I'm thinking of getting a copper IUD (Paragaurd) so me and my bf of 2 years can go raw (with pulling out)...

I'm thinking of getting a copper IUD (Paragaurd) so me and my bf of 2 years can go raw (with pulling out). I'm wondering what your thoughts are on them. I'm considering Paragaurd specifically because I havent had great experiences with hormonal things like the pill. That and breast cancer runs in the family. Sucks though because I have pretty heavy periods and I know the copper one can make them even heavier. I will be talking to a doctor soon as well, but here are my questions. Let me know if any of you have an IUD.

>What is the chances of expulsion (it falling out) and would you notice if it does?
>What's the chance of it stabbing into me and needing to be surgically removed?
>If it's copper, isn't there a chance of heavy metal poisoning? Of it rusting?

I've seen some horror stories, but you see that with almost any medical treatment, where some people react very badly but most are fine. What do you guys think?

Attached: download (8).jpg (266x189, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

birth-control-comparison.info/iud-copper
archive.4plebs.org/adv/thread/19488816/#19490974
teachmeanatomy.info/pelvis/the-male-reproductive-system/bulbourethral-glands/
youtube.com/watch?v=2UfIqT-tfLk
youtube.com/watch?v=8P_tevXH-Ec
twitter.com/AnonBabble

My mom had that but then I was conceived so yea. That's all I can say....

Try condoms, otherwise I think the copper is safe.

why copper? also, are you asking us the greentext questions? those are questions for a doctor.

I think an IUD makes sense. Condoms suck, and I'm not so sure about the pill.

Also, is it possible to check it's still in there? Can you feel the strings that hang out?

Oh fuck. With it in? Because when you want to have kids I know you can get them removed by a doctor in office easy and then start having kids right away. Did she do that?

>why copper?
Because hormonal birth control like the pill had given me awful cramps and mood swings. Also I read that people at risk for breast cancer shouldn't do the hormonal ones.
>also, are you asking us the greentext questions? those are questions for a doctor.
I know, and I will ask them but I wanna hear your opinions.

Look into Nexplanon maybe, but yes an IUD sounds like the best option. Nexplanon has no failure at all once it's in your arm. IUDs can RARELY have issues getting out of place, but you'll be able to tell if you can't feel the strings.

>If it's copper, isn't there a chance of heavy metal poisoning? Of it rusting?
don't ask stupid questions like this, it makes you look retarded when you have google at your fingertips

Was still in... I think she removed it afterwards.

I was the unexpected possibly unwanted 3rd born so idk

>My mom had that but then I was conceived so yea. That's all I can say....
Genuinely curious about this. IUD's are literally just as effective as a vasectomy or female sterilization. Did she have it removed and intentionally had you?

Attached: 1522616106835.jpg (640x640, 49K)

You're SURE it was still in? Because that's statistically impressive. Call 'er up, ask her.

I honestly don't know. The doctors were weirded the fuck out and some gypsy woman foretold of my coming before she was visibly pregnant.

I think the copper was removed midway through pregnancy.

Yeah lol, I'm pretty sure I guess.

They actually aren't. Pregnancy can happen much more frequently than either of the other two options you mentioned. Worse yet, on occassion it can cause severe defects. They are shit.

Fuck well as soon as I was born I had a kidney infection and I also had a 50/50 chance of being strangled by my own umbilical cord... Rip

Nibba what? Tha- how?

Naw, not good enough, call her because you need to know if that gypsy did some voodoo shit to make you happen. Call her up, tell her about your day and how your coding job is going and ask her if her IUD was in when you were concieved.

>get IUD to prevent pregnancy
>worried about it giving defects to a baby while it's in

this makes no sense. Also it has no hormones. What's it gonna do, poke the kid's eye out?

The gypsy woman stopped her in the street and rubbed her belly and said "you have a baby in there", can't remember exact dialogue but then she gave my mom a turquoise stone that she still has today. She already told me this story like 10 times, nothing more to it.

You don't even really need the IUD if your man masters his pull out. Precum contains no spermatozoa whatsoever, and sperm doesn't exit the urethra until orgasm is achieved. After he pulls out all over you, he is to go pee to flush out the residual sperms in his urethra. Then round two can commence.

That second pee step is where people fuck up. They pull out, they rest, they go again, and the precum pushes out the residual sperms into the vagina. If your man pees, there will be nothing left in his urethra.

What country do you live in? This is hilarious.

UK lol

Well that's a good story you got there Muhammad. I really wanna visit and ride the London eye sometime.

You got the coder part half right and I'm no Muhammad. Not from London either

They're 99.2 to 99.4% effective. birth-control-comparison.info/iud-copper
>Worse yet, on occassion it can cause severe defects
Source?

No, I don't think I trust that.

archive.4plebs.org/adv/thread/19488816/#19490974

teachmeanatomy.info/pelvis/the-male-reproductive-system/bulbourethral-glands/

There is no reason not trust it but your own irrationality.

Are you from Northern Ireland?

Think of it as having less odds of happening than a fatal car accident
Except in this case the car is the IUD and the accident is your cervix

Ex had one, really fucked up her system for a good bit. Infections, heavy flow, they really can go so very wrong case by case in so many ways. She stopped using it and switched to the pill after a month.

buddy, you can't convince a woman to trust the pullout method unless she's already willing to chance it in the first place(no science is enough, trust me).

My girlfriend has one

First couple weeks after she got it were rough but she seems much better now. She gets minor pains from it time to time as well as spotting but she says it far outweighs having periods and worrying about contraceptives.
As for the other questions, they’d probably best be answered by a doctor

originally Greek bro

Oh no I wouldn't blame her. It's putting 100% of the onus of not getting pregnant on the man's self-control to pull out at the right time. But the facts are facts, and she deserved to know what's up. I've been doing the pull out with my LTR girlfriend for a long time.

What kind did she get?

Sorry, can you translate this for an idiot?

Copper

Precum contains no sperm cells. Precum empties the urethra of urine and other residuals to make room for sperm, while also acting as a lubricant. Cum outside, go pee, you're all good.

It's amazing and highly reliable. It did make my periods a bit heavier but it's not a deal breaker.

Oh was the gypsy not in the UK? I asked NI because I know so many people there who’ve dealt with magic gypsies

Bump

I already told you about the pull out, but fine.
youtube.com/watch?v=2UfIqT-tfLk
youtube.com/watch?v=8P_tevXH-Ec
She gives a pretty negative review of them if I recall correctly, but I've also read many, many glowing reviews online about IUDs. It's up to you, friendo.

You could also limit your sex to the week just after your period + pull out for maximum anti-pregnancy since you won't be ovulating.

>Nexplanon
Never heard of it, I'll look it up

I can't speak for my ex, but I loved it when she got one. No discomfort during sex whatsoever, creampies every time. She had heavier periods, but she said it was worth it.

I have Skyla, it has less hormones than the usual ones and the pill. It's been good but did make me break out in acne and made my periods irregular and PMS a bit worse. They say these things are 99.9% effective but I'm not so sure so I make my bf pull out on days were I may be ovulating. Overall I would recommend it.

I literally just had Skyla put in yesterday. It hurt like a bitch and I would only recommend it if taking other forms of birth control are a real burden