What is true love?

Time and time again I think that I've found it. I think that they are the one. Each and every time it fails, and each and every time I realize that what I felt was not true love. Each time I believe less and less that I will ever find the true thing. Each time the ending carves out yet another piece of my heart and throws it away.

To those lucky enough to really have found it, how did you know that this time was different?

Will I ever find it?

Attached: download.jpg (309x163, 6K)

Nope true love doesn't exist, its a meme.

There is no such thing as human altruism and therefore there is no such thing as love.

A relationship is like a business deal, each support each other's emotional and physical needs only to have their own needs tended to.

An example of this is the allegory of the man and the fish: a man sees a man eating a fish and asks him why he's doing it. The man says "because I love fish"and the first man says "no, you love the feeling the fish gives you, otherwise it wouldn't be dead".
The moral of the story is that we only love each other for the way the other person makes us feel, not because we genuinely enjoy making them happy.

Don't forget that humans are just animals OP, searching for true love will either fail or leave you in a relationship that you think is true love despite it just being like all the rest.

Attached: Screenshot_20180504-190615.png (1080x1920, 1.27M)

Maybe it's you? Your too self conscious etc.

> we only love each other for the way the other person makes us feel
> not because we genuinely enjoy making them happy

If seeing them happy makes us happy wouldn't the second point still suit the first criteria?

Are you even in actual relationships when you find these "true loves," or are you just getting infatuated with different women and not getting anywhere with them?

"True love" doesn't exist. You (and so many other beta men) have been misled.

You must only love others conditionally.

Actually in relationships

BABY DONT HURT ME

Attached: Rivera,-Storm.png (470x606, 84K)

I'm 32(m) and married with my highschool sweetheart. If I had to describe how it was for me, I would simply say that upon wondering if I'm happy with how life turned out for me I always think ''I wouldn't change it for any other life and I'm perfectly fine with this". I believe that's how you should feel with someone; I don't feel I've missed out on fucking around in my younger years and I'm happy in my daily routine alongside her.

As of lately we've been thinking about having kids and I'm looking forward to every single moment of sharing it all with her.

It doesn't have to be a big explosion of feelings (those were our first years together), it's usually like a calm and warm smile that you know will accompany you for the rest of your days. That's true love.

If you're expecting love to be anything like your romance cartoons from China, you're going to be disappointed forever.

Hard to say, maybe you look for specific type of women and that's why your relationships end up the same way. Try dating women with varying personalities of course as long as you're still interested in them.

In my case I don't just date women, they have to go through at least 2 barriers I set up to friendzone most of them. I really have to feel them in my heart to let them in all the way.

Another thing and probably the most important one, nobody is perfect OP always remember this. You will date many women and they will all have a few things you will dislike and unless you communicate with each other to resolve significant issues your relationship will also fail. A relationship is about two people always being in a state of harmony even if stress is introduced, you have to support each other and sometimes compromise if it gets down to it. Don't just run away from a relationship over little things, and if possible try to fix bigger issues. If you're really suffering and there is nothing you can do about it, then that's how you know it ends there. A relationship WILL test your endurance for adversity at some point, never forget that.

Yes and those feelings are what love are called you autist

love is just a delusions humans create to satisfy their own desire
youll never know when it was different
asking those questions are pointless
look for some1 you want and find some1 that wants you
meet character a , b , c till you find some1 that suits you longterm. then you found it

Attached: asdasdasdasd.jpg (300x168, 6K)

I feel you OP, just fucked up another relationship. Try to focus on yourself, learn how to enjoy being alone and don‘t enter any new relationships. Then try again when you‘re getting old and ugly.

2D.

Attached: 1524654080135.jpg (629x643, 99K)

First of all. Male or female?
Second of all. True love is a myth perpetuated by Hollywood and the church. There's no such thing in real life. A long term relationship is a lot of work to stay together. Especially for the guy. I've been married 11 years and it only gets harder. Humans aren't meant to be life long partners. Especially when you consider how much longer we live now. I love my girl and there are moments when we are cuddling where I get this I love this girl high.
People are so concerned with love that they forget about like. Find a girl you can like forever and make sure you impress upon her the importance of staying likable. Everyone has those family members they love. But that doesn't mean they like em.

Attached: 1524496941212.jpg (600x894, 82K)

People haven't found it or might have unrealistic expectations about the other person. Different types, different people means its different there is no one thing but it exists.

This is how its for him, they've been together longer and it sounds nice. For us it wasn't instantly or love at first sight. I've read that some people know or think that way from the beginning.
We just knew, he likes me, I like him. Its easier than normal, no question, then its love. We get along better than with anyone else. We can talk and talk. We never fight, sometimes disagreement turns into debate/argument but it doesn't effect the relationship. Never need space, although life so you get more than enough space.
I like the way he looks, they way he smells, the way he feels, and he feels the same way about me. Earlier I didn't want to be clingy because everyone says that's bad. Then I find out its fine, I'm giving him too much space but he never said anything because everyone says you don't want to be clingy. Just being held makes me feel good, he's the same. Being in the same room doing separate things is comforting. I could keep typing pages but I don't see the point because it happens, you can't force it, and it probably won't be the same for you.

Attached: Princess Buttercup GIF - Find _ Share on GIPHY.gif (250x241, 848K)

This was beautiful and comforting to read.

I Never believed in it until I found it. And when you do you will know.