Okay so I have a massive ego and am a huge attention whore, I have discovered

Okay so I have a massive ego and am a huge attention whore, I have discovered.

I believe this all stems from being bullied as a kid. I didn’t have an even remotely normal high school experience and so now I have a pathological NEED to be popular and loved as an adult because I never received any positive attention from my peers as a kid.

I crave attention from my friends and have basically started a habit of “collecting” connections as I endeavour to know as many people as possible. I get really angry inside when people don’t like me or when I am ignored or not invited to a big party/event. I just think “I’ve worked so hard to be popular, why does this person not appreciate it?”

I also have constant fantasies of being famous. I’m a good actor but my real dream is of being a musician, despite the fact I’ve never played an instrument. I look at people like Kanye West, David Bowie, hell even Harry Styles as living my ideal life. I would love to be on a massive stage with thousands of people adoring and worshipping me. I feel like I NEED that attention.

I don’t really know what advice I’m looking for but I suspect my delusions of grandeur are unhealthy. How do I keep them in control? How do I be happy without being popular or famous?

Attached: BC86A1C6-AFBE-42E3-A493-B9E9EBB60E03.jpg (620x412, 20K)

>I believe
Cool story

how are your parents

I'm intentionally not providing a (You) for this post. If you feel like you can accomplish anything like those celebrities then go for it. However, people like you are the most fun to watch crash and burn.

Best of luck, op.

My dad died when I was young. My mother is loving but we grew up poor.

I never said I COULD. I said I want to. I feel like I need to. To make up for my sad childhood

>I feel like I need to
You don't. All better now?

one of the most unnatural things in the world. You are mentally ill, you are a special snowflake that believes he's special. All these celebrities, Kayne, T-Swift, are having their day in the sun and soon they will be forgotten. And what happens when they're forgotten? No more attention, but they crave it and NEED it, so what happens? Depression, drinking, suicide, the feeling of worthlessness. If you requirement praise and validation from tons of people, you should seek help?

No no no. You don’t understand.

It’s not a switch I can turn off. My brain/heart/soul just feels like because I had a friendless high school experience of bullying and misery, I need to be the biggest, best, most popular person to make up for that.

It doesn’t need to be fame. Just being popular and loved in my social circle would satiate me

I mean there are countless examples of very successful and famous people who were very happy and well adjusted into old age. Bowie died happy and well accomplished. The living Beatles and Rolling Stones continue to have the time of their lives.

I don’t mind being mentally ill. Kanye isn’t exactly sane but he’s got mountains of money, legions of fans and will be famous for centuries to come.

how old are you?

and you are not kayne

[spoiler]plot twist, he is kayne[/spoiler]

>because I had a friendless high school experience of bullying and misery
You cannot seriously use high school as an excuse for anything in your adult life

Just an example. I’d rather be crazy and rich/famous than sane and just normal.

You don’t get it. I never had the normal high school experience. I never had friends, drunken teenage house parties, silly antics, never even went to prom. I vowed after I left to do EVERYTHING in my power to make up for it and to have as many new and wild experiences as possible in my adult life.

>Kanye isn't exactly sane
Kayne is quite miserable compared to the average person. He got lipsocution becuase he was afraid of what the media would say about his weight. He blew the 20 million dollars that his best friend gave to him. His family members blackmail him. His mother died during a breast augmentation surgery that she was warned not to do. His wife is one of the most absurd people in pop culture. He has an ex wife and a child he probably isn't close to. He has nervous breakdowns where logic fall apart for him. He becomes sleep deprived and detached from reality. He has an out of control spending problem to where he is now in debt.

>Mountains of money, legions of fans
Yes, and this is where you vastly differ from Kanye. Also, restate, he has an out of control spending problem to where is now in debt.

>just an example
a perfect example you superficial retard

also, Kanye West is addicted to drugs and can't say when he is wrong about something (at least not on camera)

I'd like to restate that you are in no way shape or form Kanye. Kanye is a great artist and his level of attainment, both superficial and spiritual, makes yours look incredibly pale.

I never did any of this by point of will
These kids ended up fucking their brains and bodies and some of them even ended up irreparably damaged
All of my fun stories happened after high school anyway. And to this day my friends and I party up and manage to make a memory while we do so.

