be much better.

>I'm so drastically inferior to him
How so? You're doing honest labour to support yourself and contribute to society. The world could ask nothing more of you. Instead of wasting emotion on jealousy, devote it more to diligence or simply enjoy the products of entertainers such as your friend.

You need to have a stable family. Get a wife and have a kid. Then you can lord the "I'm a parent, I don't have time to do your silly childish games" thing over him. I see it happen all the time with people.

Nigga get closer to him and try to get made an official friend that just hangs out. I bet it's Post Malone.

>he's getting laid every night

what so great about that? he is probably going to die early of aids because every single STD is on the rise thanks to casual sex.

You are jealous because he isn't your friend.

I have a friend who has achieved success where I haven't, but I am genuinely happy for him.

I think you should reconsider how you define what a friend is to you.

You have two options. Become an Elvis friend - ie. a paid sponger - or ditch the friendship. There's no way to still hang out with a guy you have so little in common with anymore.

Not him, but that's funny. Male friendship isn't really based on that kind of generosity.