Is political science a meme degree user?

I'm in my 1st year of uni and I'm thinking of taking this class, but don't want to waste a shit ton of money. What can I do with a Political Science degree?

Attached: undergrad-studies400.jpg (3333x1667, 335K)

Go back to school after working at Starbucks and try to become a lawyer

I got a polisci degree and the only job I’ve been able to get is bussing tables at the mall food court near my house. At least I’m redpilled on politics though

What a shame. I read somewhere that you could get into high political positions with it if you worked hard enough, especially if you know a second language. I also read somewhere that you can get into the CIA or some shit

Bitch on Twitter

You can become the next Hitler bro...
Not really, hitler wasa ziotard...same as {{{THEM}}}

Gain employment in politics.
Become a fucking diplomat or whatever. What else is there.
You donkey

PoliSci degree holder here. Only way to get into high political positions with just a PoliSci Bachelor's is to continue on to Law School or already have the connections to get a job working for an elected politician or a campaign. You can get into federal agencies but you're going to need more skills than just the degree, and you'll be forced to work in a small number of cities.

Believe it or not, liberal arts degrees pay some of the highest median wages. I’m sure you could do very well with a PoliSci degree

CIA requires that you have no morality to join.

>liberal arts degrees pay some of the highest median wages
Doubt:

only if you’re a libertarian

Hitler hated the idea of a modern Israel. That man hated all nations but his own. He was thoroughly antipolitical.

True

Poli Sci major here.
Just finished an 8 month internship here working for a republican at the State Capitol. You have to get in and make connections, the degree will look good on a resume if you’re aiming to work in politics ( no shit) but you need some experience before you grad. It will help you tremendously. You need to advocate for yourself and put yourself out there. I’m quitting school though for a trade in Washington making 90k. My boss has a masters and he was making 35k a year at 32 years old. You won’t be getting paid shit bro, just saying. Switch your fucking major unless your heart is in the political theater.

fpbp

>working for a republican
baste

Hitler lietrally helped it happen you cuck...
Gave them every reason to form the state.
Idiots.

>What can I do with a Political Science degree?
Get into Computer Information Systems or Computer Science.

> But user, I'm not good at math and I'm not into coding
Just do it, it's going to save you a bunch of heart ache down the road financially. Plus, it'll give you job security and stability. Plus, it'll give you bragging rights and everyone you meet will automatically think you're smart, regardless of whether you actually are or not.

> But user, I don't want to study that much and would rather party during my college years.
It's time to grow up and quit being naive user. Just do it. Man up and make something of yourself. Nobody is going to hold your hand or coddle you when you can't do anything with your Political Science degree when you graduate. Seriously, it's a meme degree and nothing more. That's what people who don't really know what they want to do, get. Just listen to this advice and save yourself a bunch of heart ache.
> But user, I'm just not into it.
Do it anyways. The benefits will far outweigh the costs of learning it right now anyways.

You're welcome.

Attached: Chinese Invasion.gif (498x280, 2.09M)

Unless you go to school in DC or a state Capitol where you can network, get internships, etc. it is difficult to do much with a political science degree except to go on to law school.

Double majoring in poly sci and economics currently. All you can really do with only a poly sci bachelor's degree is either move on to law school or try to get your foot in the door with political positions. If you want to try the second option, I'd recommend trying to get some connections via your local politics and/or any political organizations on your campus. I also recommend getting another major or minor in a much more grounded and marketable degree. That's why I got a second major in econ just because it's far more versatile and marketable than a poly sci degree. The best part of poly sci IMO is that it redpills you on political ideologies and history. You realize just how fucking stupid and flawed so many ideologies and political thinkers are. Ever since I read the Social Contract for one of my poly sci courses, I cannot understand why anyone takes Rousseau seriously. He's a fucking French retard who thinks that humans should live in isolated communes out in the woods and share all their food and resources. Fucking stupid guy.

>That man hated all nations but his own
This is absolutely FALSE. Yes, he love Germanic countries more than others, obviously. To say he "hated" all other nations is entirely false though. They were allies with Japan. They were allies with many other nations, in fact. He liked any other nations that wanted to embrace a NatSoc ideology (or something similar and unique).

> Hitler hated the idea of a modern Israel.
I'm sure he would hate what Israel has become, yes. He didn't want them to not exist entirely though. Madagascar was a real opportunity. He was also negotiating their return to Israel prior to Judea declaring war on him.

> He was thoroughly antipolitical.
Again, no he wasn't. He hated (((Democracy))) and its useless and nonsensical nature. He wanted to get straight to the point without any runarounds or intentional misreadings by politicians attempting to inflate their wallets (and egos). This is why he said, "let's let that which is destined to die, die." He didn't mean that he didn't see the value in being political, he held many political agreements with many different nations and peoples.

@Everything under the first Response
I'm already going for Computer Engineering. I just also really like politics and thought I'd get a deeper understanding going for PolSci

Makes sense

>going for PolSci
Minor in it instead. If you want to diversify your education, just minor in it. It'll make you stand out while interviewing for Comp Eng positions. It may even help you score a nice position doing some Comp Eng stuff for the government or a political agency. You never know, the possibilities are boundless. With that being said, I'd still major in what you are doing right now.

Attached: Kill Em All.gif (480x257, 2.46M)

Will do hombre

You're better off studying economics. Same availability of government positions and the benefit of having something moderately useful if you can't get what you want.