The problem isn't that you didn't do anything exciting, it's that you let other people define your life for you. I was a nerd who clocked 130 lbs soaking wet and fapped to hentai and played video games. Didn't get my ass bullied because I stopped caring what other people thought of me
At your age, if you don't get over it you're gonna end up being one of those faggots who's 29 and lives inside the internet-- no friends, no outer influence, just... hiding. away from people, away from sight. away from judgement. beyond reproach, beyond repair.

I've seen them, I know a community that's just filled to bursting with them, and you don't want to be there
It's fat, ugly, has bad teeth and settles for the first thing that gets it wet/dicks it down

You all seem to take issue with this one guy I used as an example as one of my idols.

I mean I still think regardless of the difficulties, Kanye and other famous people like him will be remembered and studied even when our great great great great grandchildren were alive. I love the idea of that. There will be statues of these people, movies, books.

Also there was a time in Kanye’s life when people told him he wasn’t shit either. Even Jay Z never thought he’d make it as a rapper. No one believed in him. How do you KNOW for certain that I won’t be great and famous? It’s unlikely, yes. But you can’t know for certain.

I stopped caring what people thought of me a long time ago. I’m more free and liberated than I’ve ever been. I just want more people to recognise my worth.

>How do you KNOW for certain that I won’t be great and famous? It’s unlikely, yes. But you can’t know for certain.
Wow it's almost like anything within the bounds of physics is possible just momumentally unlikely, thanks for being such a cool guy and pointing that out

>delusions of fame and grandeur
You fail to recognize that everyone 'goes viral' but 'starts somewhere.' They find an appeal and stick with it for years before they go anywhere. And that's the thing; they didn't just decide to be Kanye or Jay-Z one day, they practiced for years and years against the odds and despite the competition being bold and large and numerous. They stuck with it when it sucked, they stuck with it when it was good, but they always stuck with it.

That's the issue with you guys;
>I want more people to recognize my worth
>I don't care what people think
Like, choose one dipshit. I don't give a fuck what anyone thinks because we all die. Boom. Spoiler. Everyone eats shit and dies eventually. People who are petty enough to spend life being shitty despite that painfully obvious fact don't deserve my attention. Likewise, people who manage to live good and wholesome despite that, I give my attention. And that's as fucking complex as it gets, mate. If they like me or dislike me, that's their choice and on them. Oh well.

The thing is you people won't even spend a year being good at something, or two years or four. These guys spend their childhood well into adolescence and then young adulthood devoted to their craft. My thing is that I wanna be an author; but I'm under no delusions about the amount of work, preparation or circumstance that goes into that-- I need a decent career first, I need to storyboard something legitimately and engross myself in its world, I need to create something and then, out of that, create a story. I have no illusions about this being attainable in, generously, a 5 year timeframe if I work devotedly (I am not, currently).

Do you have such passions you have devoted time to?
It sounds like you want a hugbox. I cannot think of a surer way to guarantee non-progress.

I’m just saying you never know.

The guy who served you at McDonalds the other day could be a famous actor or musician in 5 years time or less. Shit happens fast these days.

christ, you don't even listen to people when having a conversation about yourself.

enjoy being a piece of shit with delusions of grandeur. any suffering you feel as a result of your dysfunction is deserved.

Well I do think you have a problem with your ego, you sound like you want to become a self entitled narcissist. Don't do that, nobody likes those people. You want to work hard and be someone people looks up to then fine, but you won't just get things. It just doesn't happen bud. You have to get used to the idea.

Become humble before you go insane.

Attached: 2B22B241-124E-4FE1-B1E9-0C4C445FC95A.jpg (480x360, 37K)

And you never know if you'll die with no one who loves you or knows your name
You never know bro

When I made the thread I was more looking for advice on how to be happy without having such high expectations. I have no illusions that I CAN or WILL be some great and legendary person.

The thing about fame was more of a side issue I mentioned. My real focus over the past few years has been to be popular, loved and respected in my social circle. I try to meet as many people as possible. I picked up new hobbies like acting and sports to make myself a more interesting and well rounded person. I’ve honed my social skills so that I can achieve my dream of being the popular guy who men want to be and women want to fuck. It’s a VERY hard thing to attain though and even after some 6 years of hard and constant work towards this goal I still think I’m only 30-40% of the way there.

