I told two close friends that there is no logical reason to be a good person and I think they've lost respect for me...

I told two close friends that there is no logical reason to be a good person and I think they've lost respect for me, though I've told them that I would never harm a friend. My friend joked the other day that I'm "soulless".

Is there any way to get their respect back or do I just maintain the friendship as well as I can and not tell anyone else unless they already agree?

Attached: latest.png (1920x1080, 1.37M)

Try to alter your thinking. You said there is no logical reason, but did it affect your relationship with your friends? Yes. Was it good to do? No. So apologize

If there were no logical reasons to be a good person you wouldn't rely on Jow Forums to help you.

Fucking got 'em.

OP go to your doctor and ask for 'tism meds. Learn to mesh with society or be trampled upon: your choice.

There are in fact plenty of logical reasons to be good, but you don't really need one if you consider goodness to be desirable in and of itself.

> There are plenty of logical reasons to be good

For example?

Your friends won't lose respect for you.

You can get people to do things for you if they think you're good

Being good promotes social cohesion. If we allow ourselves to be exempt from being good we are tacitly endorsing that behaviour in others, and if no one was good the world would be a far worse place. If you do good things for people they will do good things for you. If you want reasons for being good that are advantageous to you those are a few.

go rob a bank then.

being a good person doesnt require scruples: it requires you know right from wrong.

you have lost their respect. you aint getting it back till you have earned it. that how it works

So just pretend you're good and hide your immorality?

Man you must be 15 or something. user said it all: Anything else is you venting.

Is there any reason to be good for the sake of being good though or just self-interest then?

>Is there any reason to be good for the sake of being good though

This doesn't make sense as a question, if being good is good then it needs no further justification.

Sounds like you guys don't have much respect for each other if that's all it takes. I've got an opposing friend on the religious debate and we take shots at each other all the time and neither of us take it personally because of mutual respect, and understanding people can be different from you.

You might be overthinking it. I don't know the context though. If I can't challenge a person's viewpoints without some overdone judgemental shit, I don't bother being their friend or even talking about morality or deeper stuff at all.

Don't know about the rest, but....
>not tell anyone else unless they already agree?
That's Living in Society 101. Only tell shit if people already agree or have both the patience to listen and the wisdom to get over it if he doesn't agree.

I do that even to my sister, which came from the same vagina as me and had the same education growing up. Supposedly she should understand my reasoning, which she does, just finds me a jack ass because of it regardless.
So take it from me.

I DOUBT YOU CAN EVEN DEFINE "GOOD." LET ALONE "PERSON."

People like when you're good to them and they'll be good to you back. Those who won't doesn't matter because you can gang up on them with the ones that are good to you back.

it feels good to be good for some people, like me

I tell it to my friends all the time, w are still together after many years, some have opposite worldview but it doesn't change our relationship. They weren't your friends.