Hypothetically, at what point do you need to step in on a friends "relationship" with a drastically younger girl?

Hypothetically, at what point do you need to step in on a friends "relationship" with a drastically younger girl?

What would you call the "line" if one of your friendos was dating someone underage? In this hypothetical, there is an age different of at least 5 years.

Attached: 1523096110581.jpg (639x960, 61K)

Age/2+7
Don't let your friend turn into a pedo, but don't cockblock him if there isn't anything wrong.

Is she under 18? How old is he and how old is she? Don't be cryptic

He's breaking this rule.

I don't want to post exact ages, but she's well underage. None of that "oh but she's legal in 3 months" bullshit happening here.

Younger or underage or both? Underage it depends its a weird line in the sand as some countries treat 14 as old enough but some up to 18.

I would say its not morally incorrect or exploitative if the individual has physically gone through puberty and is a mentally matured enough individual to understand psychological manipulation and unhealthy relationship behaviours and actively notice and respond to them in a way that doesn't result in them being used.

If you don't think that the person your friend is fucking is either physically or mentally mature enough then its up to you to confront him or rat him out.

Also to add I don't think age gap matters between 2 people who have matured as I laid out and I also would say that a select few women seem to age into 20s or beyond without learning how to resist abusive relationships and exploitation. At that point its a bit ambiguous, it wouldn't legally be wrong but by some peoples moral stance it would be wrong.

If she's under 16 and he's over 20, something's fucked and you should probably say something

She's 16, he's over 20.
I have already said something to both of them. Her age is causing problems already, he's terrified of going to prison and she's getting manipulated all the time by him - in this hypothetical.
I don't know what else to do.

It'd be legal in Australia but if there is manipulation and its illegal where you are then dob him in if you care more about the womans well being than your friend. I don't really have a horse in this race but either way some fallout or shitty situations will come out of stopping it.

My line would be kissing and I'd tell him he's being a dumbass. She has tons of growing to do and tons to see and do, all long before she goes doing anything with an adult. Consider it like getting your license before being allowed to drive.
Children/teenagers learn and experience things as part of growing up. For adults to step all in that is highly invasive 99% of the time. Worse yet, it can get you in serious trouble in today's social culture. Not to mention, teenagers are highly likely to make choices that disregard others when they stand to benefit or perceive themselves to benefit. So avoiding it isn't just safe for your image, it's safe for you too. Don't need to contract some guy's STD because your bitch can't keep her legs shut, because she's 16 and exploring her body, sexuality and freedom. Hell, even 18.
But you gotta understand I'm 27 and so are my friends so there's a rather large age gap from me to a teenager

It really isn't a good idea, it stands to harm more than help all parties involved. If they are like, both gusto 110% serious about it, they need to approach the younger's parents with that and appear as genuine as they can. Those are the most important people in the end
They're the ones who have to deal with the teen if things go down shit creek

>16
She is old enough to decide who she wants to have sex with. Stop being jealous and find your own teen slut.

Attached: pedoland.jpg (540x832, 45K)

Just tell us the age of your friend and his JB, you won't be able to be identified just from that.
Is she legal in your country? If so I think your friend has done pretty well for himself, so long as he's just in it for some short/medium-term poon and not a serious relationship.
He should also keep in mind the possibility of her shaming him online at some point in the future, this is unlikely but would be catastrophic.

She's 16 and he's almost 22.
I don't know how long-term he's planning but he was pretty serious about his last girlfriend (She was also underage).

Again whats it up to you?

Attached: age difference.jpg (612x612, 115K)

I was 16 when I dated a 23 year old. Worst decision of my life. He was a huge controlling manchild who cost me a good part of my youth. I'm glad I didn't have sex with him.

In the end it is her decision but I'd tell her you don't think it's a good idea. Definitely tell him off, he should know better than to take advantage of a young girl if you really think he is manipulating her.

The ISSUE is that he's got her skipping school, he's taking her money, and he's actually admitted to me that their relationship is based in part on BRAINWASHING. That's his words, not mine.

Coupled with the fact that it's definitely a sexual relationship which is illegal where we live... this girl clearly doesn't understand the lengths to which he's taking advantage of her, and that's exactly why these laws exist.

I don't want to ruin his life though. He's an asshole but he's been a friend for a couple of years now.

That’s legal in my state but it could get you killed by her family.

Im personally 23 and so are my friends and Id say 18 is the minimum, below it I wouldnt mind like jealous fags like you, but Id tell him to stay away only due to modern jail memes

This is the only true way.

Attached: 1526413877479.jpg (600x600, 39K)

Inform her parents.
>inb4 her parents are lazy slobs white trash
Inform the police.
>inb4 he might go to jail
Actions have consequences. Also there is a possible consequence that your "friend" will stab you once he is out of jail.

Honestly op, some people have to ruin their lives first before they can grow up. So what? She will just be another single mother on welfare without finished highschool. Who cares? You cant save them all. Pic related will be her future tinder profile.

Attached: single moms.jpg (576x1024, 49K)

Why the fuck do you think I'm a jealouse fag? I did the same thing at her age and it didn't work out so I would warn her.

I didn't care until I got to know her, she's such a nice person.
>inb4 I fell in love with my friends gf
She acts like a 16 year old. I'm not attracted to her, I just care about her. It makes me wonder how he can do what he's doing. And she's just too naive to realise.