This. Learn humility or life will make sure you understand in due time. Not everyone makes it big in the world OP, you can blame your luck, the people you were surrounded with but in the end it's just not in your cards. Everyone lives with the cards they got and playing them right, that's just the way life works.

Too late I’m already a narcissist.

I spent too many years as a kid hating myself. Why shouldn’t I love myself now that I’m an adult? I’ve been far more successful in life by being unashamedly cocky than I ever was when I was meek and soft spoken.

I’m not an incel, friend. I actually get a respectable amount of attention from women, sometimes even very attractive women.

You can love yourself without overly doing it and hurting yourself in the process. What you want to do is set goals so high and beyond you that you're only going to end up tearing yourself apart for something that, at least in my opinion isn't really worth it in the end. Those guys have problems despite having all the money and fame in the world. Why would you want the whole world seeing your mistakes?

Okay let’s put that topic to the side for now.

Is a dream of being popular in just a localised sense “too high”? Can’t I dream of being a popular and respected guy, a party guy, a guy who people look up to?

Like I said, you can dream of being someone other people look up to. I don't have a problem with that and a lot of people can make it happen. What me and a lot of other people are saying is it doesn't just happen. You have to work for that dream.

>I want to be popular
>I don't care what other people think
So you clearly still care very much
And I promise that if you want to be popular, you can't care about them, not like this

Like I said. You want a hugbox.
>>>/soc
or try some faggy Discords, they're always up for a good circle jerk in there. I can throw you a few other bones if you need.

But in all honesty, you don't sound as though you want to prove your worth of that popularity. You're more interested in the results than the hard work.
And that, my friend, is a dime a dozen mindset that you can find anywhere on the internet, you're neither unique nor compelling. You either break away from it or you become its victim.

Okay, so I do work towards my dream. I have worked towards it for years.

There are still people who don’t pay me my due respect though. People who act like they’re socially above me and who don’t pay attention to what I have to say. What’s the best approach to those people? Should I just tell them to get fucked?

Personally I just don’t think I’m ever going to be satisfied until everyone I know is in love with me.

>due respect
Holy fuck you're a faggot, I'm outta this thread because I'm afraid if I stay any longer I'm going to contract your crippling autism

Obviously you just don’t get it.

You’re telling me you’ve never in your life been speaking to someone who obviously just doesn’t want to give you the time of day? Someone who obviously views themselves as being above you and who seems to feed off of a feeling of superiority over others? It’s sickening. I know several of these people.

I may be a narcissist but I treat everyone I meet with love and respect.

ITT: Crazy person doesn't know they're crazy

>due respect
>won't do anything for it but complain

>doesn't care what others think
>needs them to think a certain way

So after a lot of thinking and conjecture I've decided you probably already have a Discord where you get circlejerked
Yes, I have, and
>I treat everyone I meet...
I know you, the narcissist, spin everything you do positively
Welcome to "no fucking shit the narcissist thinks that way"

>(You) just don't get it
I know you feel this way-- obviously we're the problem and not you, Mr. My-complex-about-self-glorification-- but you have to realize we wouldn't all just band together and say the same thing because of "lel reasons." The thing is you clearly very much care what other people think of you and until you either A) change that or B) come to terms with it and find a way to get the hell over it in your daily life, you're always going to be a victim of those mindsets.

People who view themselves as above me can talk to a fuckin wall then, I'll chat with someone who cares to give the time. Hobo or Goldman Sachs, I don't care. I've talked to all types and I'll do it again
But I sure as hell ain't gonna have a life-altering conundrum over it.
In fact, I've worked for egoists who believe themselves beyond reproach. It's not fun and I wouldn't do it willingly
But life sucks, nigger. Wear a helmet. If this is so bad for you so far you're gonna have a hell of a time when someone you love dies or when a girl sucks another dude's dick despite her claims to 'love' and 'be dating' you.

Topic change. Why the narcissism?
What's so great about you?

Narcissism is how I got over being a bullied teenager. Like, I had to learn to love myself somehow. The alternative was to wallow in my own misery and never do anything with my life.

And to be honest, I’m surrounded by narcissistic and egotistical people. I don’t know why, it just seems that my social circle of college-aged people is just full of these relentlessly big characters who are all aggressively social and promote themselves heavily. At this point I have to be a narcissist to compete with them.