Too much dog feces

I live with my girlfriend in her mom's house. Her mom has too many dogs for the size of the house.

The dogs poop and pee everywhere inside the house, even the shower. There is also a tortoise that sometimes wanders around smudging the combo of crap and pee around. Cats are not an issue, they ask to be let go outside.

The dogs have no backyard to go to, and the owner doesn't really walk or pick after them.

One of the dog eats the poop.

My girlfriend knows this is an issue, the rest of the family knows this is an issue. The mom knows too, but when asked about finding another home for the dogs, she avoids the issue and becomes frustrated.

I think it was very irresponsible when they adopted a third and fourth one.

I cannot be cleaning up after the dogs, as this could be enabling them to avoid the issue. They need vet attention, but I cannot afford it, and they just don't do it.

I feel this is animal cruelty. I think I should do something even if this creates issues towards me. Reason doesn't seem to help much, the owners seem to be in deep denial and avoidance.

Just going away myself or living somewhere else is not really a solution for the pets.

Help please. We all deserve a healthy home.

Attached: 100509g.jpg (640x480, 42K)

Well, some people are shitty people and you can either be frustrated and spoken for or be a single hero

Just report them for animal cruelty. But FYI she’ll break up with you

You and your girlfriend need to move out.

It's like the dogs have higher privileges than the humans. As the mom restricts access to the only restroom whenever she feeds the dogs as they tend to fight, so she locks the dog in the restroom. The dog also poops in the shower, sometimes it's not even solid.

The air quality inside the house is terrible. The dogs destroy stuff. The family doesn't really clean up after themselves and the kitchen is part of the mess.

This is really giving me issues with my girlfriend, even though I'm good with conflict, the family is just not taking responsibility for the terrible idea of having too many pets in a small house without the proper condition.

I'm not the kind of guy that just avoids an issue, so this creates friction, and I'm not the kind of person to enable irresponsibility... I have to do something.

I cannot stand idly while there is this kind of neglect going on.

holy shit is this how first world people live like

i have 2 dogs and locked them outside at night and am already pissed every morning to see the shit in my garden. imagining having them inside your house makes me feel sorry for you.

I love how you added the detail about the tortoise that also turns out to shit and piss all over.

This.

Yup, that's certainly animal cruelty. Move out and report them.
If you didn't want the dogs to shit in your garden then don't put them out there retard.

Honestly it sounds like you're living in an absolute shit hole and if your girlfriend isn't disgusted by it and wanting to either fix it or move out she is probably equally feral. Not someone you want to be living with

Yes but looking at the pictures, you live like Hawaiians... maybe if the humans didn’t throw trash on the floor, clothing, etc., maybe the dog owner would make an effort.

You could get a couple of restaurant sheet pans and some AstroTurf, cut to fit and allow the dogs to use it as s toilet and not the carpet... hose it off.

>le dump her advice

gotdam brainlets are always at it

Read the post again dumb ass, I didn't say to dump her. Observations aren't hard.

The picture is taken from the internet. Not the actual scene.

But you could still improvise a potty area. The house could be condemned as a health hazard.

Is this really animal cruelty? Do the dogs get unfairly punished for doing it inside despite not getting walked enough? How do you know it's actual mistreatment?

You have to call animal control. You’re right; this is animal cruelty.

Negligence is a form of abuse. For the love of god, never own pets.

Do it without the hag’s consent. It sounds like typical hoarder behavior desu. Broken, disgusting people.
Those guys need a firm and steady fire under their asses to get their shit together. If you’re gonna be a limp-wristed faggot, then look towards leaving, cause nothing you say will fix anything. A nasty, jarring intervention is in order.

But it’s not his home...

He said he wanted to do something. Now, you may think I just suggested that he break into the house and simply remove the dogs... But the fact is that if the nan is as fucked as OP describes, getting her to cooperate will be very much impossible.
So a tougher approach will be needed, like throwing animal cruelty charge at them.

They don't get punished since they are aware they don't have anywhere else to go potty.