Her family has some law enforcement in it, maybe I should tell them. Thanks for the advice user.

the acceptable age is is half your age plus 6 years

so if your 20 you can date a 16 year old, if your 21 you can date a 17 year old, if you are 18 you can date a 15 year old

wew yeah okay that's pretty bad

Protip: if you feel the need to cockblock a friend for any reason, you probably shouldn't even be friends with them.

>boohoo, this young princess is purely a victim for making her own conscious decision to date a man outside of some societal norm that isn't based off of biology, and needs a man of 'muh characters' and 'muh morals' to add unneeded drama and toxicity to the arrangement
We can only conclude from this post that you ARE the type of beta male that puts pussy on a pedestal. Whether you are doing this because you're a jealous faggot that never got any when you were in high school, or genuinely believe that it is your duty and obligation to muddle in the sex lives of other people that don't fit your own personal preferences, do know that you are not making a positive impact on ANYONE by doing this, and that you are in for a miserable adulthood if you continue to act like this.

This

>outside of some societal norm that isn't based off of biology
Aktschually we know that the prefrontal cortex stops making new axonal connections at the age of 25. The prefrontal cortex is involved with decision making, personality expression, social behavior, among other things. From biology, a 16 year old doesn't quite understand the implications of someone years older than her taking advantage of her by having her miss days of her education, as well as taking her money.

None of your business. Just let them do their thing and whatever happens, happens. People are way too fucking autistic about putting their standards on others when it wasn't asked for.

Age * 0 + 18
Or whatever the legal age of consent is where you live

Now fuck off with this fake moral outrage. If they are so much different i nterms of where they are in their life, they will break up without interference.

Attached: 495130.jpg (960x755, 125K)

>Coupled with the fact that it's definitely a sexual relationship which is illegal where we live...
Call the police

I just don't understand why you're presenting it as a moral dilemma. It's either rightfully illegal or none of your business.

Tell him to stop doing it or you will report him to the police. What he is doing to this girl is not cool, and is in fact also a crime. Take it seriously and don't let him ruin someone's life.

Also why are you friends with someone like this? You should distance yourself from this person ASAP.

16 and 22 is fine
here in germany girls can even marry at the age of 16
duno what do you americans even think of 16 year old girls?
they are no 9 year old childs that cant make an own decision

as long is its legal, is fine. there is no line other than at or above 18(or whatever the aoc is 4u). anyone saying anything else is just peer pressuring you.

Not me but I know a guy that was 35 and dated a girl barely of legal age. I don't think he should do that but what do you guys think?

doesnt matter its the guys and the girls decision and not to whatever you think he should do that or not

I have a similar situation here only it's A LOT more complicated. You see I had a relative that happened to be in his 30s living with me and he went out and got involved with a young girl at the same age and he got her pregnant not once but twice. The thing is, this girl's mother is the reason my uncle separated from his wife and his kids are now paying the price. My relative was adamant that this girl was not responsible for anything and yet everything I heard about her from different people tells me she is the kind of woman I don't want anywhere around my family. My relative even confessed she threatened to off herself if he left her. Now I don't know what to do seeing how my relative's children are part of my family and certainly not responsible for anything but this girl and her mother are clearly bad influences.

Is it legal? If yes it then it's their choice. What gives you the right to decide what's right for him. Your only choice is whether to still be friends with him.

I have a friend that started dating a 15 year old when he was 25, I was around 18 years myself and was a friend to both by the time. I wasn't exactly condoning about it but even then I knew it was none of my business. They're still on it and it's been almost a decade, very upstanding a cool people to be around.

Any 16 year old who is being taken advantage of and isn't conscious of it in any scenario, romantic or not, is mentally stunted and was poorly raised. Most women learn to respect themselves and avoid being mistreated at a very young age, before puberty even starts. Just because the girl's mother and father didn't teach her self respect doesn't mean it is OP's duty to do anything about it. If you honestly believe that adults shouldn't do adult things until 25, I hope you don't become a parent, as your child(ren) would be stunted individuals who wpuld be years behind the kids who actually learned things from their parents and didn't wait to experience life fully until the onset of "muh 25th birthday".

Your logic is faulty and the law would fuck you in the ass in a state where the AoC is 18, or has the five year leeway.
>Her parents didn't teach her to avoid men like me who take advantage of her!
Jesus, man.
>If you honestly believe that adults shouldn't do adult things until 25
Moving goal posts. user said the societal norm isn't based off biology. We have biological evidence that a young girl, or boy, may not have the experiences necessary to understand when they're being taken advantage of.

If he truly is a friend, never.
Real friends would hide corpses for each other.

Attached: mionsonozaki.jpg (225x350, 27K)

i really want to fuck that

16 year olds are basically retarded to a 22 year old

Yeah kinda fucked for this reason alone

>Hypothetically, at what point do you need to step in on a friends "relationship" with a drastically younger girl?
Right at the beginning.

when it borders on CP or stat rape.

Take age out of the equation and it'll become instantly clear what you have to do. The guy is an asshole.

>what you have to do

Which is what? I don't know how to help other than report the guy, who's been my friend for years. I tried to give her advice but she's not having it, and I was the reason his last girlfriend dumped him (the situation was more or less exactly the same) so I feel like a dick pushing it.