I'm being blackmailed by someone I tried to help

>use reddit to find new people to talk as I'm new to the area
>drop a girl a message, instantly tells me how depressed she is because she's in a mountain of debt
>owes something like £8,000 in credit cards, loans and "store cards"
>looking at her history ion the net seems like a problem she's been dealing with for 2 years
>is a carer for her dad so on very low income
>feel like she's not giving me the full story but I like helping people and have the money to spare
>says she needs £250 to pay off minimum balances so i send her £250
>thanks me and we get to chatting, mostly just talking about how to solve her problems
>becomes quite obvious she doesn't advice, she wants someone to pay the entire thing for her
>stop talking to her
>after about a month go to one of those reddit meet-ups in my area (good good the stereotypes are real)
>post that I'll be coming
>she uses this as a way to message other people there to get my persona details (name, phone etc.)(have a business paypal so she didn't have my name)
>starts calling me non-stop, messaging me on FB as well as friends who have liked my profile pic (only thing you can't seem to set to private)
>claims that I've been paying her to send picture of herself naked as well as videos and that I'm trying to buy sex from her
>has sent multiple pictures and videos to WhatsApp but I haven't opened or looked at the messages

What should I do, go straight to the police or just document everything and keep it stored?

Attached: Blackmail.png (803x464, 60K)

Document everything and go to the cops.
>reddit
Fucking typical. Fucking Jow Forums meetups don't end this badly, even the cum brownies were a hoax. Get it together, plebbit.

Is that stuff even illegal where you live?

You deserve that shit fully OP. Maybe next time you won't give out your details online to a complete stranger. Chances are that if she's in debt like that she's a fuck up and you won't change that. You dumbass. Document everything and file a police report

>Using Reddit
Found the real problem

you're a complete fucking retard lol

Attached: kys viper.jpg (600x600, 67K)

>What should I do, go straight to the police or just document everything and keep it stored?
Keep everything, tell the police.

>gave a woman money outright
>trusting a woman
this is a learning experience OP

How is this blackmail? What's the big deal here? This seems like an annoying situation, but one you can just ignore since it's not like she's holding something terrible over your head.

Save everything in case you need it, but I don't see much reason to panic. She'll get bored of it in time.

No this is serious user, read the last two lines OP wrote, she is blackmailing him. If he doesn't give her money she is threatening to say he's been paying her to get naked photos and buy sex from her. This is a serious threat either way.

> she is threatening to say he's been paying her to get naked photos and buy sex from her

??? Guys do that shit all the time. It's scummy, but completely run-of-the-mill even if it is pathetic. This isn't a huge deal.

I didn't give her my details, the only thing she had was my reddit username and my business paypal address which is the e-mail for a website that has WHOIS privacy protection and is nothing more than a picture.

She found my real name and phone number most probably by messaging someone from the meet-up and getting them to white-kinght. I didn't stay that long as it was a typical reddit meet-up but 2 people asked for my number.

It's not technically blackmail until she starts demanding things from me, all I've had was a request for money on PayPal arrive this morning for £500, other than that no requests.

It's a useful enough resource though I loathe the whole upvote/downvote system as it seems more like a popularity content. It also has places for meeting people when all we've got here is /soc/ which either has trannies or completely utterly crazy women.

Report the charge for fraud. Jesus you're fucking retarded. Another slip up like that maybe worse for you next time. This is nothing to sweat over but I'm astounded by how dense you are. I can't imagine how you're running your operation.

You can't report a request for money on PayPal as fraud, and even if you could there's no evidence linking her messages/actions to her paypal unless the police are involved and demand an IP trace.

All I've been informed by the police is that until she files a report or issues a threat of violence it remains a civil case. I run my operation (shows that you haven't read anything) by buying a domain name off GoDaddy and then using the admin address as a way to get a business paypal, there is no operation.

I actually did and you being a retarded still stands. For you to send an unrelated charge through your business and your domain is fucking stupid. Maybe you should have some humility and learn from this.

Perhaps you need a little help here friend so I'll lay it out simply.

There is no business, it is a business PayPal account ONLY and the domain (which has a random picture on it and nothing else) has WHOS protection which makes it impossible to get my details from it.

She didn't get my details from PayPal or my domain, she got it by messaging people on Reddit.

Sending a request for money on PayPal isn't fraud.

Hope that helps, if you need any more aid may I suggest the "Alphabet Song Collection Volume 1" on YoutTube.

Why are you still defending your dumbass actions? That speaks volumes. I don't care about what your proving because it's pointless. I won't be the one losing hundreds or thousands of dollars so you could feel a little better about yourself. No good deed goes unpunished.

Word of advice mate, typing or saying "I don't care" doesn't work. If you didn't care you wouldn't be replying, I'd suggest moving onto another thread if this one is angering you so much.

So far the mistake I've made is using reddit to meet people, lesson learnt there.

Your mistake was giving a lunatic money. I'll leave it be.

You fucked up.
Explain the situation to your friends, have them block her. Document everything. If it persists, go to the police.

You are a massive retard, and deserve all that has happened to you until now.

Document everything and go to the cops. It seems fairly obvious this is what you have to do.

Because we live in a women’s society. She can destroy his life even tho he’s innocent. #metoo bs.

OP, go to the police. Don’t open the WhatsApp messages. Go there and show them everything. Cover your ass. Seriously. This is dangerous.